FLOW at Fanimecon '10 MusicFest

Started by Acid_Android, May 14, 2010, 06:46:00 AM

tsumiyuuki

Will there be FLOW merchandise for us to purchase on Friday or Saturday?
And also will we be allowed to take pictures with them during the autograph session ?

solipoo

as long as i have a fanime badge, i can go to the FLOW concert, right?
i don't have to like line up to get tickets or something? because i remember a few years ago, i think it was ancafe, there was this HUGE line to get tickets or something to see the concert.

Acid_Android

Quote from: solipoo on May 24, 2010, 10:39:49 PM
as long as i have a fanime badge, i can go to the FLOW concert, right?
i don't have to like line up to get tickets or something? because i remember a few years ago, i think it was ancafe, there was this HUGE line to get tickets or something to see the concert.

All you need is your badge.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

jemz

Quote from: chifunii on May 24, 2010, 07:55:59 PM
o-o;;
w-wait. MusicFest shirts = FLOW shirts?
I remember for An Cafe they had their own tour shirts with FanimeCon listed as one of the dates.
But since FLOW is coming here specially (and not on tour), does that mean they won't have their own exclusive tees? :(

MusicFest shirts are the MusicFest shirts (they have our Musical Guests on the back). We aren't a part of FLOW's concert tour like we were for An Cafe's World Tour, so that would be a "no" on the exclusive tee.

However, I do think our first ever MusicFest t-shirts are pretty awesome. :D We have a limited number of them so be sure to get yours before we run out. Once they are gone, they are gone!

Quote from: tsumiyuuki on May 24, 2010, 08:17:34 PM
Will there be FLOW merchandise for us to purchase on Friday or Saturday?
And also will we be allowed to take pictures with them during the autograph session ?

As far as I know, there won't be any FLOW merchandise at the concert or the sessions but you can definitely check out JPopHouse in the Dealers' Hall for some.

You may take pictures during the Q&A and the Autograph sessions for FLOW.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

heeroyuy135

My advice is if you really want some FLOW merchandise beforehand and want to play it safe, try SF Japantown.

mariotheotaku

are we gonna be able to enter and leave the concert as we pleased? just asking since I want to do an activity during the concert then come back if there is any time left.

AthenaAngie

Quote from: Acid_Android on May 23, 2010, 09:34:44 PM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 23, 2010, 09:14:19 PM
The Info Desk will list when the FLOW autograph session is from what I read in the schedule, right?

I'll write it here anyway xD

FLOW Autograph Session
Hilton San Carlos
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Start: 2:30 p.m.

Is the San Carlos Room beside Santa Clara or are they the same room? =o I'm a little confused since the San Carlos room isn't labeled in the map thingy given out by fanimecon x.x Or I might have missed it?

urchindi

Are the doors going to close at 7pm?  Or can I still go in after 7?  I'm not sure if I can make it in time.  Is there going to be limited seating, or will it be big enough for most attendees to get in?

jemz

Quote from: mariotheotaku on May 25, 2010, 12:28:34 PM
are we gonna be able to enter and leave the concert as we pleased? just asking since I want to do an activity during the concert then come back if there is any time left.

Yes, you can leave and come back.

Quote from: AthenaAngie on May 25, 2010, 01:34:17 PM
Is the San Carlos Room beside Santa Clara or are they the same room? =o I'm a little confused since the San Carlos room isn't labeled in the map thingy given out by fanimecon x.x Or I might have missed it?

The San Carlos is next to the Santa Clara. San Carlos is where the Autographs will be held and you start lining up for them in the Santa Clara room. This is done so there isn't a huge milling crowd blocking the hallways in case of emergencies.

Quote from: urchindi on May 26, 2010, 12:47:37 AM
Are the doors going to close at 7pm?  Or can I still go in after 7?  I'm not sure if I can make it in time.  Is there going to be limited seating, or will it be big enough for most attendees to get in?

The concert starts at 7pm and the doors will still be open to all those who hear the awesome music and want to check it out or for those who will be late.

There should be enough seating for everyone. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

mariotheotaku

tsumiyuuki

What time does the Q&A start? And is it in the same room as the autograph session or is it somewhere else?

ayame_nguyen

will there be stuff for FLOW to sign or do we have to bring our own stuff?

