Be courteous, shower!

Started by EJAY420, May 22, 2010, 09:37:37 PM

EJAY420

Every year it seems to amaze me how some people don't understand about good hygiene. I know cosplaying, weather,humidity,activities,etc...... play a big factor. It only takes one dude/ette (let's be fair) to stink up the place.Just be smart about it. Take advantage of the hotel showers. Don't be shady with the soap! If it smells, wash it! Febreze does NOT fix the problem. SOAP IT UP!
Most Impressive.

Dany

Shower.
Use deodorant.
Any smell you smell is triple for those around you.

And if someone tosses you a bar of soap, you didn't heed this advice XP
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Brushing your Teeth also helps as well.  You do not want your morning breath of death to wake up the entire room you know.  That would be called a rude awakening.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

AngelWings

After you get out of a dance/concert/physical exertion of any sort you should probably consider going back to your room and taking a quick shower.

BrightHeart76

I'm figuring one day I'll take 4 showers because I have so much sweaty stuff going on. 

It's kind of sad though.  My favorite thing about the Bay is that I have no allergies there.  For the few days I'm at Fanime I can actually breathe and smell...and I spend it surrounded by fanboy/girl funk.  Have pity on my few days of working olfactory senses and smell nice.   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

LordMoufMouf

Yes. People should also consider carrying a small packet of baby wipes/wet ones to quickly wipe down armpits and other sweaty areas in between showers, and then apply a fresh coat of deodorant.
Mouthwash and tongue cleaning is also a good precaution against bad breath as well. Carry mints - preferably altoids!

Mi Feng

Yes, Fanime is 96 hour convention (120 if you count Day 0), I'm pretty sure their is time to take a shower! If your out of mints, gum, tooth brush, deodorant, AXE, etc go to a local drug store!

michiko nakano

The rovers should have stickers that say "must shower" or something so that they can stick them on people.

EJAY420

nice guys. if for some reason u smell a funk, its usually the dood with the wife beater.
Most Impressive.

Raydere

I shower when I'm home; I see no reason to not shower if I have a hotel room. If there are roommates in line I will patiently wait.

In fact, I feel like crap if I don't shower.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

EJAY420

Quote from: michiko nakano on May 22, 2010, 10:56:29 PM
The rovers should have stickers that say "must shower" or something so that they can stick them on people.

hahahahaha!
Most Impressive.

RandR

There is definitely nothing better than taking a nice warm shower when you're close to passing out right after a 20 hr. day at fanime  ;D...

michiko nakano

yeah, showers are relaxing and brushing teeth feels good.  I don't get why people wouldn't want that.

jackiemarie90

I completely agree!! Especially if you are one of the people who ask for hugs! ha ha
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Showers = Good

Brushing your teeth and keeping gum and mints around is ideal as well.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ELDEMONIO

I agree.

If you liek anime, show some respect to the creators and fans and dress properly.

It's a anime convention,not a GWAR concert! >:(

also.some need to stay quiet and enjoy the videos shown instead of bashing it and sayin."why doesn't that girl just hit him?" or "oh yeas, a talking doll can do that.Pathetic" Just shut up and enjoy it! >:(

now that I think about it....If was to sell cologne,listerine packs, and deodorant if I was there, I would make a fortune! :D 8)

EJAY420

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 23, 2010, 02:52:10 PM
I agree.

If you liek anime, show some respect to the creators and fans and dress properly.

also.some need to stay quiet and enjoy the videos shown instead of bashing it and sayin."why doesn't that girl just hit him?" or "oh yeas, a talking doll can do that.Pathetic" Just shut up and enjoy it! >:(

now that I think about it....If was to sell cologne,listerine packs, and deodorant if I was there, I would make a fortune! :D 8)

WONDERFUL IDEA!!! WE CAN MAKE SOME SERIOUS CASH FROM STINKERS!
Most Impressive.

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: EJAY420 on May 23, 2010, 03:00:23 PM
I agree.

With that amount of money, It can pay my Fanime expenses for over 10 years! :o

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 23, 2010, 03:04:11 PM
I agree.

What you guys don't realize is that them Stinkers will not likely care to smell good anyway.
Now see if we apply this plan to Febreeze cans we are gold.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 23, 2010, 03:19:19 PM
Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on May 23, 2010, 03:04:11 PM
I agree.

What you guys don't realize is that them Stinkers will not likely care to smell good anyway.
Now see if we apply this plan to Febreeze cans we are gold.

They'll buy it because i'll force them to buy them with my fist!!! >:(

also, we can probably put the words "love potion" on the febreeze cans.

So much money......*starts drooling*