What's some popular/awesome Anime?

Started by sonyatheunicorn, May 06, 2010, 10:27:39 AM

sonyatheunicorn

So I'm too busy having a blast from the past and I need to know what are the most hip & new anime's that are being watched as of now.
You can include some of your favorites as well (:

Just havent watched alot of anime and I need to tune up for Fanime this year so post away!

kamisamabunny

ai yori aoshi- basic "sudden girlfriend" romance
dn angel- "magical" boy (no he's not gay, just a matter of a transformin boy)
gravitation- boy lovin, and music!
kyo kara maoh- crazy, otherworld visiting goodness (warning, there is some guy luv, but nothing "graphic" seriously, not even a kiss!)
narue no sekai- first episode's title: my girlfriend is an alien! (enough said) very cute stuff
paranoia agent (or paprika)-crazy what the hell did i just take?! type stuff
rozen maiden- when porcelain dolls come to life~! *buwahahahahahaa *
scrapped princess- medieval type stuff with magic mixed in, and a bratty 15 almost 16 year old. :D

there's like a good week of anime (lols.jk)
let me know how you liked them (if you could find them)
All I want is "you", whoever you turn out to be <3

sonyatheunicorn

Quote from: kamisamabunny on May 06, 2010, 12:32:08 PM
kyo kara maoh- crazy, otherworld visiting goodness (warning, there is some guy luv, but nothing "graphic" seriously, not even a kiss!)
narue no sekai- first episode's title: my girlfriend is an alien! (enough said) very cute stuff
scrapped princess- medieval type stuff with magic mixed in, and a bratty 15 almost 16 year old. :D

Haha I know half of those xD  but I need to watch the others you recommended (:

bentoboxbobby

Besides Rozen Maiden, Shana is good too right?  ;D

Bobby
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

PyronIkari

Quote from: kamisamabunny on May 06, 2010, 12:32:08 PM

I don't see how any of these are hip and new, and being watched as of now. Most of these are from the early 2000s at that.

Kefka might have a fit seeing that this should have gone into the recommendations thread. But anyways...

Durarara which is still currently running is probably the best series that has hit the airwaves in a long while.
BakaTest which ended last season is one of the funniest series in a long while.
Arakawa Under the Bridge is Shaft's latest series, which is hilarious, but it's very inside understanding. You can laugh at the slapstick, but there's intricate jokes through out it, that if you don't get, will really weaken the series as a whole.
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi/Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood is still currently airing, and this is the final season. Godly compared the first TV series run.
K-ON S2 is currently running, and is more of what you'd expect from K-ON S1
Angel Beats, currently running, is a series which many are viewing and accepting as different things according to person. Some see it as a philosophical piece, while others see it as a straight comedy. The gist of it is, a guy wakes up, people tell him he's dead, and in this world people are fighting against an "angel" as proof of their existence, while many others conformed to the world and had disappeared. He lost his memories and he's trying to figure out what he wants to do in this new world.
Gintama finally ended last season, with promises of a new season soon... movie premiered last week. The most overall encompassing series ever. It's mostly comedy, but the serious plots are actually incredibly well written, and the action is pretty top knotch. ;_; it aired for 4 years.
Higashi no Eden which finished up last year with 1 movie released a few months ago, and the second on its way. It pretty much won best anime of 2009
Summer Wars, a movie that was released a few months ago, which won pretty much every award for best animated movie recently. I watched it a few weeks ago. It thoroughly impressed me.

So many more... but I head home from work now.

Stythys

"We should not be less than what we are."

bentoboxbobby

A lot of people are getting into Black Butler and Pandora Hearts is getting extremely popular, not to mention Hatsune Miku as the top icon.

Thanks
Bobby
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

Stythys

the beginning of pandora hearts was awesome.. unique back story and nice characters... didn't play out well, though. It lost momentum and the ending was really underwhelming.
"We should not be less than what we are."

LastExile

Durarara!! for sure (it's amazing), Axis Powers: Hetalia or Hetalia: Axis Powers (they're both the same thing).
Also, Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler), which is definitely getting popular and has been recently taken in by Funimation. I'd recommend you watch it before it gets dubbed.
Pandora Hearts is... okay. In the beginning it's good.
Also, I don't know if you'd count this as being very new since it's already been dubbed and whatnot, but Soul Eater is a must-see.
A lesser-known but slightly older anime is Baccano, which was made by the same people making Durarara.
It is a bit older though, so I dunno if you'd count it. But it's amazing, and definitely didn't get and still hasn't gotten the popularity it really and truly deserves.

c2chaos

Working!! is a pretty funny series, and it's still running.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

koji

No love for Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou? Fanservice and amusing absurdities galore.