BrightHeart76

The concert was AMAZING!!!  I am still deaf in one ear and it was a price I was happy to pay.  I can't say I've ever had so much fun at a concert.  Thank you again for brining such a great band to Fanime.   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

kyochan

The concert was zomg amazing! Fanime has yet to disappoint me in GOH's because every year, there is always that one great band that just rocks the house! Keep up the great work Fanime!
Mah dead branches will pwn joo! >=D<br /> - Kyochan

SaiQ

FLOW concert was amazing!

They played all their Anime music and even did Beach Boy's "Surfin' USA".

I attended their Q.A. and autograph session. It was a hour and fifteen mins long wait, but it was definitely worth it!

I hope FLOW shows up in future Fanimes!

chifunii

please please please please please please please

for real

please invite them back!

It was AMAZING. I've never been so satisfied at Fanime before...The staff really pulled off some great feats this year. Pretty darn sure we beat out AX this year (XD jpjp, don't wanna create any ill will here.)

All I see in my dreams are FLOW and LM.C
I'm pretty sure it's a sign of awesomeness.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

ayame_nguyen

Quote from: chifunii on May 31, 2010, 12:15:23 AM
please please please please please please please

for real

please invite them back!

It was AMAZING. I've never been so satisfied at Fanime before...The staff really pulled off some great feats this year. Pretty darn sure we beat out AX this year (XD jpjp, don't wanna create any ill will here.)

i agree! flow should totally come back again next year. they were so awesome<3

TC X0 Lt 0X

I must say I was left unsatisfied by the FLOW Concert.
It wasn't the band. Oh no, they where fantastic. There equipment was not set quite right it seemed as there was quite a bit feedback, but it was nonetheless great.
What I am disappointed about is the audience. It was pretty dead past the front part of the front row and a few patches here and there. I was at the back of the front row and it was only me and my buddy with are hands up in the air trying to rock out and have a good time. Then there was like 7 guys to my left with there arms crossed, just starring out at the stage. Not even a smile or anything. Later when I moved up to the balcony at the end, I could only see roughly 1/4 of the audience being active.
Me and my buddy feel that most of the audience was quite disrespectful to the band and am deeply saddened. I was surprised that they even came out for a encore for that audience, or even that the audience called for one.

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I just one with unusually high standards? =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 28, 2010, 11:42:24 PM
The concert was AMAZING!!!  I am still deaf in one ear and it was a price I was happy to pay.  I can't say I've ever had so much fun at a concert.  Thank you again for brining such a great band to Fanime.   ;D

Lulz my buddies ear got all swollen up after the concert =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

chifunii

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on June 01, 2010, 10:21:47 PM
I must say I was left unsatisfied by the FLOW Concert.
It wasn't the band. Oh no, they where fantastic. There equipment was not set quite right it seemed as there was quite a bit feedback, but it was nonetheless great.
What I am disappointed about is the audience. It was pretty dead past the front part of the front row and a few patches here and there. I was at the back of the front row and it was only me and my buddy with are hands up in the air trying to rock out and have a good time. Then there was like 7 guys to my left with there arms crossed, just starring out at the stage. Not even a smile or anything. Later when I moved up to the balcony at the end, I could only see roughly 1/4 of the audience being active.
Me and my buddy feel that most of the audience was quite disrespectful to the band and am deeply saddened. I was surprised that they even came out for a encore for that audience, or even that the audience called for one.

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I just one with unusually high standards? =P

I think...it was the chairs. I'd like to pin the  blame on the chairs because that's how I am.
Usually if it's a mosh pit (oh the danger), the energy is usually higher. The chairs set everyone so far apart from everyone else, it was...awkward.

Or maybe...because the people that went didn't know how to react at a live? The LM.C fans knew exactly how insane/fangirly (for lack of more exciting words) they needed to be. They're big fans so they've practiced the songs, and knew the dances.

LM.C fans also had the advantage of being notified earlier of their appearance.
FLOW fans didn't have a CLUE until a little less than a month before Fanime actually started...

I was there near the front, and even then I could feel that people were just standing there. I feel a little bad for FLOW...since from the stage they must've seen the stoic...solid...statueness that is America.

TBH, if I could do it again (go to their live and rock to it), I'd be looser about it...

There were probably lots of contributing factors to the non-moving-ness, but I know for a fact that it wasn't FLOW's fault. They were AMAZING. AMAAZZINNGG.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-