HITO, LOVE!! Durarara!! Gathering 2011

Started by DrMarukyuu, April 27, 2010, 08:17:33 PM

LastExile

That episode was pucking AHMAYZING. 8D
Izaya deserved that punch. He deserved it so much.
I particularly loved the irony of him being punched into the gigantic LOVE sign.
You notice Simon didn't specify what KIND of complex it is. ;D ~
There HAS to be a second season. ;_;

LastExile

I just looked it up on a few sites.
They say that it's very likely that there's going to be a second season, since the DVD sales were very good in Japan and there's a ton of material to work on since the first season only covered 3 out of 7 of the light novels.
So, we can has Durarara!! : D

summerchristmas838

Yeah, yeah! Durarara is one of the bigger animes this year, so money-wise it would be intelligent to get sequel!
I heard Izaya becomes an even bigger douchebag as the series goes on, though.
Also, Celty fanservice XDD about time~.

LastExile

How could he possibly become a bigger douchebag?
... Then again, we are talking about Izaya.
For Izaya, further dickishness is always possible. Always.
I'm just sad that they saved Celty fanservice until the very end. ;P
Imagine what it'll be like once Celty has a face.

summerchristmas838

..but then it would just be normal fanservice. Celty fanservice is special because of her headlessness  ;)

LastExile

... But it'll be more special than normal fanservice because we will know that formerly she did not have a face.
So it'll have more sentimental value by the time she gets her head back. 8]

summerchristmas838

I'm leaving soon for vacation, but:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-03/aniplex-of-america-adds-durarara-anime
OH HELL YES ENGLISH DUB A YEAR AFTER IT WAS FIRST RELEASED? YEAH!

I would have liked Funi to have gotten it since they did such a fantastically awesome job on Baccano!, but who caares~.

LastExile

I JUST read that too!
*joy*

I'm also a little depressed that Funi didn't get it before Aniplex, but oh well.
So long as I can see more of Durarara, I'm good. x]

mirnamomo

I will try to go to this gathering next year as Celty.

jive

Might be less confusing for people if you just started a new thread for a Drrr!! 2011 gathering instead of just renaming 2010's thread.

Just saying. >>;

Edit: I'll be showing up as Shizuo if I can make the gathering.

DeadlyWings

Going as Shinra, or Mikado. Will update when I figure it out.

Lowell P

If I'm able to make it to Fanime next year, I'll be going as Kida-kun! ^^ Yellow Scarves Kida~!

RyuSan777

put me down for shinra please! ah! good to see there is one person cosplaying my headless wifey =]
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

BSaphire

Where did the organizer go that was handling this thread? Please post in here soon so I don't have to lock it.
Thank you
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

lylychee

Ahaha...going as Vorona if that's fine (so awkward being a novel-only character >_>) No idea if I can do Monday, but I hope to see you all~

summerchristmas838

Quote from: BSaphire on December 05, 2010, 01:33:01 PM
Where did the organizer go that was handling this thread? Please post in here soon so I don't have to lock it.
Thank you
B

ahh... if last year's organizer never shows up and this gets locked, it's fine to start a new one, right?

Kuudere

I think it would be wise to redo the thread and alert BSaphire of the change, since the organizer is MIA. That way we can start fresh. Anyway, looks like if all goes as planned, I will be doing Celty and having a couple friends as Izaya and Anri.

DrMarukyuu

I'm really sorry I've been gone from the thread. I don't think I can make it this year so I'd appreciate it if someone took over for me.

Kuudere

Quote from: DrMarukyuu on January 17, 2011, 08:37:52 PM
I'm really sorry I've been gone from the thread. I don't think I can make it this year so I'd appreciate it if someone took over for me.

Aww...Thank you for letting us know. Hope you do end up being able to come, though. Looks like you ran a great gathering last year.

Well, is anyone up for the leadership role? I don't mind leading the forum stuff if no one else is interested, but my costume will make talking impossible once the gathering takes place. It'd be preferable if we had someone who could direct the event with a loud outspoken personality.  ;D

Any takers?

summerchristmas838

Quote from: MeowDesu on January 17, 2011, 09:44:00 PM
Quote from: DrMarukyuu on January 17, 2011, 08:37:52 PM

Aww...Thank you for letting us know. Hope you do end up being able to come, though. Looks like you ran a great gathering last year.

Well, is anyone up for the leadership role? I don't mind leading the forum stuff if no one else is interested, but my costume will make talking impossible once the gathering takes place. It'd be preferable if we had someone who could direct the event with a loud outspoken personality.  ;D

Any takers?
asdjfl I was going to but like I'm normally a very quite person.
Then again I get really loud when it comes to conventions so who knows. Must be the air or something. <: