Speed Dating!?

Started by HeyItsMeeEE, May 21, 2010, 09:40:44 PM

renalcul

Quote from: Steve.Young on July 21, 2011, 01:56:43 PM
I'm already having *facepalming* moments reading this thread.
What do you mean?

c2chaos

Recalling some bad dates, Steve?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

persiandragon

hopefully they will have this event next year so i can try it out.

otakuapprentice

eh, I'll glance it over if I'm bored.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

renalcul

Quote from: persiandragon on August 15, 2011, 04:24:09 PM
hopefully they will have this event next year so i can try it out.
well we have enough operators this year to probably do it with more ease than last year.

and i will likely try and wrangle things together with them with more than a few weeks foresight. (ideally a few months, but admittedly, this isn't something i'm particularly concerned with starting to set up until January.)

jimsha

hey, saw this was just updated last month, are apps being accepted already??

http://www.fanime.com/events/speed-dating/

(and with this post, i just got myself waitlisted.. again orz )
Find me on Facebook! It's where I upload all my con photos and it has links to all my other accounts (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
http://www.facebook.com/cosplaystalker
If you'd like to add me, please let me know who you are and where you found me! ^_^

renalcul

Quote from: jimsha on December 08, 2011, 09:31:36 PM
hey, saw this was just updated last month, are apps being accepted already??

http://www.fanime.com/events/speed-dating/

(and with this post, i just got myself waitlisted.. again orz )

Me and jade haven't even figured everything out yet. That's basically a word for word repost from last year's.  Unless I wasn't told something.

I wasn't planning on doing anything official until after preregister even opened up. And we were talking about abandoning the 2011 format in favor of the 2010 model. But again this is all speculation. 

I do however intend to give far more than a 7 days worth of notice if I can. I want to try and get a solid system set up. I also plan to bounce ideas off of forum goers to gauge expected output.

But after I meet up with some of the others ill definitely try and keep the forums updated.

princesskitty18

Quote from: renalcul on December 09, 2011, 04:53:57 AM
Me and jade haven't even figured everything out yet. That's basically a word for word repost from last year's.  Unless I wasn't told something.

I wasn't planning on doing anything official until after preregister even opened up. And we were talking about abandoning the 2011 format in favor of the 2010 model. But again this is all speculation. 

I do however intend to give far more than a 7 days worth of notice if I can. I want to try and get a solid system set up. I also plan to bounce ideas off of forum goers to gauge expected output.

But after I meet up with some of the others ill definitely try and keep the forums updated.

good luck with that
not sure if i'll participate this year but id definitely like to help plan it
i've been going since it started (all of twice XD) but hey its still fun :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

renalcul

Quote from: princesskitty18 on December 13, 2011, 12:58:03 AM
Quote from: renalcul on December 09, 2011, 04:53:57 AM

good luck with that
not sure if i'll participate this year but id definitely like to help plan it
i've been going since it started (all of twice XD) but hey its still fun :D
Eh, I'm not too worried. I'm not sure if well be able to fill them to capacity if we do as many as I'd like to do. I figure we have about a 6:1 ratio of guys to girls. I'm hoping if I give 5 months notice and planning I might be able to get it to 2:1.   :3

princesskitty18

in any case, you might want to tell the ppl of the webpage to take some of the information down
or at least have it say that its not recent information
otherwise ppl might get confused XD

renalcul

Quote from: princesskitty18 on January 11, 2012, 12:01:28 AM
in any case, you might want to tell the ppl of the webpage to take some of the information down
or at least have it say that its not recent information
otherwise ppl might get confused XD

I'll look into that at the next meeting on the 21st, i still need to lock down both Speed Dating threads on the forums and just make a new one for 2012 Discussion and Troubleshooting. But i'm still waiting to have a meeting with the Speeddating head, and to get more of a grasp of our room setups. If things haven't changed from what i was last told, we will hopefully get a room to our own for the whole convention in a satellite hotel. If that's the case i'm wondering if i will do like 2 longer ones each day, or like 3 or 4 of ones like the previous years. It honestly depends on the turnout and demand. I can probably say that we are going to try to accommodate the LGBT community this year; but again, it's all a matter of registration and space allotments.

