Started by abcbadcat, April 20, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

PyronIkari

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 28, 2010, 09:17:51 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on April 28, 2010, 12:33:00 PM
Quote from: Jerry on April 28, 2010, 08:54:06 AM
so i take it Super Street Fighter IV is totally worth $35 @ Frys? :P

Oh for sure

Ugh I just hate Super/Street Fighter 4.
I'd rather just go play Street Fighter Alpha 3.
Not that I really play Street Fighter Games.

Then why are you even posting. Though I find it funny that you'd rather play 2 super broken games... over the non-broken game. But it's not like you can play any of these at a decent level any way, so who cares.

I should really get SSF4 already, but when I do I'll stop doing needed work.

LordKefka

Speaking of SSFIV, it would have been nice to know about the LE dojo edition via Capcom's site earlier before it sold out. Nothing super amazing but it beats the hell out of ...ugh... the finger puppets Gamestop was offering for pre-ordering =___=;

Probably pick this game up and check it out in a few days after finals are done and gone with...
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 28, 2010, 09:17:51 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on April 28, 2010, 12:33:00 PM
Quote from: Jerry on April 28, 2010, 08:54:06 AM
so i take it Super Street Fighter IV is totally worth $35 @ Frys? :P

Oh for sure

Ugh I just hate Super/Street Fighter 4.
I'd rather just go play Street Fighter Alpha 3.
Not that I really play Street Fighter Games.

Why are you posting? Are you trying to get a negative response from someone? We can play Alpha 3 at Fanime, and I'll make you hate that game.

Jerry

picked up SSF4 last night-

liked the new intro and intrigued by the new character "Juri" - found it funny she reminded me Kim from the CvS2 series. that and she's freaking crazy. :P

i found it ironic that i didnt have to beat the game with every characters to unlock other chracters [which is nice] but as usual i still feel that the endings [ i only saw Juri & Chun-Li ] but i guess thats what RPGs are for.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Jesus Christ so much Anti-SF4 hate in here...

I really just can't stand Street Fighter 4 is all. It is boring and the graphics make me cry inside.

And it is better to say that I don't play Fighting Games much period. I'm a FPS guy. I only play fighting games on the side. Though I am hoping for MvC3 to be somewhat balanced without being boring so I can get into fighting games more. That is if Reach blows which I think is a good chance...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 29, 2010, 05:25:51 PM
Jesus Christ so much Anti-SF4 hate in here...

I really just can't stand Street Fighter 4 is all. It is boring and the graphics make me cry inside.

And it is better to say that I don't play Fighting Games much period. I'm a FPS guy. I only play fighting games on the side. Though I am hoping for MvC3 to be somewhat balanced without being boring so I can get into fighting games more. That is if Reach blows which I think is a good chance...

Then why are you even talking, except to show how narrow minded and ignorant you are?

SF4 is boring... yet, A3 isn't? This of course is coming from someone who clearly doesn't know anything about fighting games. A3 is build meter and range until someone whiffs something so you can VC into CC infinite for 60seconds to victory. Why do you even care about balance anyways? You don't even understand the balance, because like you said, you like A3, which is terribly unbalanced.

I don't care if you hate SF4, I just hate when ignorant people speak ignorantly about stuff.

LordKefka

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 29, 2010, 07:17:02 PM
A3 is build meter and range until someone whiffs something so you can VC into CC infinite for 60seconds to victory.

This
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

Hmm, IC.

Well I havent played A3 in years so maybe it isnt what I remember it to be, but I mainly play vs Computer or a Few friends who also have no idea about fighting games, so I can't say I can know much about how balanced it is because I have never seen the game played well.
Though when I think about it I really never had fun with Street Fighter Games anyways, so it really doesnt matter which one I prefer because I wouldnt play any of them now.

But whatever this thread does not need anymore of this so I'll let the topic drop.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

abcbadcat

Damn it Dudley, you can't

c.hk, command dash xx hk, h. machine gun

I was kinda disappointed because I thought I found a combo myself. Its not like he needs anything else lol.

PyronIkari

Finally got SSF4... CrackPr0n on XBOXLIVE

Getting used to timing on links again, since they're slightly different for some... is hard.

Kinda sad about some of the changes for Seth, but i'm dropping him as my main anyways, so m'eh.

abcbadcat

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 03, 2010, 07:44:25 PM
Finally got SSF4... CrackPr0n on XBOXLIVE

Getting used to timing on links again, since they're slightly different for some... is hard.

Kinda sad about some of the changes for Seth, but i'm dropping him as my main anyways, so m'eh.

Who you maining now?

I'm maining Dictator, Chun Li, and Rose. Adon is my newest experiment as of late. Cody is pretty cool and Guy/Ibuki are a little too technical for me (to use on a constant basis).

LordKefka

I actually like using Ibuki and Guy. Still getting used to the input timing for combos though since transferring over from Blazblue :\
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

abcbadcat

Quote from: LordKefka on May 03, 2010, 09:03:45 PM
I actually like using Ibuki and Guy. Still getting used to the input timing for combos though since transferring over from Blazblue :\

Oh, Ibuki and Guy are awesome! I just haven't put in the time to learn them yet. Once this semester is over though, I'll be playing all the time.

PyronIkari

I'm one of the original Cody players of the US in A3, so most likely him.

LordKefka: You mean combos that actually require timing? Links and real execution? OMG????

LordKefka

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 03, 2010, 11:07:44 PM
I'm one of the original Cody players of the US in A3, so most likely him.

LordKefka: You mean combos that actually require timing? Links and real execution? OMG????

No. I mean I've been playing Blazblue so much that I need to adjust back to getting used to the timing again. Hell, I had to even adjust back to CT from CS after playing it for a while -_-;
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jerry

so any interesting replays to speak of yet?

getting used to all the new modes, which are kinda cool, and im learning how lame i am watching other players in the endless or team battles.

my personal win/loss ratio sucks, but thats what i get for not playing overly aggressively.

any of you guys willing to help train me? assuming you guys arent already pwning people around the internets.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

abcbadcat

Quote from: Jerry on May 04, 2010, 08:24:26 AM
so any interesting replays to speak of yet?

getting used to all the new modes, which are kinda cool, and im learning how lame i am watching other players in the endless or team battles.

my personal win/loss ratio sucks, but thats what i get for not playing overly aggressively.

any of you guys willing to help train me? assuming you guys arent already pwning people around the internets.

I have some awesome replays

Replay:
1 - Dudley rose taunt shenanigans
2 - Rose Soul Satellite shenanigans
3 - My Rose beating a pretty good Blanka player
4 - One of my characters getting beat by a very good Chun Li

I'm down to play with you sometime Jerry :D

Mizuki

Who's on psn, add me MintBlancmanche (or I think thats what my PSN name is.) I don't have a ps3, but my friend does and I occasionally go over to play.

M

SSF4 sucks because it had to come out on the month that I'm most busy. :P

Seriously though, playing without really reading character changes has been really interesting. When I have time, I guess I'll repick it up... Unless SSF4EX+A is out by then. :D
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

LordKefka

Quote from: Mizuki on May 05, 2010, 01:37:36 AM
Who's on psn, add me MintBlancmanche (or I think thats what my PSN name is.) I don't have a ps3, but my friend does and I occasionally go over to play.

Wanna play BB? =D
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor