HITO, LOVE!! Durarara!! Gathering 2011

Started by DrMarukyuu, April 27, 2010, 08:17:33 PM

summerchristmas838

...actually, according to the schedule-thing that just went up, the closing ceremony starts at 3. So we could like take photos, go to that and then run around for sushi.
Or something stupid like that.

shinjiboy

<-- mad scientist on the Lightrail!  btw, greatmall takes about 40 mins to reach from downtown SJ.  Looking forward to the meet, but don't put me down ;)

hakurei

I might be jumping in at the last minute as Shinra, and my friend as Namie. Otherwise, we'll just be hanging around/stalking the photoshoot.  :)
tumblr | facebook
kiryuuin satsuki / wadanohara

DrMarukyuu

alright another shinra!and yay we didnt have a namie yet!
hope you can make it shinjiboy!!

summerchristmas838

so sorry... but..
doesn't anybody else feel like light-railing to the Great Mall is a bit far? Shouldn't we try and keep it simple?

Eboni ninja

Quote from: summerchristmas838 on May 24, 2010, 04:25:52 PM
so sorry... but..
doesn't anybody else feel like light-railing to the Great Mall is a bit far? Shouldn't we try and keep it simple?

I agree, we should do something closer to the con. I'm sure there are places closer, we just have to look.
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

Sunara Ishi

Yeah, Great mall is pretty far (in time) but Oakridge would be closer... 15min. But it would be ideal to find something near con; people wouldn't have to fork down money for lightrail that way.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

DrMarukyuu

sorry guys, i dont know anything about locations, even though i live in san jose >_<
i'd be glad to let someone else in charge of the sushi restaurant thing if anyone's willing to volunteer.

LastExile

Two of the closest Japanese restaurants are Rokko Japanese Cuisine and Fuji Sushi Restaurant.
They're only about 10 minute's walk from the convention center. :]

There's also Saigon Sushi which is about 20 minutes away.

Dunno if either of these are good. I just looked them up on Google maps.

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: LastExile on May 24, 2010, 08:35:09 PM
Two of the closest Japanese restaurants are Rokko Japanese Cuisine and Fuji Sushi Restaurant.
They're only about 10 minute's walk from the convention center. :]

There's also Saigon Sushi which is about 20 minutes away.

Dunno if either of these are good. I just looked them up on Google maps.

Rokko is kind of pricey though and there's a minimum you have to order up to. Its good but not for those who are tight on their budget. Small bowl of salad is about five bucks and I mean small >_<

Yumiko

AAhh, so I was right around the convention center this last weekend, and between the con and the 180 bus stop I know I passed at least 3 sushi places. My friend actually used to go to school a few blocks or so away from the con. I will call her up this evening and ask for her opinions on places :>

Alsssoooo~ I'm painting up the little extra details on my helmet now! Gotta touch up a few uneven sections and finish tinting my visor, but thought I might share a little sneak preview with you guys ;u;

http://i46.tinypic.com/9uoxaw.jpg

I don't even want to think of how much toxic material I have inhaled during this project ahaha.

summerchristmas838

Holy Roman Empire, Yumiko. That is epic.
I would never succeed in cosplaying Celty but I have this undying urge to try and make her helmet>.<.

Inai

Sorry I'm late to the party! My friend just directed me here and told me about the gathering...
I'll be in a Celty costume during the whole con, and I was wondering if it'd be ok to attend the gathering? My friend and I will be in AA for most of the con but I'm sure I'll be able to show up on Monday at 2. I'm borrowing my friend's motorcycle, but I don't think I'll still have it by then.

@Yumiko: Wow your helmet looks so good! I'm really impressed. I just finished mine last night, but yours looks amazing.

http://i48.tinypic.com/29ej804.jpg
I snapped a photo of my costume late last night after I finished. (excuse the funky reverse effect from the mirror and weird coloring from poor lighting)
Thankfully the sleeves and pant legs are not skin tight and the material is more matte than shiny.

Sunara Ishi

@Inai: Feel free to come to the gathering. X3
Both your cosplay and Yumiko's helmet look so good.

So I was thinking about something.
Should we open up the gathering to Baccano and other series by Ryohgo Narita?
Or mention that they are welcome?
Though I realize it is a bit late to consider that...

On a side note... if anyone wants to meet up, I will be in my Erika cosplay on friday. PM me if you do and we can exchange numbers or something. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 25, 2010, 12:07:05 AM
@Inai: Feel free to come to the gathering. X3
Both your cosplay and Yumiko's helmet look so good.

So I was thinking about something.
Should we open up the gathering to Baccano and other series by Ryohgo Narita?
Or mention that they are welcome?
Though I realize it is a bit late to consider that...

On a side note... if anyone wants to meet up, I will be in my Erika cosplay on friday. PM me if you do and we can exchange numbers or something. XD

I'll be there on Friday too since I'm staying on Thursday as well >.<
I don't mind meeting up. I'll be in my Izaya cosplay around 4 since I'll be changing out of my other costume to Izaya to attend the FLOW concert.

summerchristmas838

I'll be there right after school on Friday~ (is really excited for the FLOW concert)

Sunara Ishi

I'll pm you both my number. I will likely attend the Flow concert as well. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

LastExile

@Yumiko: That helmet is HOT.
Kudos to you for putting up with all those toxic materials. I can't stand 'em even for the hour that I am required to use them during art class. =P

@Inai: That costume is amazing! : D I can't wait to see you there! Plus, we needed another Celty to keep the Shizuo's under control.

Anyway, I won't be there Friday, unfortunately. >.< However, I will be in my Kida cosplay randomly during the weekend, and since I'm the only Kida cosplayer out there that I know of, it'll be easy to recognize me.
So, any of you, feel free to approach me at any point.
There's enough Masaomi Kida to go around~ ;]

DrMarukyuu

THOSE CELTY HELMETS ARE AWESOME
i always thought people that can make props like that are awesome!!

also, i think the idea of walking to one of the restaurants is good. im fine with whichever.

ughh you guys are lucky i cant go on friday because my stupid dance recital is on the same day D;;

bochero

Flow's show is on friday? I thought it was later, I guess I'll have to get over there a bit earlier then.
Pm'd the three of you.