MaraKurohi

Don't know if I want to do something like this. Seems silly. But FUN silly~ How do I get signed up anyways? Can someone message me personally on that info, pwease?

Name's Mara.
21 yrs of age. May act younger or much older depending on situation.
Major: Biology
Minor interests: Graphic Design, Rollerblading, Traveling, Dancing (Ballroom and recently Belly Dancing)
Other interests: Some gaming and definitely SnuSnu<3 xD
Currently single. More interested in a cuddle partner than a relationship, hahaha

Also, if you see me zooming around during Fanime, I WILL be the azn Ramona on Rollerblades<3 I JUST dyed my hair recently, not sure if i'll keep it this way or dye it red or purple or green by Fanime =3 Will decide later hehe
Cosplay:
Ramona Flowers
I do skate. Usually every Sun@GGP in SF<3
I'm still learning.
So sad though. No rollerblades indoors at the con</3
W/Skates ON:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/540398_3656188850591_1450681984_3056903_1283828432_n.jpg

renalcul

I'm going to try and get a proper registration set up by February. Edit: May

Also aren't blades banned in the con center?

Rhornez

Quote from: MaraKurohi on January 14, 2012, 12:24:19 AM
Don't know if I want to do something like this. Seems silly. But FUN silly~ How do I get signed up anyways? Can someone message me personally on that info, pwease?

Name's Mara.
21 yrs of age. May act younger or much older depending on situation.
Major: Biology
Minor interests: Graphic Design, Rollerblading, Traveling, Dancing (Ballroom and recently Belly Dancing)
Other interests: Some gaming and definitely SnuSnu<3 xD
Currently single. More interested in a cuddle partner than a relationship, hahaha

Also, if you see me zooming around during Fanime, I WILL be the azn Ramona on Rollerblades<3 I JUST dyed my hair recently, not sure if i'll keep it this way or dye it red or purple or green by Fanime =3 Will decide later hehe
I like this girl :3

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

PinkHairSasuke

Are they taking sign ups for the 2012 Speed Dating already? I think I might actually do this event this year, seems interesting.

forever adel

hahah never been to one of these xD

You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com

lovelessneko

I might sign up just to see how it is. Sounds fun though.
Fanime 2012 Cosplay!!
Princess Bubblegum
Angel Stocking
FEM!Hibari or Bianchi
Fran (maybe...)

Roguemagus

I went to the last one and I really enjoyed it. There were some great people there I enjoyed talking to, but sadly I lost the notepad with their names :-[

I'd highly recommend it for this year.

princesskitty18

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on January 18, 2012, 06:16:40 AM
Are they taking sign ups for the 2012 Speed Dating already? I think I might actually do this event this year, seems interesting.

they aren't takin sign up yets but it SUPPOSEDLY should go up sometime in february if not march. ppl are still getin the facts together. and its pretty fun if a bti chaotic sometimes XD

Quote from: lovelessneko on January 19, 2012, 02:27:45 PM
I might sign up just to see how it is. Sounds fun though.

it IS fun. i went to both the first one and the second one. if it hits off this year, it'll only be the third time. and even if theres no romantic connection, i actually hung out wit a couple of the guys that i got matched wit and it was all in good fun :D

renalcul

Quote from: princesskitty18 on January 24, 2012, 11:05:45 PM
they aren't takin sign up yets but it SUPPOSEDLY should go up sometime in february if not march. ppl are still getin the facts together. and its pretty fun if a bti chaotic sometimes XD
That is the goal. It's mostly trying to plan and keep everything going smoothly. We'll probably end up Locking this thread and the other speed dating thread by February and create a new Speed Dating 2012 thread in which to pose a lot of the thoughts we got bouncing around.

So far i'm trying to figure out a suitable round robin meathod for LGBT pools. My friends jokingly suggested splitting them by Seme and Uke, but that's just silly.

It's not that it's hard for me to figure out; i just haven't really... done more than find the problem.