BAG STASHING?!!!

Started by kumi-chan, May 22, 2010, 05:56:26 PM

kumi-chan

So I just read in the schedule guide that for Monday the hotel can take care of your stuff while you enjoy the rest of the con. I would like more info on this! Thankies! :D

michiko nakano

If you're a guest at the hotel, they might hold your stuff for you. 

AbsolutelyCursed

Don't know what hotel you're staying at, but I know that the Hilton will hold your stuff.

Kiara

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on May 22, 2010, 10:33:17 PM
Don't know what hotel you're staying at, but I know that the Hilton will hold your stuff.

Most of the different hotels have bag checks and will hold your bag. I know last year, my friend had the Hilton hold her bags even though she had stayed at the Fairmont. I don't know the real rules, but I think if you ask nicely enough, the hotel will store your bags even if you weren't staying at that hotel.

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

kumi-chan

Thanks! I forgot to say that I'm stsying at the Fairmont, do you guys know if they have it for that hotel specifically?

RagolSlayer

Quote from: kumi-chan on May 23, 2010, 10:14:36 AM
Thanks! I forgot to say that I'm stsying at the Fairmont, do you guys know if they have it for that hotel specifically?

Yes, the Fairmont has it.

jackiemarie90

Are you guys sure the hilton will hold stuff even if you not at the hotel!!?!?!? Because I'm gonna cosplay with alot of acessories and I don't wanna really hold them going to the FLOW concert! ha ha
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

kumi-chan

Quote from: RagolSlayer on May 23, 2010, 11:29:59 AM

Really? What a relief. What do I do though? Do I just go to the fronk desk or something?

RagolSlayer

Quote from: kumi-chan on May 23, 2010, 03:13:44 PM

Really? What a relief. What do I do though? Do I just go to the fronk desk or something?

Yeah, there's a place in the front lobby. I think it's called Bell Service or something like that, but if you ask at the front desk, they'll help you out.

kumi-chan

Quote from: RagolSlayer on May 23, 2010, 03:36:04 PM
Quote from: kumi-chan on May 23, 2010, 03:13:44 PM

Yeah, there's a place in the front lobby. I think it's called Bell Service or something like that, but if you ask at the front desk, they'll help you out.
Oh thanks! One last question do you have to pay them?

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Its free for this service and the hotel does not charge you.  Another word for Bag check in hotel terminology is called the Concierge. Tipping is optional.  You only tip bellhops and maids.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

ewu

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 02:12:40 PM
Are you guys sure the hilton will hold stuff even if you not at the hotel!!?!?!? Because I'm gonna cosplay with alot of acessories and I don't wanna really hold them going to the FLOW concert! ha ha

No, usually you need to be a guest to use the bag check. They may be nice, but do not count on it.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

FanFicGuru

Quote from: ewu on May 23, 2010, 11:04:22 PM
Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 02:12:40 PM

No, usually you need to be a guest to use the bag check. They may be nice, but do not count on it.

This. I highly doubt they will hold your bag if you're not a guest. Why? Because they know it's a convention with upwards of 15,000 guests and as soon as they hold one bag that they don't have to all of the sudden they're getting hundreds of people in there asking them to hold their bags. The only time they hold bags en masse is Monday when they're having tons of people check out simultaneously.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tsu

People really took advantage of this this year, at least at the Marriott.  By the time we checked out, they were completely full and couldn't hold our bags.  Had to drag 'em through the concourse with us.  Thankfully we didn't have anywhere near as many props or cosplay items as some people... it would've been impossible to haul all that.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Sora

The storage was full when we got there too, but we had one person watch the bags while everyone else went to hang out.
"Don't give me any orders."

Tsu

Quote from: Edward Elric on June 02, 2010, 08:19:05 PM
The storage was full when we got there too, but we had one person watch the bags while everyone else went to hang out.

Poor schmuck! Just kidding.  I actually got tasked with the same thing.  I just chilled in the cafe with our stuff while people went to check out the dealer's hall.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Sora

The guy who watched our stuff said he didn't have anything to do at the con on Monday anyway, so he said he could watch the stuff.
"Don't give me any orders."