2nd Annual "Find Me @ FanimeCon and Win Free Stuff!" Game

Started by heeroyuy135, May 10, 2010, 01:00:00 AM

heeroyuy135

I have also created a permanent page on the blog here, and it will contain these same rules as well as pictures of the winners.

You can also find the same thread on Cosplay.com here.

Plz note: this "contest" is in no way afflicted with any FanimeCon event. This is being done on my own time with my own money.

Welcome to the 2nd annual "Find Me @ FanimeCon and Win Free Stuff!" game!
The game is simple: you find me at FanimeCon, you win a prize!

This is how you play:
1) Go to either of my Twitter pages and follow! Don't have a Twitter account? MAKE ONE!
2) During FanimeCon, I will be Tweeting at the con as part of my coverage alongside my blog. I will also be announcing times in which to find me. I might Tweet "First one to find me in the Dealers Room wins a CD" then follow up with a clue like "Pizza Butt" (meaning I'm at the Bandai booth). If you're the first one to find me, you win!
3) Prizes may vary, from plushies to CDs to quarters already inside an arcade machine. You never know what I might pull out.
4a) Friday's giveaway is restricted to people who did not win last year, meaning if you won last year you're not eligible for that day's giveaway.
4b) Saturday and Sunday is a free-for-all like last year.
4c) I will not be doing the contest on Monday as me and Ryan will be raffling off prizes at the SoCal Host Club Info Panel.
5) ???
6) Profit!
7) Enjoy the game!

Snorcat

Alright, sounds fun ^^

Made a twitter account, have no idea how to use it, but clicked follow on the first link xD

I don't have internet on my phone, however, do tweets come in the form of a text message?
And does it cost anything? (I've got unlimited texting)

If all above goes well, how do I get the tweets to go to my phone? ???

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to take part in this, it seems worthwhile and fun  :D

Snorcat

Got it, thanks xD

And it doesn't cost anything?
(besides the usual monthly fee for my unlimited texting)

heeroyuy135

Snorcat

Mkay. So how are we going to know who to look for? Or is that part of the game itself? I guess I'm asking if there will be hints or anything.

heeroyuy135

Snorcat

Great, thanks for answering all of my questions ^^ Hope you get a lot of people signing up!

heeroyuy135

Announcing the prizes that I will be giving away this year!

Good luck to those entering at the convention!

EJAY420

this sounds like fun! I'm glad u came up with this idea! i like it!!
Most Impressive.

heeroyuy135

Wow...I had no winners over the weekend. I had dual prizes to give away on Friday and that rolled over to Saturday, so eventually I just gave it away to someone who could identify me in cosplay while waiting for the FLOW autographs.

I was very surprised that I had no winners over the weekend despite having success in 2009, my first year. I tried to give out clues on Friday, but after no one else showed up then I just told everyone who I was cosplaying and have them find me for the rest of the weekend, and even then no one found me.

What went wrong? What I can do to improve this? 

Somebody

Wow really?
To be honest the biggest reason I didn't play was I don't have texting and all that so I can't follow Twitter.
I don't think it would have been as hard for me I saw you everywhere xP
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

heeroyuy135

And even then, I was really being relaxed in terms of choosing my winners...you didn't even have to show me the tweet, just tell me you knew about the contest would of been perfect enough.