Started by Crosses, February 03, 2004, 07:51:24 PM

KimaLucifer

heheh. Catch up to us Crosses :3

*watches good old Akira*
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

swordofthebezerk

By good old Akira do you mean the old one with the crappy dub or the DVD version all nice and what not.

Updated Version

RyuHayabusa

I'm watching Maria-sama ga Miteru as of right now. just finished watching episode 1 and the symbolism feels like Utena. And that's a good thing...it's also*bleep*<--guess what it is lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

KinFreon

Quote from: "Crosses"His & Her Circumstances how long is that series?

5 DVD's in North America, and available as a box set or with each volume sold individually. There are even some Volume 1's left that come with a collector box for those who were serious enough about the series to collect each volume individually and compile the box set by themselves.

platinum edge

Quote from: "Crosses"whats "Ebichu"? when you mean sick as in violent? with blood etc..or like man thats wrong and stuff..

Ebichu came from the demented studio that produced FLCL and Evangelion.  It has soooooooo many, shall we say, lewd/vulgar/unrefined/just-plain-wrong sexual jokes and what not.  Hell, this series almost got cancelled from JAPANESE TV!!!  That should give you some kind of indication as to what I mean...
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

KimaLucifer

Quote from: "swordofthebezerk"By good old Akira do you mean the old one with the crappy dub or the DVD version all nice and what not.

I mean the one that's in Japanese. Like...I have the Japanese video :O
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

KinFreon

Quote from: "platinum edge"
Quote from: "Crosses"whats "Ebichu"? when you mean sick as in violent? with blood etc..or like man thats wrong and stuff..

Ebichu came from the demented studio that produced FLCL and Evangelion.  It has soooooooo many, shall we say, lewd/vulgar/unrefined/just-plain-wrong sexual jokes and what not.  Hell, this series almost got cancelled from JAPANESE TV!!!  That should give you some kind of indication as to what I mean...

Wasn't the first time Gainax got in trouble for pushing the envelope.

One time, an episode of Evangelion was so messed up, that the network that carried it threatened to can it. But instead one of the show's sponsors (which happened to be video game giant SEGA in its' better days) just decided to temporarily cut off their funding, so some episodes of Eva are crappier-looking than others simply for lack of money.

And speaking of Gainax being po'...some later episodes of "Kare Kano" have some reduced production values because at the time, the studio and some of their staffers were in trouble with Japanese tax revenue authorities.

Crosses

i got to catch up with anime... Ebichu is that even out on US ...or should i like get it off the internet or somthing.

Whats some series that are like umm.... ninja scroll or berserk
Sorry for all the question guys just really curious to know more and to get back...thanks
http://www.nt2099.com/cosplay/cos_fish.jpg
Crazy fans or just pervented freaks
Found link at cosplay underground

Crystal Valentino

Well, you know your avatar is from Hellsing, right?
"To reign over the kingdom of the world. To make its peace and write its laws. To be generous to the obedient and merciless to all those who would stand against you.
Nothing ever changes. 2000 years and you still act as if the world is yours."-Alucard

Tama

I had wondered about the quality of Kare Kano.  It was so cheaply done!  Almost like they made it look cheap on purpose because it was going to look bad anyway? The last couple of episodes are in Manga format! >.<

It makes sense that Gainax was having money problems.
taaaa DAAAAA! I LIVE!!!!

SuperKawaiiNeko

The worst looking anime Ive ever seen would probably have to be Magic Knight Rayearth.

The manga is beautiful, and the story is good, but the anime art and animation look like crap.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

KimaLucifer

HEY HEY This isin't the thread to talk about the anime you didn't like. It's the Anime you'd encourage someone to go see :O
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

SuperKawaiiNeko

Fair enough.

Scrapped Princess. Anything by Miyazaki-sensei. La Blue Girl XD
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Monkey D. Luffy_2004

Quote from: "platinum edge"Some fairly recent ones that I've watched/am watching are:

Tsukihime (Moon Princess): A short 12 ep anime.  Action/Drama

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (The Eternity You Wish For):  Another short anime series (14 eps.).  I thought it was well done.  Very dramatic, but well done.  

Full Metal Alchemist:  Pretty intersting.  Action/Drama/Comedy(at times).  It's around ep 17 and it's beginning to get good.

didnt they make a game of that "Full Metal Alchemist" just wondering i think i sawed it on "X-Play"
sounds like a spy movie.

platinum edge

Yeah they did...you'll see some ads for the game on the A-Keep-ANBU fansub of Full Metal Alchemist...
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

Chloe

Kare Kano!  The best shoujo ever!
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Suspicious

I second Kare Kano.  Arima and Miyazawa are just too adorable together. >.<
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

senritsu

sen's picks for the anime that has me hooked and watching it overand over and pissing off all the people i live with is...

fruits basket
gravitation
yami no matsuei (english title descendents of darkness)
weiss kreuz (eng. knight hunters)
inu yasha
excel saga
trigun
cowboy bebop
rurouni kenshin
saiyuki
outlaw star (stupid cartoon that got my hooked on anime in the first place)
fushigi yuugi
x
vampire hunter d (either one)
wild arms
... *cranial flatulence*
blablabla

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.