Speed Dating!?

Started by HeyItsMeeEE, May 21, 2010, 09:40:44 PM

Jerry

just fyi I'm not part of the fanime speed dating team - so you may want to e-mail your suggestions to the email addy of the fanime speed dating staff once they've established an event for fanime 2011.

from what i remember the event in 2010 was very last minute, and all things considering with their first run thru did very well.

tho from what i heard i think the men/boys were the only ones moving rotating, and for all intense purposes, i think the girls have a right to be picky (in my opinion) :P

as for the age ranges, i think some tinkering with the cut-offs will need some adjustment. but thats for the staff of this department will decide.  that said...of course with concept of potential "dating" thrown in there... parents of an 18yr would definitely have issues with them meeting/seeing someone around 30+ im sure the staff has also considered it and will factor it into the rules.

once fanime meetings and departments are established, keep the comments, questions and support up.

FanimeCon hype 2011!  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

endymon

My bad you sounded so authoritative. I was thinking about sending an email to the old email, gogospeeddate @ fanime . com or whatever it was.

Hopefully they read this anyways, cause by the time they announce an email for it, it'll probably be too far along to make many changes.

Jerry

Quote from: endymon on November 03, 2010, 05:25:53 PM
My bad you sounded so authoritative. I was thinking about sending an email to the old email, gogospeeddate @ fanime . com or whatever it was.

Hopefully they read this anyways, cause by the time they announce an email for it, it'll probably be too far along to make many changes.

just remember that fanime is all about "by fans and for fans" mantra - so they'll take your suggestions into consideration and tune the procedure/event as they Fanime Staff sees fit.

if you 'really' want to make a change - then goto one of the many Fanime General Staff meetings that will be announced sooner or later. by being involved and speaking to the people in person and actually volunteering you see first hand whats goes on behind the scenes and the how stuff actually happens in order for FanimeCon to be as epic as it already is.

Steve.Young

Remember ladies and gentlemen, harassment is NOT okay in the real world...neither is stalking. So please, don't do it at Fanime, especially during/after Speed Dating.

Thanks,
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Cybermisadventures

Yeah I guess lol. I'm a girl, single, why the hell not. I didn't know the majority were guys.
EarlGreyXX.deviantart.com
CyberMisadventures.deviantart.com
TheOtherWorldsComics.deviantart.com

TheMaKaKi

I just like to meet new people! I hope this works out. I'll help/support this if I can ^___^
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Hisuitsume

Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee

Jerry

it literally popped up on the Fanime website like less than a week before Fanime ---

You may want to ask around at the next general meeting because I wouldnt know the first thing or whom to contact in regards to Speed dating :P

jemz

Quote from: Hisuitsume on December 08, 2010, 11:40:34 AM
Jerry, is there an actual separate official Fanime department for this event? Or does it actually fall under Live Programming Division or Panels Department?

I'm very interested in seeing if this event is coming back for the 2011 Fanime year and if it is coming back, then when they will start releasing information about the event: info//sign-ups//etc.

It was under Special Projects last year. I'm not sure about it's status this year.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

TheMaKaKi

Who was the head of this? :) Hopefully people (like me) can help out with it this year and it'll be more established!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Jerry

last years e-mail address was
that was considered the  speed dating e-mail...
good luck to you if the e-mail still works.

go speed go AT fanime DOT com

again otherwise, ask around the next fanime general meeting --- next meeting is on
12/18 - Santa Clara ROOM (not city), San Jose Hilton Hotel
time of meeting 3pm to 5pm.

bossyman15

mmm I'm thinking about signing up this year. (never knew about it last year :/ )

But the problem is... I'm deaf so i would need to use papers that i will bring with me to be able to communicate.

would that cause any problem in some way? In my experience, many girls are understanding about it.

But my question is this... what are the rules of speed dating? is notebook allowed?
My picture gallery<br />http://www.bossyman15.com/

Artes

I'm gonna sign up this year to check it out. Gonna be a fresh 18 year old so its going to be interesting to see what will happen.

kgHapa

rofl just got out of a 2 year relationship...so why the hell not  ;D

elfgirlkaname

Quote from: bossyman15 on December 26, 2010, 07:16:07 PM
mmm I'm thinking about signing up this year. (never knew about it last year :/ )

But the problem is... I'm deaf so i would need to use papers that i will bring with me to be able to communicate.

would that cause any problem in some way? In my experience, many girls are understanding about it.

But my question is this... what are the rules of speed dating? is notebook allowed?

I personally wouldn't object to it ^^ but sometimes people surprise you and know some ASL
I don't think it would be a big deal though ^_^

on another note: I'll prolly be going if this event is happening again, last year I couldn't because I was almost chained to my Artist Alley table for most of the con :(

as for age ranges 18-24 and 25-30 then 30-50 and 50+ depending on how many people sign up maybe combine some of the age groups or split them up, like if there's alot of 18-24 make it 18-20 and 21-24
or something ^^
this would definately help make fanime fun I think... not that I went last year >>  ... but still fun!

Admiral Donuts

Yeah, I gotta say age ranges would make me feel a whole lot more comfortable.

As long as there's still a gender mix in my age group...

dolore

Quote from: daiphyer.com on May 31, 2010, 10:00:19 AM
I was in 7pm slot. They had 8 girls and 11 guys. Guys had letters as their name tag and girl had numbers. Each were given 1 piece of paper with rules and talking advice, 1 page to take notes on the person you talked with, one smaller paper on which you indicate whether you would like to date that person or not, and a pen.
Girl and guy sit on the opposite of each other and have 3 mins for talking. I enjoyed the talking, don't know about the others. The time just goes by real quickly, and it took me mostly by surprise when the 3 mins were up and the sound was made. On the table you had 3 electronic color-changing objects to set the mood: small candle, a round ball and a square. After 3 mins, the guys got up and went to the next girl.
At the end of it, I gave the small paper to them with my choices. They first let out the guys and then the girls. Once I was out, I told the person that I wanted to be contact by email rather than phone. I did not hung out afterward, and just went my own way.
after 2 days, the people send an email as to whether you got a match or not. Don't  know what is said if you get a match, since I did not had one. In the one where you have no match there is just generic, "I am sorry it is did not work out" sort of message.

I came across this and noticed that you wouldn't get that contact info until after a few days.  Sounds like a bummer if you'd want to hang out with them during the con.

Zero_Kirby

Why the hell not? Sign me up

Sleepy15

This sounds like it could be interesting. Does anyone know if it will be happening this time?

princesskitty18

im assuming that it will considering there was so much hype about it before, during and even after the con

i went to it last year and barely made it because i was in the karaoke contest at the same time
it was definitely a rush to run from one end of the convention all the way to the other end XD
it sucked

but i really like the idea of age groups
and really hope that fanime brings it back
it helps to make friends! :)

and for bossyman15, i kno asl :) studied it for 4 years in high school
probably rusty now but kno the basics at least :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/