GAINAX on Dealers List

Started by jimsha, May 10, 2010, 01:14:01 PM

jimsha

Hi everyone who decided to read this!

Pretty new here on the boards as you can tell; never been to Fanime. orz But I did notice that Gainax is listed on the Dealers List (it was also on the list last year).

My question is, is it an actual Gainax booth with actual merchandise for sale, or is it just where Gainax holds like autograph sessions and stuff? What happens at the Gainax booth/table?

While it would be cool to meet some of the Gainax peops, I'm not sure that I'd be able to go all the way up there for that (especially since some of them made it to AX last year). What I'm really interested in is merch from some of my fave (older) series. It'd be cool if they had exclusive items and whatnot. (No Gainax booth at AX. T_T *ducks as people throw things for mentioning another con*)

Thanks!
Find me on Facebook! It's where I upload all my con photos and it has links to all my other accounts (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
http://www.facebook.com/cosplaystalker
If you'd like to add me, please let me know who you are and where you found me! ^_^

ewu

I don't think Gainax will have a booth anymore. The listing will probably be taken off soon.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

jimsha

T_T Seriously? Why? Isn't Yamaga-sensei a major part of Fanime? What was the booth like last year?

Hmm, good thing I haven't booked anything yet.... :/
Find me on Facebook! It's where I upload all my con photos and it has links to all my other accounts (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
If you'd like to add me, please let me know who you are and where you found me! ^_^

ewu

As far as I know, Gainax will be here @ fanime, but they will not be having a booth in the dealers room.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

jimsha

Quote from: ewu on May 10, 2010, 04:37:21 PM
As far as I know, Gainax will be here @ fanime, but they will not be having a booth in the dealers room.
T_T

LordKefka

That is kind of a bummer...
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

jimsha

Quote from: LordKefka on May 11, 2010, 10:56:38 AM
That is kind of a bummer...
I know!

Looks like it's official; it's gone from the list now....

Tony

We have a very special and unique relationship with GAINAX and Yamaga-san. GAINAX will certainly have a presence at the convention, and Yamaga-san in particular will be coming.

Because of that special and unique relationship, we usually have a space on reserve each year for GAINAX. Sometimes they will use it, and sometimes they'll give it to a friend. They probably just converted the booth for someone else.

They're cool like that.  ;D

I'm totally going off of my shoddy memory here, but I seem to recall that they're known to hang out at their - or their friend's - booth to some extent. I do think they have done autograph sessions and sold merch there in the past. But I'm totally going off my shoddy memory here.

If you're a big GAINAX fan, check out their many panels, and keep an eye out for tickets to the Yamaga Party!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

jimsha

I'm glad to hear that they're nice folks over there at Gainax! ^^ It's always disappointing if your heroes turn out to be tools.

I do enjoy me some Gainax, but I've never been much of an autograph hound, unfortunately. Or fortunately, since it's saved me countless hours of waiting in lines. ;) I'm pretty shy anyway, so me meeting any of these guys/gals would just be me stuttering hello, which means I'm pretty much going to be all about the merch. XD (Your swap meet looks to be pretty epic, BTW -- that plus some exclusive Gainax merch would've gotten me to drive the 14 hours to get there.)

Well, maybe next year! Tell 'em to bring some Gunbuster (the original) stuffs, that's my favorite series ever! ;) (And while you're at it, ask them about that last episode of Mahoromatic. That would be my 2nd favorite if it weren't for that episode, lol.)