COSPLAY COMMISSIONS open for Fanime! I do Corsets!

Started by Starherd, April 29, 2010, 11:09:29 PM

Starherd

Hello!

I'm a seamstress-for-hire and jewelry-maker, and am in need of customers, so if you need a costume for Fanime (or any other time), please contact me!  I'm based in Colorado (if you're within driving distance I'll come do fittings personally - can do at con too, if I'm able to go) and I do everything from bathing suits to ballgowns and more.  I do corsets with steel stays too!  Working on Kingdom Hearts Organization XIII robes (and bathrobes) as pre-made sale items at the moment...

Please don't hesitate to contact me - I'm open to lay-away, trades, and other forms of haggling, too!

References:
Art References
More Art References

(I didn't take the photo, but that's me, and I made the outfit.  ^_^; )
That's a $325 costume, wig, props, jewelry, and shipping included.
(The cost would be significantly higher if the gold designs were appliqué or embroidery instead of painted on.)

I make excellent $160 Vash coats!

You can see more of the cosplays I've made in this directory:
http://www.starshepherd.com/graphics/cos/

The above mentioned prices do not include shipping.

PM or contact me at ssc at starshepherd dot com
-Starherd

P.S. I need measurements, discussion of specifics, and half the payment down to start, and about six weeks in order to schedule in a commission.  Due to the nature of what I do (with materials costs, etc.), I can't do refunds at all*, so be sure what you want before paying.  :)  I do my best to make sure you get exactly what you'd like, or as close to it as is possible.

* = The only exception I can make is if something happens to the costume before it can be sent to you, or if something happens here such that I can't finish it.

P.P.S. I can make armor using craft foam over a wire mesh frame, but only pieces.  As it turns out, I don't have the space to safely do an entire suit of armor at this time.
I Do Cosplay Commissions - PM Me!

Remember to smell good for every con. ZOMG Smells
The right scent can really complete your outfit!

STFU Studios thanks everyone who came by in the AA! See you soon!

Velveteen Rabbit

Oh my goodness! You are extremely talented! Good luck in your business!

Starherd

Thanks very much!

So far I've had only one taker - I can still probably do one more costume in time for Fanime if anyone needs!

Avairrianna

Will you be bringing and steel stay corsets to Fanime with you?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Starherd

Quote from: Avairrianna on May 21, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Alas, I am just starting out with sewing for a living (I've done it for years, but am now making a business of it).  As such, I currently have no funds to stock anything that's not specifically needed for a commission, so I have no steel stays at all (and won't until someone orders something that requires them).

I can take measurements and commissions at the con, though.  And I can point you to a good online vendor for stays if need be.  (Not sure just what you're looking for  ^_^;  )

-Starherd

kohana ichibana

I'm soo tempted to order from you!!!! >< I cannot find a good cosplay outfit of some characters I've been wanting to cosplay. Sigh, right now I has no monies though.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Boba

Add my @live.com email on Faceboooook! 0:

BonjourHoney

Well damn if I'd seen your thread earlier I would have definitely commissioned something. xD

I'll PM you anyway. Definitely interested in future projects. =)
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

kayra

Can I get a quote on a Seras Victoria outfit? I'd only need the shirt and skirt
Yeah toast.

Cybermisadventures

Hey! I know this topic is super old and I don't know if you still do commissions, but I am in need of one~ please don't hesitate to email me or send me a note on devaintART.
EarlGreyXX.deviantart.com
CyberMisadventures.deviantart.com
TheOtherWorldsComics.deviantart.com

Starherd

Starherd

Quote from: Jonathan on December 15, 2010, 02:07:38 AM

I currently have no funds to stock anything that's not specifically needed for a commission, so I have no steel stays at all (and won't until someone orders something that requires them).

I can take measurements and commissions at and before the con, however.  Corsets are really something that should be individually fit to each person.

If you're in the Bay Area in CA, Colorado Springs in CO, or anywhere along rt.s 70 or 80 in between, I'll actually be travelling that way this weekend and could take measurements (or make a "tape tape dummy" of your torso) if you like.

-Starherd

Poof-Aro

How much do your corsets run on average? I need two for a couple cosplays for fanime.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

Starherd

Quote from: Ghetto Kitsune on December 24, 2010, 03:13:58 AM
How much do your corsets run on average? I need two for a couple cosplays for fanime.

Just to make sure it goes through/everybody can see:
Corsets run $80-$100 to start depending on size for a basic twill, usually black or white.  Exterior designs (a different material on the outside, straps and buckles, etc.) add to the price; all depends on what you choose.  :)

ispyangie

The links don't work for me. ): I'm in dire need of a corset!
Tweet @ispyangie

Starherd

Quote from: ispyangie on January 18, 2011, 09:35:42 PM
The links don't work for me. ): I'm in dire need of a corset!

*facepalm* oh goodness thanks for pointing that out!  My website changed!  I'll go fix those right away!

Edit: Fixed!   ;D

ispyangie

You're welcome! I might not be looking hard enough, but do you have any examples of your corsets? :)
Tweet @ispyangie

Starherd

Quote from: ispyangie on January 18, 2011, 09:50:47 PM
You're welcome! I might not be looking hard enough, but do you have any examples of your corsets? :)

I've sadly not had the chance to get pictures of most of those I've made.  -_-;  If you look through the pictures of the Caterina cosplay at
http://www.starshepherd.com/graphics/cos/TrinityBlood/Caterina/
you'll see my first from a few angles.  I've since learned better how to do the bust style as shown specifically in the artbook artwork, however.  (I'm actually interested in doing bras, as I seem know a lot of people who have trouble getting the size they need comfortably.  Same concept.)  I can vouch that that one was comfortable to wear all day.  It didn't have a busk in the front (as per the character design), and laced in the back; exterior was silk brocade.

I haven't done many, but given past success am enthused to do more. 

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: Starherd on January 18, 2011, 10:02:48 PM
Quote from: ispyangie on January 18, 2011, 09:50:47 PM

I've sadly not had the chance to get pictures of most of those I've made.  -_-;  If you look through the pictures of the Caterina cosplay at
you'll see my first from a few angles.  I've since learned better how to do the bust style as shown specifically in the artbook artwork, however.  (I'm actually interested in doing bras, as I seem know a lot of people who have trouble getting the size they need comfortably.  Same concept.)  I can vouch that that one was comfortable to wear all day.  It didn't have a busk in the front (as per the character design), and laced in the back; exterior was silk brocade.

I haven't done many, but given past success am enthused to do more. 

That costume in the link is absolutely stunning~! What type of material do you use to make your corsets?
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

Starherd

Quote from: Wolftale on February 18, 2011, 06:38:57 PM
Quote from: Starherd on January 18, 2011, 10:02:48 PM

That costume in the link is absolutely stunning~! What type of material do you use to make your corsets?

Thank you!  :)
I use cotton twill for the interior, since that's a good sturdy material that's still soft, and I vastly prefer to use steel stays for the boning.   ^_^  But I can put any material at all on the exterior for looks.