GET HYPE! General fighting game chat thread

Started by abcbadcat, April 20, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

abcbadcat

Feel free to talk about your favorite fighting games here! 2D/3D... just make sure you're HYPE!

MvC3 teaser!!! "IT'Z MAAHVEL BABY!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RvlKG01gKY

Upcoming Release Dates:
Super Street Fighter IV: 4/27/10
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift: 7/20/10

Very sadly NorCal Regionals is going to be the same weekend as Fanime
http://www.norcalregionals.com/

TC X0 Lt 0X

MvC3.

Quote from: Luckyxseven on Youtubei jizzed a bit

Same, Same...

They Better have Tron Bonne as a playable character like in MvC2 though.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jerry

Darn! beaten to the punch [forgive the pun]

I just found the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 trailer as well :P

here's the website i found info on: http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=18825

kinda funny how the teaser has fights between:

Wolverine Vs. Ryu
Morrigan Vs. Iron Man
Hulk Vs. Chris Redfield

I'm sure there will be a joke midget character, like servbot or someone from the megaman universe.

if anything I'm curious who if anyone obscure they will pull out of the marvel universe now that Marvel is owned by Disney...

would you avoid this game if they stuck some random Disney character in this game? or would you enjoy it more knowing that you could take anyone from either the marvel or capcom universe to beat the living day lights out of it?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

abcbadcat

I wouldn't avoid this game if it had Disney characters but I can almost guarantee there won't be any.

The trailer shows shadows of other characters and the "midget" character for Capcom will most likely be Viewtiful Joe (seen on the far left of the Capcom shadows).

I'm hoping for a game with TvC style gameplay but faster and the MvC2 button config but with a Subspace Emmisary style storyline.

The games graphics will be trying to look most like the trailer's comic book feel which looks very interesting and I hope they can pull it off successfully.

Jerry

as much as they want to claim that this game will be balanced- im sure theres gonna be AT LEAST one broken character...

we should start a betting pool and guess who it is. :P 

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Jerry on April 21, 2010, 07:26:27 AMI'm sure there will be a joke character, like servbot or someone from the megaman universe.

Hakan Vs. The Blob?  :P
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

PyronIkari

Quote from: Jerry on April 21, 2010, 01:45:39 PM
as much as they want to claim that this game will be balanced- im sure theres gonna be AT LEAST one broken character...

It matters how they decide they want to go with the game. If you played TvC th...

actually no...

If you're KNOWLEDGEABLE about TVC then you'd know there really isn't a broken character in the game at all. Even in the original one, although Karas had some stupid things about him, he wasn't broken at all. Especially with the Megacrush feature, and the fact that he had counter characters(like Jun)...

No one is broken in the US version at all... It's not super balanced or anything, but it's not terrible(almost on par with Guilty Gear level balancing). There's also no joke character in TvC either. Roll is the closest, and she's very playable.

So it's a matter of what design Capcom wants to go with. If they go the route of MvC2 where they just want to throw a bunch of stuff together and let all hell break loose and not worry about balance... then who knows. But if they go TvC route and attempt to make an actual balanced fighting game and stuff...

Weird the rest of my post disappeared.

Seeing that it looks obvious they're using TvC's modeling scheme... and according to Capcom 1 character takes about 8 months to do using this scheme... They're not going the MvC2 route where they can just put in 100 sprites and let madness ensue. The game will probably be much like TvC... probably won't be a huge cast, maybe like 30ish at most?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 21, 2010, 07:43:00 PM

It matters how they decide they want to go with the game. If you played TvC th...

actually no...

If you're KNOWLEDGEABLE about TVC then you'd know there really isn't a broken character in the game at all. Even in the original one, although Karas had some stupid things about him, he wasn't broken at all. Especially with the Megacrush feature, and the fact that he had counter characters(like Jun)...

No one is broken in the US version at all... It's not super balanced or anything, but it's not terrible(almost on par with Guilty Gear level balancing). There's also no joke character in TvC either. Roll is the closest, and she's very playable.

So it's a matter of what design Capcom wants to go with. If they go the route of MvC2 where they just want to throw a bunch of stuff together and let all hell break loose and not worry about balance... then who knows. But if they go TvC route and attempt to make an actual balanced fighting game and stuff...

Seeing that it looks obvious they're using TvC's modeling scheme... and according to Capcom 1 character takes about 8 months to do using this scheme... They're not going the MvC2 route where they can just put in 100 sprites and let madness ensue. The game will probably be much like TvC... probably won't be a huge cast, maybe like 30ish at most?

Tron Bonne better be in that 30...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

abcbadcat

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 21, 2010, 10:27:49 PM

actually no...

I seriously hope they only have one character from each series

For the Mega Man series, I hope they have X or X series Zero

They do have Ryu confirmed (obviously) and one many of the outlines of Chun Li but I guess they can say she is from SF2 and Ryu is from SF1

They could do that with Mega Man X from the X series and Tron Bonne from the Legends series but I'd rather have more variety

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 21, 2010, 10:32:17 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 21, 2010, 10:27:49 PM

actually no...

I seriously hope they only have one character from each series

For the Mega Man series, I hope they have X or X series Zero

They do have Ryu confirmed (obviously) and one many of the outlines of Chun Li but I guess they can say she is from SF2 and Ryu is from SF1

They could do that with Mega Man X from the X series and Tron Bonne from the Legends series but I'd rather have more variety

A MvC game without Legends Megaman? I don't see it happening...
Still I demand Tron Bonne. Shes just to pro to not be in it.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

They have 30 characters finished apparently...

Elimeno

Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Jerry

Funny how my local gamestop to call me not only there will be a release party for Super Street Fighter IV next week...

they ALSO asked me to reserve [put a $5 deposit] towards MVC3.

which isnt going to be released until sometime in 2011   ::)

Go Capitalism. :P

abcbadcat

This afternoon I am playing Endless Battle vs one of my friends who is pretty good and mained Bison in vanilla.

So its the final round in the tied match and he is playing as Bison and I'm playing Dudley. He attempts to EX stomp and I stuffed it with a rose. He attempts to heavy stomp and I throw another rose and stop him in his place, I then Ex Machine Gun into light machine gun into ultra for the win.

I felt awesome doing it considering I've never played Dudley in 3S and totally came back for the win.

I picked up Super and competed at the Gamestop midnight launch tournament at the Gamestop on Homestead (in/near Santa Clara) and got 4th place. I think there were like 14 people in the tourney and the guy who won is one of the best Sagats in NorCal (someone said this, his name was schunchen?).

Jerry

so i take it Super Street Fighter IV is totally worth $35 @ Frys? :P

abcbadcat

Quote from: Jerry on April 28, 2010, 08:54:06 AM

Oh for sure

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 28, 2010, 12:33:00 PM

Oh for sure

Ugh I just hate Super/Street Fighter 4.
I'd rather just go play Street Fighter Alpha 3.
Not that I really play Street Fighter Games.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

abcbadcat

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 28, 2010, 09:17:51 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on April 28, 2010, 12:33:00 PM

Oh for sure

Ugh I just hate Super/Street Fighter 4.
I'd rather just go play Street Fighter Alpha 3.
Not that I really play Street Fighter Games.

Well then don't waste your time and go back to Halo?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Sense when did I have time?
Havent played Halo for over 2 months now though.
But with Reach Beta on the horizon i will have plenty to occupy me.
But when it comes to fighters I head over to MvC2.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.