Question about the contact lens vendor

Started by nakedsnake, May 10, 2010, 08:53:59 AM

nakedsnake

I remember seeing a contact lens vendor last year, but didn't really stop to look. Doe's anybody know if the contacts they sold were prescription contacts, or non-prescription?
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Dany

Quote from: nakedsnake on May 10, 2010, 08:53:59 AM
I remember seeing a contact lens vendor last year, but didn't really stop to look. Doe's anybody know if the contacts they sold were prescription contacts, or non-prescription?

By technicality, ALL contact lenses sold in the US require a prescription from a doctor. It's federal law.

Folks you see selling even non-prescription costume lenses at a convention kind of do so at the risk of being told to cease and desist. As a result, the vendor selling last year may not be the seller doing so this year...even if they were selling an hour ago could not be doing so an hour later because they were asked to stop.

And to address your question a little more specifically..I think you're asking if they sell corrective or not. The answer is usually not, and in fact, I've yet to see a convention vendor have powered/corrective lenses in stock.

2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

frumpy

The vendor you speak of is "The Contact Lens Company" - http://www.exoticlenses.com/

They are supposedly FDA approved and will not accept orders w/o valid prescriptions. The lens on their site are for 20/20 vision, you can try emailing them to see if they can handle our prescription.

And yes, they WILL be returning to FanimeCon!
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99