FLOW's Friday performance and Swap Meet

Started by Chun, May 14, 2010, 10:13:58 PM

Chun

Quote from: LordKefka on May 15, 2010, 01:18:44 AM
Either way, he's upset and I'm trying to think of a way for it to work out since he's obviously upset enough to make a topic about it.

Well actually my initial reaction put me on overload that this was made a thread by being spliced by a mod.

Stepping back and taking a deep breath helps.

If anything, can a time which the Friday concert occurs be posted so people can plan. Reading back on my own arguments for the past few hours made me realize how illogical I am sounding. Apologizes for TYPE-A raging.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

LordKefka

Oh yeah whoops on that one as well. The topic just got blown out of the water and I forgot... :\

Hopefully you'll figure it out. I honestly did kind of want to say do one of the other and make a sacrifice but it didn't seem like you would buy it in those moments which in turn made the proposed plans I had, 'plan a, b,c etc etc', ultimately into 'plan fail' =_=;

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Chun

Quote from: LordKefka on May 15, 2010, 01:35:31 AM
Oh yeah whoops on that one as well. The topic just got blown out of the water and I forgot... :\

Hopefully you'll figure it out. I honestly did kind of want to say do one of the other and make a sacrifice but it didn't seem like you would buy it in those moments which in turn made the proposed plans I had, 'plan a, b,c etc etc', ultimately into 'plan fail' =_=;

Well I contacted a lot of my resources and I can get a body double for the meet floor apparently. I'm only curious now as to when the event actually starts.

Thanks for your concern nevertheless. I was fueled by rage because I heard rumors about this 3 months ago and seeing it so suddenly and so soon tripped me up.

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

LordKefka

Yeah I really didn't want to see something that should be joyous turn into a brawl on the forums. To be honest, I kinda didn't know for a second what to do myself when I heard the announcement. Then I talked it over with a few people and made a decision... which is obviously to go to FLOW then come crawling back into the swap meet vulturing whatever goodies that hasn't been plucked away by everyone else...>_>; Kinda different on your end but the same principle which is me being a collector and not being able to buy rare stuff people sell and you not able to make money to buy probably other stuff in the dealer's room.

But I'm glad you figured it out. Hopefully this settles it.

ps. and fueled by rage? If anything you should be filled with " GAR!" after hearing about FLOW coming to Fanime  :P

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Lizchan33

Quote from: ewu on May 14, 2010, 11:23:03 PM
Quote from: Lizchan33 on May 14, 2010, 11:05:51 PM
Ditto.... I'm soooo upset it'll slow down swap meet traffic

Aside from the scheduling issues mentioned, I'd like to point out that Swap Meet is for you all to share your goods, get rare things, and to find a new home for things that are no longer wanted....and not for your wallet:)
Exactly, less traffic means fewer people and not everyone wants kenshin or blue sub no 6 dvds
I want to get rid of my stuff I don't really care too much about how much I make

EDIT:
And I also want to see Flow.... it's very upsetting... and technically you have to be there to sign in at the swap meet if your name is on the list. You CANNOT have someone else there signing in for you. They said it on a different swap meet topic. :'(

Hikaru Kazushime

What would be really nice is if the times of the swap meet and FLOW's concert could be moved in a way so that people could have a chance at enjoying both...

Touya no Miko

I plan to sacrifice FLOW's concert in order set my booth for the Swap Meet. Looks like it's just LM.C for me.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

matthewlow

And I'm the flip-side. As much as I wanted to do the Swap Meet for the first time this year (and it's definitely not for the money as I have little need of that, but rather to get rid of extra things), I just have to weigh the options. You don't always get to see FLOW. Simple choice really. And if I really wanted to do the Swap Meet that bad, I would have signed up for Thursday too.

So while it looks like I barely made it for a spot on Saturday (I'm #91), someone lucky is going to get my spot. I'll still get to do the shopping part after, which is the most fun part anyway (and IMO one of the BEST parts of FanimeCon).

Major props to FanimeCon for this. The Swap Meet IS two days. Sure it's not necessarily feasible to go both days, but if you really want to, you'd make it happen.

Sen

You know with a well known band like this, it could potentially draw even more people to Fanime. They may get curious and check out the rest of the Con and even find themselves inside Swap Meet.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

ININ

There is never a boring moment at Fanime.  There is always something to do.  Fanime does a spectacular job making sure there are activities for people to participate ^__^  The swap meet and the FLOW concert is an example.

Honestly, I never heard of FLOW.  I'm lucky I have friends who tells me about JP bands XD  The last time I attended a concert at an anime con was MusicFest '04.  FLOW is a good choice to attend a concert again.  I can't because I'm selling at the Swap Meet.  Oh, well.  I accept the conflict :)

Touya no Miko

Well, those who miss the concert still have a chance to see FLOW at the Q & A and Autograph session on Saturday.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

Lizchan33

Quote from: EJAY420 on May 17, 2010, 03:30:48 PM
again...why Friday?????
Because Friday doesn't have a concert going on. I remember in previous years they had the concert on Friday. Really it's not only availability of the time slot but also the artist that are playing. :/
I'm sad but I have to live with it

LunaNeko

I am also bummed that this concert will be on Friday Night....I signed up for Swap Meet and was super happy to get a spot and I packed stuff I wanted to get rid of a year ago! Now I am questioning if I should even bother with Swap Meet at all....Can we get approximate time when the concert will start?

Lizchan33

I think it starts 7 or 8 pm and will probably last 2 hours max.... I expected an opening band but I guess a band like FLOW doesn't really need it xD

EDIT
It starts at 7 goes till 9pm :/
swap meet starts line up at 7 and actually starts at 8pm v___v