GET HYPE! General fighting game chat thread

Started by abcbadcat, April 20, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

microgamer2vs2

I still play Soul Calibur 4 because that's the only game I'm good good at. Also, I like trolling people online with Algol and Hilde.
(X'______') wideface the blog

Mizuki

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 04, 2011, 02:30:04 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on May 04, 2011, 01:28:46 PM
Quote from: microgamer2vs2 on May 01, 2011, 11:01:47 AM
I guess it's worth a shot... anyone here still keep up with Soul Calibur IV? SCIV is my main fighting game, though I'm pretty okay in Brawl, and I at least know some combos in MvC3.

People still play Soul Calibur 4? Everyone I knew that played it dropped it because the community tore itself apart and they're probably just as dumb as the Smash scene.

All Gaming communities are Dumb.

Some communities are just less dumb.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Mizuki on May 07, 2011, 11:42:51 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 04, 2011, 02:30:04 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on May 04, 2011, 01:28:46 PM
Quote from: microgamer2vs2 on May 01, 2011, 11:01:47 AM
I guess it's worth a shot... anyone here still keep up with Soul Calibur IV? SCIV is my main fighting game, though I'm pretty okay in Brawl, and I at least know some combos in MvC3.

People still play Soul Calibur 4? Everyone I knew that played it dropped it because the community tore itself apart and they're probably just as dumb as the Smash scene.

All Gaming communities are Dumb.

Some communities are just less dumb.

True, but it does not change the fact that they are dumb.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Roguemagus

So I'm going to enter the MvC3 and Smash Bros. tournaments. A couple of questions:

1. How quickly do slots fill up?
2. If I'm eliminated, is it okay for me to leave?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Roguemagus on May 16, 2011, 11:18:59 AM
So I'm going to enter the MvC3 and Smash Bros. tournaments. A couple of questions:

1. How quickly do slots fill up?
2. If I'm eliminated, is it okay for me to leave?

No, if you're eliminated you must stay there no matter what. Once you sign up, you are stuck at the convention e-gaming hall until the con ends. You can't even go to the bathroom or back to your hotel or anything. You sign your life away to e-gaming staff and you must name your first born son after JT Chinoy or daughter after Jonas.

I don't think any tournament at fanime has ever filled up completely, but that could be wrong. I know SF4 one year almost hit cap.

But this thread and section has nothing to do with e-gaming. All e-gaming questions are to go in the general programming section of the forum,so please refrain from posting about this in this section.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Who wouldn't name their first son after JT Chinoy?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Roguemagus

Sorry about that. I regretted it after I submitted.

In other news, I'm still trying to get the rhythm down on Fuerte's RSF.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Please post questions regarding tournaments here and I will answer them there unless answered on the first page (redirect to here if you hate clicking more than twice LOL):
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15688.0.html
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

LordKefka

Ok anyone wanna play some BB at the con? I'm seriously done with this online lag crap. Can't do Haida loop at all. I don't even give a shit if I fight a dozen rags as long as it's offline... Jesus Christ maybe the lag is due to PSN or something... that or one of the 10 people on the 3 floors of this building using the same internet is downloading, streaming, whatever the **** else.

/pissed off rant
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

In general FG news:

MBAA Current Code is being loketested in select arcades in Japan
BBCS2 patch is released for consoles
Bob Sagat is leaked to be in SFxT
Arcana Heart 3 on sale on PSN store (it was released day before psn crash)
Daigo calls out US in MvC3
SSF4 AE is still a boring slopfest

PyronIkari

Quote from: Mizuki on May 17, 2011, 02:31:51 AM
In general FG news:

MBAA Current Code is being loketested in select arcades in Japan
BBCS2 patch is released for consoles
Bob Sagat is leaked to be in SFxT
Arcana Heart 3 on sale on PSN store (it was released day before psn crash)
Daigo calls out US in MvC3
SSF4 AE is still a boring slopfest

Daigo MvC3 level is pretty good. He'll lose to our top players right now, but seeing that he apparently only picked up the game 2 weeks ago, it's pretty good. It's also funny he mains Phoenix.

Roguemagus

I'm thinking about getting AH3. I really liked the first game, it was the first fighting game I took seriously (i.e. beyond mashing the buttons on the MvC arcade cabinets at hotels). I mained Maori/Lang-Gong.

LordKefka

EDIT: Nvm... -_-
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Mizuki

Quote from: Roguemagus on May 17, 2011, 10:41:34 PM
I'm thinking about getting AH3. I really liked the first game, it was the first fighting game I took seriously (i.e. beyond mashing the buttons on the MvC arcade cabinets at hotels). I mained Maori/Lang-Gong.

Mei Fang is all about links now, so if you want to do like a hundred 1frame links in your bnb, feel free to keep playing her. Fire Mei is still a very solid choice. If you need any more info about the game check here. http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/Main_Page

Roguemagus

No no, Maori is the priestess. I heard she got a boost in her keepaway game in 3.

And to be honest, I originally chose Fire for her because she could spam unblockable launchers. The supers work well with combos off of Maori's top string, though. If I ever actually got serious, I'd probably look for a better Arcana.

Tsubasa

Quote from: Roguemagus on May 19, 2011, 10:07:12 PM
No no, Maori is the priestess. I heard she got a boost in her keepaway game in 3.

And to be honest, I originally chose Fire for her because she could spam unblockable launchers. The supers work well with combos off of Maori's top string, though. If I ever actually got serious, I'd probably look for a better Arcana.

If you play AH3 Maori, you probably want to look towards flower.  Flower Maori is retarded cause you can't get counter hit & get to burst more often.  You also get a super that's essentially an unpassable wall in front of her & sets up tech traps.  Other than that, I guess you could choose any of the good arcana for anyone like love, plant, or wind.

I'll take this chance to plug the monthly NorCal BBCS/GGAC/MBAA/AH3 ranbat series: Norcal Install.  AH3 entrants have been declining the last two months, so I encourage people to come. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10419
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Mizuki

Quote from: Roguemagus on May 19, 2011, 10:07:12 PM

I'm retarded and dyslexic.

atan134340

hmm seems like there are really intersted in BB & AH3  :o

Roguemagus

Moving into the realm of 3D...

I just got Tekken 6 a couple of months ago. I got distracted when MvC3 came out, but it's pretty fun. I'm considering maining Lee, I like light, fast characters in this game.

Kaycea

I haven't been into Tekken since Tekken Tag Tournament(Can't wait for two^-^) It's really hard for me to pick up and keep playing a 3d fighter nowadays. Not to mention all the 2d fighters that I did play didn't have a wide enough local community.

But I'll throw down in some Arcana Heart 3(BRAH-ING-IT) I miss playing that game but I had to always play online against Japanese players and the lag got old...That and I got tired of fighting Akane all the time =_=
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko