Anime Sparknotes

Started by venka21, May 14, 2010, 05:37:42 PM

venka21

Heres a question for people?

If someone were to make a Sparknotes thing for anime, would that be a good idea or not?
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

koji

What purpose would it serve?

c2chaos

Sparknotes for anime...a so-so idea. It would be good for reviewing for trivia games or finding out which episodes of specific series are fillers, but I don't see much other use than that. Anime is what it is because it's animated and voiced; summarize the script in details and you've got a novel or a novella, and then, that leads to novel/novella vs manga. I think most anime fans would go with manga.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Somebody

Wouldn't Sparknotes for anime be something similar to Wikia/wikipedia for anime?
I don't see a whole lot of different honestly. -.-'
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

venka21

Spark notes is a bit more indepth and analytical, but yes your right it is more or less something like Wikia.org

I have started a Wikia page called Sakura Memo's that I'm hoping will become like an anime/manga version of Sparknotes.
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

ELDEMONIO

I don't want to sound dumb but....What are spark notes?>.>

CaptainYossarian

Actually, this sounds kind of cool--the beginnings of a real collection of Anime scholarship in English. Do you have a link, I can probably help with a few things?

My advice is start small--develop a basic infrastructure, than take a few sereis that people will actully be interested in--Cowboy Bebop would probably be a good place to start, becuse it's popular and you could actully do a good job with it--and do a really good job with them. It would lend the project some much needed legitimacy. If you can get the project off the ground, like any good wiki it'll grow itself. It'll be a pretty big time investment at first, but it'll be well worth it. 

"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

venka21

I set the site up half a week ago and don't have much on it at the moment. The anime list is still a bit of a jumble which I am slowly working on along with finals. But I set the site up for people to do things as they will with it. So here's the site URL anyway.
http://sakuramemos.wikia.com/wiki/Sakura_Memos_Wiki

shy-cosplayer

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 17, 2010, 02:08:03 PM

Sparknotes is basically a website that takes books/novels, like ones you read at school [Shakespeare, The Things They Carried, Catcher in the Rye, etc], and it breaks it down, analyzing each chapter, themes, motifs, characters, etc. It's really useful if you're in high school ;D

jackiemarie90

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 17, 2010, 02:08:03 PM

If you didn't read a book for a class assignment you use sparknotes to help you cheat your way into a test or report! :P ha ha ha ha
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.