I have a question. (contacts, cat ears)

Started by OtoNoDestiny, May 14, 2010, 05:54:36 PM

OtoNoDestiny

its my frist time going to fanimecon and iwas wondering where the dealers room is and when it opens? also what are some things i can buy? i want to buy colored contacts and cat ears, could i possibly buy them there? ???
;D

michiko nakano

The dealer's room is near the middle of the con, and its entrance is near the hilton upstairs con entrance.  You'll have no trouble finding it.  Plus you'll get a map when you pick up your badge.  You can buy many things, and there will be a variety of cat ears there.  Accessories, books, cd's, dvd's, wall scrolls and posters, tshirts, other types of apparel, figurines, imported japanese foods such as pocky and ramune... basically all things otaku.  The prices are steep sometimes so save up as much as you can.  Most things are reasonably priced.  

There is a contacts dealer and he or she should be back this year.  However it is now illegal to sell contacts without a doctor's prescription, so because the dealer at fanime sells them without prescriptions he or she might be asked to leave.  Basically, if you see the dealer, buy contacts as fast as you can because he or she might get kicked out at any given moment.

does anyone want to link the op to some of the other threads that have info about the dealer's hall merchandise and contact lenses?  gotta run~

OtoNoDestiny

michiko nakano

my pleasure  ;) troll around on the forums a little and look for threads related to your questions.  you could also watch fanime fanvids on youtube and try to catch glimpses of the dealer's hall.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: michiko nakano on May 14, 2010, 06:09:02 PM
There is a contacts dealer and he or she should be back this year.  However it is now illegal to sell contacts without a doctor's prescription, so because the dealer at fanime sells them without prescriptions he or she might be asked to leave.  Basically, if you see the dealer, buy contacts as fast as you can because he or she might get kicked out at any given moment.

does anyone want to link the op to some of the other threads that have info about the dealer's hall merchandise and contact lenses?  gotta run~
Give this thread a look http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14107.0.html

Apparently they only take orders if you have a prescription, but they do not sell prescription strength lenses.

OtoNoDestiny

how do i tell them my persription? and thank yous~

Knightfire

Bring a copy of your prescription from you Optometrist(it think that's what they are called).
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Dany

Quote from: Knightfire on May 14, 2010, 07:58:08 PM
Bring a copy of your prescription from you Optometrist(it think that's what they are called).

It may also help to have your eye doctor note on the form that you are approved specifically for cosmetic lenses. Different vendors have different requirements as to what counts as a prescription. Some will take that you had your eyes examined/sized for any brand of regular contact lenses (and prescription info provided if it's an option), some want it specifically noted that you are approved for cosmetic wear.

I only bring this up because I've actually had it happen ;)

The thread linked up a bit has the vendor that you can contact to find out what exactly they will require.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

OtoNoDestiny

Xepherian

Quote from: michiko nakano on May 14, 2010, 06:09:02 PM
The dealer's room is near the middle of the con, and its entrance is near the hilton upstairs con entrance.

Just so you know, this year it's where the Arcade was last year (Exhibit Hall 2).
The Dealers Room and the Gaming rooms have been switched.