Speed Dating!?

Started by HeyItsMeeEE, May 21, 2010, 09:40:44 PM

Steve.Young

Quote from: c2chaos on July 26, 2011, 10:50:39 AM
Recalling some bad dates, Steve?

I'm late on the response, but comments made in this thread just make me glad I'm no longer in charge on Rovers.

*Does the not my problem dance*
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

raenef

I might try it if they open application again...I'm always so late to the party on these things.
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

renalcul

Quote from: raenef on January 29, 2012, 12:47:22 PM
I might try it if they open application again...I'm always so late to the party on these things.
More when. Less if.

Usually the guys are the ones to worry. Girls are usually outnumbered 4:1

raenef

Quote from: renalcul on January 29, 2012, 01:08:46 PM
Quote from: raenef on January 29, 2012, 12:47:22 PM
More when. Less if.

Usually the guys are the ones to worry. Girls are usually outnumbered 4:1

Do you know what day/rough time it would be?

renalcul

raenef

Are you going to sort by age group at all? Or just 18+?

renalcul

Quote from: raenef on January 30, 2012, 05:16:02 PM
It depends on what the turnout looks like. If we have enough adultish people well probably herd them into their own timeslot.

raenef

Quote from: renalcul on January 30, 2012, 05:55:27 PM
Quote from: raenef on January 30, 2012, 05:16:02 PM
It depends on what the turnout looks like. If we have enough adultish people well probably herd them into their own timeslot.
Adultish? ???

Geoff

Probably the 24+ folks.

I missed this event last time, since I had no idea it was there until a month before the con, fail.
Never been to a speed-dating, so if there's any I'd want to go to it's one in an anime convention

Not missing it this time, that I can help it :]
Other people told me it was really cool, interesting people to meet at least ^^
Hope I get into a cool group

raenef

Quote from: Geoff on January 30, 2012, 10:42:02 PM
Probably the 24+ folks.

Ahh that's good ^ ^. Yea I haven't had a chance to go before, it should be fun if I can make it this year :)

renalcul

Quote from: Geoff on January 30, 2012, 10:42:02 PM
Probably the 24+ folks.

I missed this event last time, since I had no idea it was there until a month before the con, fail.
Never been to a speed-dating, so if there's any I'd want to go to it's one in an anime convention

Not missing it this time, that I can help it :]
Other people told me it was really cool, interesting people to meet at least ^^
Hope I get into a cool group

Last year it wasn't opened up until like 9 days before the Con. I'm hoping to allow for at least 3 months of sign ups available. Though i hope that the ratios even out over an extended period of time, rather than polarizing further.

renalcul

Edit : ignore this. Found better options.

Navashuryn

I might be interested in joining in, lol. I have never taken part in anything like it before, so it would be a new experience. I'll keep an eye out for the sign-ups on it. :D

RoseLove19

I really want to try this out. Now it's just where to look to sign up. Hmmm

renalcul

Quote from: RoseLove19 on February 06, 2012, 10:37:49 PM
I really want to try this out. Now it's just where to look to sign up. Hmmm
Uhhh, we'll see what happens soon. It's mostly a matter of just having a sit down meeting/lunch with the SD head and being like "Hey, how do you wanna do this? this is how i think we should do this!" and then messaging the webteam and the announcement people and being like "ITS OPENING ON THIS DATE".

Update: opening early may.

avemcul

I'm really excited for sign ups. I've never done anything like this, so I think it would be a really fun experience and it would be nice to know people at the con besides my own group  :)
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

YjayR

this actually sounds like fun. i'd love to go

echoshadow

Hopefully I'll get in this time. The last couple of years I missed out. I always wanted to see what the fun is all about.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

renalcul

Update:

Lgbt speed dating has found a far simpler solution that I haven't even considered. Derp.

Possible number of events are still being determined.

Sadly, we will not be opening applications in March. It will likely open up start of May, so you guys should have a good month to get signed up.

We would like to hear from you guys about how long you would want each "date" to be. We are debating between 3 and 5 minutes.

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: renalcul on February 12, 2012, 03:20:48 PM
Update:

Lgbt speed dating has found a far simpler solution that I haven't even considered. Derp.

Possible number of events are still being determined.

Sadly, we will not be opening applications in March. It will likely open up start of May, so you guys should have a good month to get signed up.

We would like to hear from you guys about how long you would want each "date" to be. We are debating between 3 and 5 minutes.

I think 5 mins would be good