Fanime Unofficial Pokemon Mystery Gift Distribution Event

Started by TC X0 Lt 0X, May 18, 2010, 03:44:22 PM

JohnnyAR

Damn, this is gonna be hard for me since I can't afford a badge but I can still take the light rail. Will you be at any gatherings outside?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JohnnyAR on May 24, 2010, 09:03:22 AM
Damn, this is gonna be hard for me since I can't afford a badge but I can still take the light rail. Will you be at any gatherings outside?
Not that I can think of.
I know I will be in line for FLOW around 5/5:30, so you can probably find me then. I will probably have my DS out.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jelly Soup

Well, you don't actually need a badge to just be ON the concourse and the DS has a range of 100 feet. As long as something is transmitting and you're within range, it'll pick up.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 24, 2010, 03:04:00 PM

Well, you don't actually need a badge to just be ON the concourse and the DS has a range of 100 feet. As long as something is transmitting and you're within range, it'll pick up.

Still the convention center is quite big, it may be difficult to come across me under the conditions.

It should also be noted that E-Gaming is open to the public on Thursday, so you might be able to find me on Thursday night as well, sense it won't be as packed and I won't be outside of E-Gaming for the most part.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jelly Soup

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 24, 2010, 03:28:34 PM
Quote from: Jelly Soup on May 24, 2010, 03:04:00 PM

Still the convention center is quite big, it may be difficult to come across me under the conditions.

Fortunately, DPPt comes equipped with tools to deal with that. One of the PokeTech apps lets it search for transmitting DS signals and it can piggy back (from what I've read) onto unlocked wi-fi signals. Plus, it doesn't require a time limit. That is, you don't have to start it up and wait for 30 seconds until it gives you a read out, it updates in real time. I did this last year, I switched it on and wandered around the convention center until I found people who were connected.

Rainbow Ichi

I don't have a mew or a secret key, ill try to meet up with you when i find you roving :D

speaking of which, are you sharing the mystery gifts through event cards..?
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Rainbow Ichi on May 25, 2010, 09:24:06 AM
I don't have a mew or a secret key, ill try to meet up with you when i find you roving :D

speaking of which, are you sharing the mystery gifts through event cards..?

Yes.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Rough Schedule:

Thursday:
Convention Center (likely Registration line and E-Gaming) 4pm-10pm

Friday:
Opening Ceremony 2pm-3pm
FLOW Concert 5pm-10pm

Saturday:
Create that Anime! 5pm-7pm
Havok's Midnight Carnival 12am-1am (technically on Sunday but whatever)

Sunday:
Yu-Gi-Oh Panel 11am-12pm
3d6 & 1d20 Tabletop RPG 1pm-2pm

These are all subject to change of course but I don't expect them to.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jelly Soup

...yeah, that schedule is all kinds of inconvenient. It doesn't place you in any area that is going to be easy to get within 100 feet of you.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well I ended up having a Cosplay malfunction on Friday night when I was unloading it and we were out of tape so I was unable to repair it and did not wear it from Saturday on.
Distributed a few 10th anniversary Mews around to randoms, but I do not believe I saw anyone who posted in this thread unfortunately. Oh well next year you guys.

PS
Damn Haloz.com distributing Pokemon and stealing are idea (or so I would like to believe). Asked them about where they got the distribution software and they apparently got them from heaven. Because a Magikarp with Hyper Beam is not hacked at all...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Eliteslayer

I tried to find you on Saturday, but I guess that would explain why I couldn't. Oh well, thanks nonetheless!

(And their shiny Mudkip has 15/5 PP for AncientPower. Not sure how that works. The promotional Mew offered throughout Fanime is awesome, tho'.)
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Jelly Soup

Magikarp, eh? When I noticed their sign in artist alley, I ended up getting a shinny Mudkip with the pokerus.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Eliteslayer on June 01, 2010, 11:37:09 PM
I tried to find you on Saturday, but I guess that would explain why I couldn't. Oh well, thanks nonetheless!

(And their shiny Mudkip has 15/5 PP for AncientPower. Not sure how that works. The promotional Mew offered throughout Fanime is awesome, tho'.)

They made it in PokeSav =P

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jelly Soup

I was surprised that people didn't know this, but when you connect via Pokewalkers, a copy of the other persons current team is added to the little battling club in Viridian City. Which is great for battle points, because the last 10 battles I was in there were Fanime people who had teams that consisted of the few Pokemon being distributed (shinny Mudkip, promo Mew, Murderkarp, didn't see any Shaymin).

Eliteslayer

Quote from: Jelly Soup on June 03, 2010, 07:41:01 PM
I was surprised that people didn't know this, but when you connect via Pokewalkers, a copy of the other persons current team is added to the little battling club in Viridian City. Which is great for battle points, because the last 10 battles I was in there were Fanime people who had teams that consisted of the few Pokemon being distributed (shinny Mudkip, promo Mew, Murderkarp, didn't see any Shaymin).

That's one of my favorite parts of the Pokewalker. I fought a few trainers with the Mudkip and Murderkarp, and one with the Mew, but mostly the teams were either under-leveled or a nice challenge. Heck, I got more battle points through the trainer house than I have the Battle Frontier.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Rainbow Ichi

I got myself a mew from the arcade room, thanks <3
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

Jelly Soup

I wish I had known about the Murderkarp a head of time. Would have liked to have a shinny Magikarp with Hyper Beam. I haven't actually seen the stats, but I assume it had a Pokemon ability hacked in that eliminated charge times.