Early Registration hours question

Started by Inuashley, May 15, 2010, 06:57:39 PM

Inuashley

I know this must seem like a stupid question to the mods, however, I assure you I have searched through and read all the threads that say that early registered people can't pick up their badges on thursday, but I got an email today saying the following:

This message is to confirm that you are registered for FanimeCon 2010.  To
assist us in processing your Registration, please bring a copy of this
message with you when you arrive to pick up your badge.  As a special bonus
for Pre-Registering, the Registration area will be open to you for badge
pickup on Thursday May 27th from 5PM to 8PM.  Etc, etc.

So does this mean that now I CAN pick up my bade on thursday, or is this a blanket email saying that for pre-registered people, THEY can pick up their badges on Thursday? Just clarifying since it would help immensely to pick up my badge on Thursday.

Thank you for your time!
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

Jerry

you may want an official response from ewu or someone registration.

but i think:

if you got that message that shouldnt be a mistake.

Pre-Reg  and PRE REGISTRATION ONLY  

NOT early registration [big difference] is to pick up as of Friday morning.

EDIT : early reg too? WOW the registration peeps are AWESOME!

Adventure is out there!

CAW CAW - RAWR ! :D [wilderness explorer call]  Disney/Pixar's UP reference  
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ewu

I believe that we have early reg set up for thurs pick up.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Inuashley

Quote from: ewu on May 15, 2010, 09:20:39 PM

You do? That would be great! So, if I printed out this topic and brought it to the con on thursday, I shouldn't have any problems picking up my badge? I don't want to wait in line for nothing. Thanks again!
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

TC X0 Lt 0X

Wait, wait, wait.

Early Regs can pick up Thurs this year.

It just sounds to good to be true

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Babybobbyjackroxs

Om my fanime account, it says that I could pick up on Thursday between 5pm-8pm. I'm early reg. So, I think it's possible to go. Anyways, imma go on Thursday anyways.

RagolSlayer

Quote from: ewu on May 15, 2010, 09:20:39 PM

Glad to hear. A friend of mine got Early Registration unlike the rest of us who were pre-reg, so it would've sucked if he couldn't get his badge with us on Thursday. 

Runewitt

This makes me happy in so many unnecessary ways, i wont bother to count them. ;D
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

BrightHeart76

Something here isn't right.  I have no problem with Early Reg checking in on Thursday.  However, my entire group and I are pre-reg...but my confirmation does not list Thursday as a pick up day.  It says my first day for pick up is Friday 5/28 at 8 AM.  

Is there a glitch somewhere?  I made sure we were all pre-reg so that I could pick up our badges on Thursday.  I'm sending an e-mail to registration now as well.

Sorry to be a pain...but this is a big deal for me.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

SukebeStudios

I got an email receipt from Fanime saying I paid my Early registration, but it said nothing about what day I could pick it up. And when I went to the Registration FAQ, it said this:

Q: When/Where do I go to pick up my membership for Early Registration?
A: You can pick up your badge starting on Friday. You can pick up your badge at the Pre-Registration/Early Registration area straight from the main doors of the San Jose Convention Center.

So...if we can pick up our Early Reg on Thursday, why does the FAQ still say Friday?

ewu

Quote from: Inuashley on May 15, 2010, 09:36:12 PM
So, if I printed out this topic and brought it to the con on thursday, I shouldn't have any problems picking up my badge? I don't want to wait in line for nothing. Thanks again!

You must print out the e-postcard that is posted on your account.

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 16, 2010, 01:02:59 AM
It says my first day for pick up is Friday 5/28 at 8 AM.  

Those are the reg hours, but I believe if you continue to read down it will say that you are able to pick it up on thursday.

Quote from: SukebeStudios link=topic=14158.msg377666#msg377666So...if we can pick up our Early Reg on Thursday, why does the FAQ still say Friday?

The FAQ has yet to be updated to reflect this change.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Tsu

I cannot say how AWESOME this is! Thank you Reg people!! I've gone with friends in past years when I had a pre-reg badge and could get in for things on Thursday, but my friends only had Early-Reg and couldn't.  This is wonderful!
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Tsai_Ming_Li

OK, this may seem like dumb questions, but I'm basically confused about the wording in the correspondence for the registration.

The confirmation/receipt page after I paid said
"Your order is being shipped to [my billing address]."

I DO NOT want that to happen because (a) I will not be living there (away for college) and (b) I don't want my parents to know that I'm going to Fanime Con.

The only reason I typed in my billing address is because the prompts asked for it.

But then, in my confirmation email, it says:
"Member badges are non-transferable and will not be mailed out."

So which one is it?  Hopefully the confirmation email is more correct. 

If not, is there anybody I can call so that nothing gets sent to my billing address?

On the other hand, even if the badge itself will NOT be shipped to my billing address, is ANYTHING being sent there at all?  And if so, is there a phone # I can call to have it NOT shipped there, but to my current mailing address?

ewu

Nothing is being sent out. the shipping wording is from the paypal side and not under our control.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom