Going it alone

Started by EvilBunnyKid, May 01, 2010, 12:29:05 PM

EvilBunnyKid

I belive that I will be going to FANIME this year alone.  Anyone want to join up and do something or just walk around with someone? ???

michiko nakano

oh boy, another thread like this... run, kid, or the trolls will flame you. 

You'll soon find out that at fanime, you can pretty much walk up to anyone and be their friend.  Its unique atmosphere lends to quick comradery, random adventures and lots of jolly good times.  You'll have no problem making friends once you're there, so just bring your smile and you'll be all set. 

Getting started on the forums is a good idea though, head over to the forum games and start posting around, and you'll get to know people.  I'll see you there! 

LordKefka

It would be kinda awkward to just ask if someone can be your walk-around buddy especially when you haven't really offered any information about yourself. Go around and check things out and you'll eventually meet new people. I mean, it is an anime con where pretty much people have the same interest with each other in one way or another. Shouldn't be hard to just spark a conversation and go from there.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

HarpB

what's wrong with just walking by yourself? o.O

kgHapa

Hit me up! Im always down to kick it with randoms =D

Barnes

Quote from: daiphyer.com on May 01, 2010, 10:17:09 PM
what's wrong with just walking by yourself? o.O

Might get lonely...or dangerous. Just saying.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

HarpB

I see.
Well, if bunny need some company, I be happy to hang out with the bunny. I be sure to carry some of those small carrots in case the bunny gets hungry.

Mizuki

Quote from: michiko nakano on May 01, 2010, 01:58:45 PM
oh boy, another thread like this... run, kid, or the trolls will flame you. 

Quit it.

Anyways, it's not too hard to find someone random to talk to, if you like games, just visit e-gaming, most people randomly playing don't mind talking from what I've experienced when I first went to Fanime.

Mi Feng

You could go to events to meet up new people. Chances are someone else will be lonely as well.

-Panels, masquerade, concerts
Don't sit/stand where it looks empty. Find a seat next to someone you are willing to talk too. But always ask if the seat is taken first. Just don't talk during the panel. XD

-Dances/Black and White Ball

-Gaming room
Start a conversation with a gamer (if he's not engaged in gameplay of course)

-Cosplay events
Even if your not cosplaying from the series, you could take pictures and maybe spark a conversation with an another photographer or cosplayer (eg "I see you like  [insert anime/game title]!")

-Halls/Tables
Last year there was no place to sit for me to eat my lunch so I just asked a random group of people if I could sit with them, they were a very friendly and interesting bunch. ^^

Remember hygiene plz! Good Luck. :)

Jerry

the easiest thing to do is surf around these boards and get a sense of a person you can honestly connect with, as michi and the others have stated its very easy and yet complicated to make new friends before going to a semi big convention like this.

try looking at the forum games & meetings + gathering threads--- get a sense of who to be-friend and who you may be cautious around.

im surprised that you didnt have any friends locally to drag along to our amazing convention but please dont feel alone-

is there something in particular you wanted to check out at Fanime? find common ground and build rapport via PMs or making your own thread and take it slow from there. you still have 20+ days left til Con so thats plenty of time.

theres plenty of first time newcomers to Fanime this year so please stay upbeat, positive and get hype for Fanime!

if you have any questions- post them here and all the cool peeps will continue giving you advice.

Hype hype! all the best for your first time adventures at Fanime! :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

EvilBunnyKid

Hey!  Thanx for all the replies. Didnt really expect so many!  :P  Im no noob to Fanime though.  This will be my 7th? yr going I belive?  I go to all the events and this yr Im going to be a PA for one of the GOH's!!  (guest of honors).  I get to follow him around and get all the perks!  (free food, backstage passes, front of line cut, and more)  I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to hangout on my free time since my Best Friend isnt coming?  :P   

THINGS I LIKE
Cosplayers (gatherings, taking photos, ext.)
Dealers Room (buying, looking, buying.)
Artist Ally (mostly looking and getting ideas)
Swap Meet (swap)
Pannels (anything, kinda)
AMVS (awsome)
Viewing Rooms (anime, live, and midnight)

*note*  Dont like Carrots.  :P

HarpB

*bites the carrots* More for me. *enter the evil laugh of your avy here*
so... If I am with you, do I get to nimble on your perks?

rude32

I'm down to chill anytime. Always awesome to meet new people.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

HarpB

awww. kitty make me don't wanna go alone either. kawaii

estrella322

Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on May 06, 2010, 09:40:30 AM
THINGS I LIKE
Swap Meet (swap)
AMVS (awsome)

I'll be going it alone, too! Maybe we can meet up? Our interests line up pretty well (especially the Dealer's Room - *looks at a soon to be empty wallet*). It will be my first time at Fanime, so I could really benefit from your experience! Hope this isn't too creepy 0_o...

Guess I'll be hitting the ol' dusty trail...

EvilBunnyKid

Quote from: estrella322 on May 15, 2010, 11:24:47 PM
Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on May 06, 2010, 09:40:30 AM
THINGS I LIKE
Swap Meet (swap)
AMVS (awsome)

I'll be going it alone, too! Maybe we can meet up? Our interests line up pretty well (especially the Dealer's Room - *looks at a soon to be empty wallet*). It will be my first time at Fanime, so I could really benefit from your experience! Hope this isn't too creepy 0_o...

Guess I'll be hitting the ol' dusty trail...

That would be awsome!  We can help eachother from selling our pants for anime.  I remember my first FANIME.  *sigh*  It was awsome and I went with my anime club (that I was president and founder of).  :P

Email me and ill email you to see about meeting.  :P

Brutal

Aww I wouldn't mind coming with unless you did mind.
Some of my friends arent going and I think I might be going alone too :I
Besides I wanna meet some new people >  3<;;

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

leslie

This is my first fanime con so I'm down to hang out with you and anyone else who feels like showing a newbie the ropes. What days are you going? (Question is open to everyone) ;D
"Vodka means water in Russian, you know."

Brutal

^ I'm going full weekend  :D
how about you?

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku