Feelings Towards New Players?

Started by Stranghill, April 24, 2010, 10:18:26 PM

Stranghill

I'm relatively new to Fanime, having gone only once before and only for the last day, and don't have much experience with the various tabletop games played. Exactly what is the attitude towards new players of these sorts of things? Are we expected to learn the game on our own before doing anything with other people? Are there certain games that are very new-player friendly? etc.. Any help would be appreciated.
"Blood begets blood. Nobody knows what i means for certain. Except trouble. Everyone knows it means trouble." -Stranghill Olganis

TC X0 Lt 0X

What kind of Tabletop games are we talking about?
TTRPGs, Board Games, Card Games, etc?

Though generally, most games should be easy to get into, at least if there not as complex as something like Warhammer, or something as material important as YuGiOh.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Stranghill

Well, all the tabletop games in general. I know the rules to most things, but lack materials (Know the rules for M:tG but don't have cards due to finances) and in other cases lack both. I'm wondering mostly for board games and such, though, or particular card games (I hear things of this "Munchkin" card game that I know nada about). Stuff like that.
"Blood begets blood. Nobody knows what i means for certain. Except trouble. Everyone knows it means trouble." -Stranghill Olganis

azor12

for the most part, new players are treated very kindly, it doesnt matter that you havent played before, only that you have an upbeat attitude and a willingness to learn. ;D

Almost everyone will be willing to help you learn the games being played so dont be shy and ask if curious.

A little off topic, but im hosting a panel about Tabltop Role Playing Games on Friday evening if your interested in learning about that, I also plan to try and run a few games during the con, as evidenced be the thread Forum 2010 Tabletop Gaming. So if your interested please stop by and dont be afraid to ask question of everyone.

Stranghill

Very glad to hear it! I probably will stop by if I don't get so lost/side-tracked/confused that I forget. Many thanks for the responses *nods gratefully*