Entrance + Times to Pick up Badge

Started by milkychu, April 29, 2010, 12:35:50 PM

milkychu

Since Im new I was wondering what do they check when you enter the front doors? Do you just flash your badge at them and walk in or do you need another form of ID to get through?

And does anyone know what time will be group pick up badge? Because I know its Thursday, and My brother and I have work starting 2:30pm till 11:oopm im hoping its before then?
♥ FANIME 2010 PICTURES ♥
http://artemis6.deviantart.com/•
♥FANIME Lolita PANEL♥
http://www.youtube.com/user/connie4790◘

ewu

You register and get your badge and it will be checked at the entry of each event.

Thursday, reg will be open from 5PM till 8PM.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

milkychu

Im the leader of a group badge pick up, does the whole group have to be there or can I just pick them up myself?
♥ FANIME 2010 PICTURES ♥
♥FANIME Lolita PANEL♥

ewu

only the group leader needs to be there.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

milkychu

Can we also pick up the badges on Friday morning instead of Thursday? And what time does Fanime open on Friday? And are there free parking near fanime? Thank you!
♥ FANIME 2010 PICTURES ♥
♥FANIME Lolita PANEL♥

FanFicGuru

Quote from: milkychu on May 01, 2010, 04:26:41 PM
Can we also pick up the badges on Friday morning instead of Thursday? And what time does Fanime open on Friday? And are there free parking near fanime? Thank you!

Yes you can pick up on Friday instead of Thursday. Fanime opens at I believe 8 or 9 AM on Friday. There is no free parking near Fanime, there are some cheap lots however, but no in and out privileges. A lot of these questions can be answered on the FAQ btw. :-)
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

ewu

the reg hours are also posted on the main page
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jelly Soup

Will there be programs/schedules available at pick up or will they be available online ahead of time.

Quote from: ewu on April 29, 2010, 01:07:25 PM
....and it will be checked at the entry of each event.

Which is to say 'you just flash your badge at them and walk in'.

Angelx624

So for Day 0(Thursday) it's at 5-8PM? Works for me! Cause I have a final at noon on that day. xP
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Omega (Bad Batch)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Sheeta (Laputa)

Jelly Soup

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 10, 2010, 02:17:10 AM
So for Day 0(Thursday) it's at 5-8PM? Works for me! Cause I have a final at noon on that day. xP

Works out for a lot of people. Both hotels will be having their checkin around noon or so.

Dany

Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 19, 2010, 05:45:34 PM

Works out for a lot of people. Both hotels will be having their checkin around noon or so.

Depending on the hotel and the availability of the rooms. Many hotels will let you in around noon, but only if rooms are cleaned and available. I've had to wait until almost 2 PM for a room to open up before I could check in (listed available time was 3PM).
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Jelly Soup

Quote from: Dany on May 19, 2010, 08:34:33 PM
Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 19, 2010, 05:45:34 PM

Depending on the hotel and the availability of the rooms. Many hotels will let you in around noon, but only if rooms are cleaned and available. I've had to wait until almost 2 PM for a room to open up before I could check in (listed available time was 3PM).

*shrugs* I've never had an issue on Fanime weekend. There is no convention before us, so the only guests they have are Fanime people who came in the morning and general costumers who will more than likely be leaving around noon on Thursday.

Nephilim

Bleh... my bf's train gets here at 8:30 PM on Thursday, so we'll have to pick up our badges on Friday morning.
I was looking forward to the swap meet and empty arcade room! ;  ;

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

Jelly Soup

Quote from: Nephilim on May 20, 2010, 02:03:49 PM
Bleh... my bf's train gets here at 8:30 PM on Thursday, so we'll have to pick up our badges on Friday morning.
I was looking forward to the swap meet and empty arcade room! ;  ;

You might still be able to get in, if you get a piece of paper with your badge information on it. That's what I did last year, I was late and got the reg desk to give me a printout. The guy at e-gaming didn't have a problem with that.

Kyra_Maverick

Even those that don't have badges are free to shop the Thursday swap meet last time I checked.

Nephilim

Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 20, 2010, 02:15:21 PMYou might still be able to get in, if you get a piece of paper with your badge information on it. That's what I did last year, I was late and got the reg desk to give me a printout. The guy at e-gaming didn't have a problem with that.
Oooh, this gives me hope. We'll be rushing to the convention center as soon as I pick him up, and that's only a few blocks away.

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 20, 2010, 02:17:23 PM
Even those that don't have badges are free to shop the Thursday swap meet last time I checked.
:O
Sweet! Then the badge requirement I read about must have just been for the sellers.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

Angelx624

Well, I'm not staying in a hotel. Will be staying with my aunt in Santa Cruz. :3

And turns out I don't have a final on Thursday. :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Omega (Bad Batch)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Sheeta (Laputa)