Hours of the Convention? (not registration)

Started by april, May 17, 2010, 12:46:39 AM

april

Hi i've never been to the convention. I really want to buy a ticket but i am a bit confused. I work at night (5pm) and I was wondering how late the convention usually last? Would i be missing out on too much if i just went during the day? Does anyone have an opinion on what the best day to go is? I'm trying to get a day off! I'm so excited! But just confused about the hours....

Thanks!    :P

Jerry

again until someone like ewu, or another moderator answers here are some general info:

Starting Friday 8AM ~ Fanime Con is 24 hours a day all day and night.   

Meaning Friday, Saturday, Sunday the Con is technically 'open' 24 hours a day. then going into Monday when the Convention ends after the Closing Ceremonies usually around Monday early evening.

It also depends on what you would like to "see" during the Convention. The final schedule is set to appear hopefully soon on the Fanime.com website.

It really depends what you yourself want to see during the daytime at the Convention. There always something different going on. It's best to wait til the schedule is released. That way you have a better idea whats going on and you decide for yourself.

if you aksed me, or anyone on staff... We'd tell you go all the days of the weekend. :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

april

I wish I could go the whole weekend but I didn't plan ahead  :'(...anyway thanks for the response! Maybe my coworkers will be nice and pick up some shifts....

Lizchan33

Quote from: april on May 17, 2010, 10:46:22 AM
I wish I could go the whole weekend but I didn't plan ahead  :'(...anyway thanks for the response! Maybe my coworkers will be nice and pick up some shifts....
You'd have some pretty awesome coworkers!
I had to ask for this weekend off long before the convention :P
in fact I told my managers when I got hired :P

april

Really? Yeah i'm an idiot for not planning ahead.  :-\ I got saturday off so far. I guess the other days I can go before and after work!

Nephilim

I asked for the whole weekend off at both of my jobs, about a month in advance. ^_^
Only got it fully off at one, the other job I think pretended to forget even though I'd pester them weekly. They scheduled me for Thursday and Friday. A coworker picked up my Friday shift (hurray for nice coworkers!) and Imma just call in sick on Thursday. >;3

"I'm sorry, I have a fever..." *click*  "...and the only prescription is more Fanime!" \(^o^)/

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

Lizchan33

Quote from: Nephilim on May 20, 2010, 05:34:16 PM
"I'm sorry, I have a fever..." *click*  "...and the only prescription is more Fanime!" \(^o^)/
EPIC WIN!
<3 THIS