Speed Dating!?

Started by HeyItsMeeEE, May 21, 2010, 09:40:44 PM

Nonprofitpigeon

sounds like fun, how does such a thing work? Is it like really fast dates?

renalcul

Quote from: Nonprofitpigeon on February 15, 2012, 08:38:45 PM
sounds like fun, how does such a thing work? Is it like really fast dates?

20 people, 3 minutes each, mark your top 3, if they match you back, then your contact information is shared between the two of you.

Sadly, we can't arrange a beach for people to walk on.

jimsha

Quote from: renalcul on February 15, 2012, 09:44:14 PM
Sadly, we can't arrange a beach for people to walk on.
.. or even a fountain, apparently.. :/
Find me on Facebook! It's where I upload all my con photos and it has links to all my other accounts (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
http://www.facebook.com/cosplaystalker
If you'd like to add me, please let me know who you are and where you found me! ^_^

princesskitty18

i think 5 minutes is sufficient
i remember thinkin after the initial 3 minutes "what the heck...who did i just meet wit..?"
and i was really floundering around kinda

is there anyway for the sign ups to open earlier?
or did the head of the event say may for sure probably?

Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

renalcul

Quote from: princesskitty18 on February 18, 2012, 01:15:45 AM
i remember thinkin after the initial 3 minutes "what the heck...who did i just meet wit..?"

That's what I thought too, you wouldn't even have a chance to start a good conversation with anyone.

The Speeddating committee does not want to open sign-ups until the beginning of May

princesskitty18

Quote from: renalcul on February 18, 2012, 07:05:28 AM
That's what I thought too, you wouldn't even have a chance to start a good conversation with anyone.

the problem is that it takes some ppl a lil bit of time to first get over the initial awkwardness of meetin a new person every couple of minutes
some are pretty open to just talking (like me) and there are others that are kinda shy at first
so that lil extra time might do well in cushioning the conversation
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

yaki-ika

Quote from: princesskitty18 on February 18, 2012, 01:15:45 AM

Hi princesskitty18,

The reason sign-ups aren't open earlier is because the event fills up ridiculously fast. I have no doubt that there will be enough people to fill up all the times we have set aside for the event.

Thank you for your input about the time allowed per person. I am still debating on whether or not I want to make it 3 or 5 minutes. It sounds like 5 minutes is preferred, so I will try to adjust the event to suit the longer time. I will let you know when I decide.

Thank you for being so patient with this event :) I look forward to seeing you all at FanimeCon!

Jade

airanimechiic

i'm a girl and i'm going... but please tell me there will also be girls and not just hordes of foreveralone guys right?... >.>
hmm... what happens if all the slots are filled with guys first? will it be nothing but IRL awkward boys love? xD
btw, what time is the speed dating event this year?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

echoshadow

Quote from: airanimechiic on March 04, 2012, 12:57:21 AM
i'm a girl and i'm going... but please tell me there will also be girls and not just hordes of foreveralone guys right?... >.>
hmm... what happens if all the slots are filled with guys first? will it be nothing but IRL awkward boys love? xD
well. there has to be an even amount of boys and girls for the speed date to work.
As far as the schedule goes, it will be posted up soon. But if I recall in the years before it was around 6pm or later.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

renalcul

There is a cap for each gender.

Time will vary depending on the day.

RoseLove19

Quote from: renalcul on March 04, 2012, 11:08:44 AM

Okay that makes things a whole lot more comfortable. So there wont be like 3 times as many guys to girls or vise versa.

renalcul

Quote from: RoseLove19 on March 04, 2012, 06:28:45 PM
Quote from: renalcul on March 04, 2012, 11:08:44 AM

Okay that makes things a whole lot more comfortable. So there wont be like 3 times as many guys to girls or vise versa.

There probably will be in terms of signups, but not in terms of how many actually get in.

zer0

i will prolly roll through to see whats up. meet people make friends play magic >_> <_< ill bring my deck just in case

renalcul

Quote from: zer0 on March 08, 2012, 10:24:05 AM
i will prolly roll through to see whats up. meet people make friends play magic >_> <_< ill bring my deck just in case
Dowhatnow?

Aoiro

Totally didn't know there were sign-ups for this. Just thought you could walk in whenever it started! Guess not. xD

Well, I'll definitely try this out. Never done it before. And it sounds so exciting! C:
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"

TheMaKaKi

It is better if you sign-up beforehand via registration since the event is so popular. We will also anticipate people just lining up for wait-list, but no guarantees! Keep an eye out on the website and forums later in May for sign-ups.

Quote from: Aoiro on March 08, 2012, 11:54:29 AM
Totally didn't know there were sign-ups for this. Just thought you could walk in whenever it started! Guess not. xD

Well, I'll definitely try this out. Never done it before. And it sounds so exciting! C:
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Kpmonkeygirl

Could you go, even if you are not interested in dating? Just to hang out with a bunch of people and make friends? Because I have no interest in dating, but I want to make lots of friends, and I am afraid I am rather shy............>.>
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on March 09, 2012, 04:49:28 PM
Could you go, even if you are not interested in dating? Just to hang out with a bunch of people and make friends? Because I have no interest in dating, but I want to make lots of friends, and I am afraid I am rather shy............>.>

We apologize, the Speed Dating event is ONLY for Singles who are Interested in meeting other Singles.

We might address the request for Friend events if the interest is strong enough among attendees for future cons.

If PEOPLE HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS, PLEASE DIRECT THEM TO THE OFFICIAL FANIMECON 2012 SPEED DATING THREAD HERE--> http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16967.0.html

Where our Head or Staff can answer all your questions! Thanks!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

TheMaKaKi

Is there anyway to lock this thread or re-direct people to our 2012 Thread? So people can reply in the appropriate, current Thread about Speed Dating 2012? This started in 2010. We are in 2012 for pete's sake lol. Thanks!!!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on March 09, 2012, 05:22:12 PM
Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on March 09, 2012, 04:49:28 PM

We apologize, the Speed Dating event is ONLY for Singles who are Interested in meeting other Singles.

We might address the request for Friend events if the interest is strong enough among attendees for future cons.

If PEOPLE HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS, PLEASE DIRECT THEM TO THE OFFICIAL FANIMECON 2012 SPEED DATING THREAD HERE--> http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16967.0.html

Where our Head or Staff can answer all your questions! Thanks!

Yes! Please do!!!!!!! If they have speed dating, they should have speed friendship!!!!!! So could someone please create an event like that!? Thanks!
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."