Forums Friends Gathering 2011?

Started by Somebody, May 15, 2010, 04:42:19 PM

Somebody

Hello again!

In 2010, I created this gathering/thread as a noob/newb (Since I still haven't learned which way to spell it... and the fact that I am still considered new! xP OTL)  who didn't know if anyone else was planning a gathering for all of us forum friends! :P

The idea started as a different sort of gathering (a cookie party or something xP) in a forum games thread as a joke, evolved, and became a reality! We ended up meeting for ice cream a short bit down at B&J's, and although it didn't last long I/we had a bunch of fun! ^_^ So, although it's quite early to be making plans, I thought I should try and update this thread to show that I'd love to put together a gathering (or a few xD) for Fanime 2011!

Details to come when we get closer to Fanime!  ;D

Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

AuroraDreamer

I'll be there :D
I'm bringing candy! YAY

Somebody

EDIT: Maybe we could just hang out around lunch time or something? I think it'd still be fun to hang out, of course. xP
Cosplay 2013

Jerry

i dont know if you mean this gathering at/during FanimeCon  because again i need to remind you guys

that as great as the idea is...

we cant have people handing or giving out random food/candy/baked/ consume-able items to random ppl or newly made friends.

the main reason was  Liability - we dont want anyone to get into legal issues including FanimeCon in case someone gets into health issues because of someone handing out food items at the Con.

sorry for bust the bubble. Safety and keep Fanime around is pretty important.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Somebody

*head/desk* Suddenly I remember hearing this elsewhere.
Would a picnic be an acceptable alternative?
Cosplay 2013

AuroraDreamer

Well that sucks. I'm still willing to meet up and not eat anything :)

Jerry

there's already several picnics / cosplay and non cosplay related already planned.

again im not trying to rain on the parade, just no food items make or cooked at home.

pre-packaged or store/dealer bought items. but again dont overly share with ppl that you dont know or trust.

again just being safe everyone. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Somebody

Hmmm... we could all go down to a local food place and get something if we were looking at a picnic.
And true, there are others, I guess I just haven't looked hard enough.
Aurora and I will think of something I suppose.  :P
Cosplay 2013

Brutal

I liked the cookie party idea.
I would have brought some really good ones <3

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

BrightHeart76

If you want to join our picnic you are more than welcome.  It's officially called the "Naruto Picnic" but it is open to everyone cosplay or not.  We'll have lots of people as well as some games and lots of prizes.  You have to bring your own food but the games are free to play. 

If you want to join us we'll be at the park across from the Marriot on Sunday from 1:00 until about 2:30. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

michiko nakano

what if we just had a gathering and then walked to somewhere with ice cream and got ice cream?

AuroraDreamer

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 16, 2010, 09:42:22 AM
If you want to join our picnic you are more than welcome.  It's officially called the "Naruto Picnic" but it is open to everyone cosplay or not.  We'll have lots of people as well as some games and lots of prizes.  You have to bring your own food but the games are free to play. 

If you want to join us we'll be at the park across from the Marriot on Sunday from 1:00 until about 2:30. 
Depending on whats going on that day. I'll try and come visit :)
Quote from: michiko nakano on May 16, 2010, 09:48:07 AM
what if we just had a gathering and then walked to somewhere with ice cream and got ice cream?
That sounds nice :)

rude32

This sounds like a pretty cool idea. Count me in.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

c2chaos

What are cookies, made with out love...?
I was really looking forward to a cookie party even though I wouldn't be eating them. D:
However, let's do...whatever...

I know how about a simple game of "sardines" at con? Scratch that. It might look too much like an unorganized line, which is a hassle for Rovers, which I am staffed as.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

michiko nakano

let's decide once we gather.  we seem to think somewhat alike, and it would be fun to be spontaneous.

or we could just organize it, and go to ice cream!  (you can tell i love ice cream)

AuroraDreamer

Ice Cream is yummy, but spontaneous fun is awesome as well :D

michiko nakano

we could spontaneously get ice cream :3

Brutal

I'm down to spontaneously bring cookies 8)
(really yummy ones too!)

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

AuroraDreamer

I like the spontaneous bring your own sweets for your ice cream that we get at the ice cream shoppe.

ELDEMONIO

Nice. Just let me know teh time and place and i'll try and make it and take pics.