HITO, LOVE!! Durarara!! Gathering 2011

Started by DrMarukyuu, April 27, 2010, 08:17:33 PM

summerchristmas838

D: CLOSED? Dang it WHY didn't we think of that?
So this means we need to call ahead. >.<.

ruby19_4

Who knows. You could call and ask if they are open. They might open for only half day. Check it out anyway.

summerchristmas838

Huh.
So.... should I go do the calling?

Yumiko

Quote from: summerchristmas838 on May 17, 2010, 10:32:04 PM
Huh.
;0;

That'd be super helpful! ;u; I only know the are directly around the con, and I NOTHING about any of the restaurants down there. Haha. BASICALLY, I will relying on the group to help me not get lost ahaha <3

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: DrMarukyuu on May 16, 2010, 08:00:53 PM
the problem is, our gathering is on memorial day; restaurants might be closed.. 0_0;;
Not only that but silly me forgot that the gathering is on a Monday; which also happens to be the day in the week that most businesses in Japantown are closed. (Or was that a tuesday?) I forget if the restaurants are also closed or not...

As for restaurants being closed due to Memorial Day; that isn't really an issue for most. I've ate out with friends on Memorial Day during past cons.

But as for Tengu Sushi, their sushi isn't always very good. Just wanted to mention that. But I have a feeling we might end up sacrificing quality in order to get us all in.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

xXunyuuXx

Well if you guys need help on anything around downtown, I can help since I live just a couple of blocks away from Fanime and so I pretty much know the place~ So I can check it out to see if they closed or not. I recommend not going to Tengu though. It sucks so badly in my opinion. Cali roll is soggy and some of the sushi there doesn't like to be stuck together. Service are horrible. Though price are very cheap @_@  J town in San jose there is pretty boring to me considering its only 3 blocks full of Korean, Mexican, and one or two actually Japanese restaurant. Some may be open still for memorial day. Though walking from con to J town is actually pretty far.

LastExile

Quote from: summerchristmas838 on May 17, 2010, 10:32:04 PM
Huh.
If any of the restaurants have a website, we could just go on that to check.

DrMarukyuu

if we make the call, we might not want to specify the number of people if we are taking non-cosplayers such as photographers, and give a number like "around 20".
also, just as i thought apparently tengu isnt very good, so if anyone has any other ideas please post about them~

Yumiko

Eeee anyone have any vague ideas as to how long we'll be around the con before we leave? I just tried hanging around in my Celty costume for a while, and it's... really not so great for walking long distances... or sitting lmao.

If I could have maybe a couple of minutes to rush off to a bathroom and throw on some pink pajamas (yaayyy alternate outfit) that would be great! Also, if anyone has anywhere like a car or hotel room I could set my scythe, I think the restaurant owners would appreciate that!

(Augh, I feel bad for being kind of annoying like this! Unfortunately, someone is taking my luggage and other prop back home with them Monday morning and all I will have with me for the remainder of the day is a small backpack of spare clothes and my wallet hnngh)

ruby19_4

Quote from: Yumiko on May 19, 2010, 08:10:44 PM
Eeee anyone have any vague ideas as to how long we'll be around the con before we leave? I just tried hanging around in my Celty costume for a while, and it's... really not so great for walking long distances... or sitting lmao.

If I could have maybe a couple of minutes to rush off to a bathroom and throw on some pink pajamas (yaayyy alternate outfit) that would be great! Also, if anyone has anywhere like a car or hotel room I could set my scythe, I think the restaurant owners would appreciate that!

(Augh, I feel bad for being kind of annoying like this! Unfortunately, someone is taking my luggage and other prop back home with them Monday morning and all I will have with me for the remainder of the day is a small backpack of spare clothes and my wallet hnngh)

yikes. Well the person come back to pick u up.

DrMarukyuu

aah unfortunately im underage and dont have a car >_<
also its a week before the con, so we should decide on a place. if noone has any other ideas,we'll go with the place closest to the con center(thats not tengu because apparently its bad)?

shinjiboy

Taking the lightrail isn't that bad.  You can get to J town in about 10 minutes.  I might show up for the meet as Shinra.  But don't put me down, I'm not sure yet...

Sunara Ishi

I do have a car but I won't be parked downtown (too expensive.) And there is no way I can fit everyone; perhaps 3-4 people besides myself. I'd rather not have to.
It would be better to go someplace that everyone can get to by either foot or lightrail.

Hey, we could lightrail to one of the malls that have sushi restaurants. Such as the Great Mall or Oakridge.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

DrMarukyuu

im liking the lightrail idea. that really increases our options!
also the nice thing about durarara cosplay is that noones dressed all that wierd, so we wont feel that bad about public transportation xD
i think great mall would be a good choice because we might be able to use the place for evn more photos if anyone wants them.

LastExile

Totally off-topic, but I got mah wig! : D

It was really, really long, so I basically had to butcher it. D:
But it looks okay now.
Before I butchered it, I looked pretty much like Graham Spector from Baccano. :/
But it's fixed now.

summerchristmas838

adfadsfGRAHAAAAM *w*

<<<(The only reason she's a Durarara fangirl is because of Baccano~)

DrMarukyuu

I've changed  the time to 11 because i was being stupid and forgot the final day ends at 12 XP
I'm really sorry if this inconveniences anyone.

LastExile

Quote from: summerchristmas838 on May 22, 2010, 05:13:19 PM
adfadsfGRAHAAAAM *w*

<<<(The only reason she's a Durarara fangirl is because of Baccano~)

Next year...
I am SO doing a Graham cosplay.

summerchristmas838

Chuu. Just because the convention's over doesn't mean we can't have a gathering afterwords.
(She's only saying this because she has band at 11).
Besides, don't the closing ceremonies START at two?

DrMarukyuu

Quote from: summerchristmas838 on May 22, 2010, 08:04:46 PM
Chuu. Just because the convention's over doesn't mean we can't have a gathering afterwords.
(She's only saying this because she has band at 11).
Besides, don't the closing ceremonies START at two?

ooh really? i guess ill switch back then,since my friend is doing a photoshoot somewhere in the morning and i dont want to miss that either