Yu-Gi-Oh tourney

Started by amaya_JDB, May 23, 2010, 12:49:25 AM

amaya_JDB

Just a few questions about the tourney this year.

What format is it in? Advanced or Traditional?
Why is it separated into multiple days?
and who's judging the tourney?
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

TC X0 Lt 0X

1) Don't know but it better be Advanced.
2) They seem to be structuring it like a Shonen Jump/Championship Series. Kind of a bad plan if you ask me.
3) Not me

Better wait for a better reply

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

jackiemarie90

I'd be interested if it was the traditional style! ha ha :)
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 01:50:15 PM

I'm sorry.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

jackiemarie90

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 23, 2010, 02:13:54 PM

I'm sorry.

I know alot of hardcore player are interested in the new format but is there a separte traditional one cause that's all I know how. ha ha
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 02:16:32 PM

I'm sorry.

I know alot of hardcore player are interested in the new format but is there a separte traditional one cause that's all I know how. ha ha

I don't know about the Tournament this year, but last year I know it was unfortunately Traditional. This year I hope to god it is Advanced. Whats the point in playing when you know the game comes down to Yata Lock and Makyura FTK?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

jackiemarie90

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 23, 2010, 02:28:23 PM
Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 02:16:32 PM

I'm sorry.

I don't know about the Tournament this year, but last year I know it was unfortunately Traditional. This year I hope to god it is Advanced. Whats the point in playing when you know the game comes down to Yata Lock and Makyura FTK?

Sorry I just guess I'm old school

tomete

by the way how much would entry fee be if there is one?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Fanime Tournaments don't have entry fees.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

while we don't have entrance fees, there is an option to donate to the send JTchinoy to Asia fund.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Andy

If it's standard I'll play, it not then I cbf because of all the traditional decks out there that will wreck my standard. Also, are the two qualifiers the same thing but on a different day?
Pro, as in: Accomplished, educated, perservering, passionate, precise, great, heroic, better than the rest, pokemon master. Jank, as in: weak, undernourished, failure, disgrace, uneducated, smellys like fish.

Ciel

So if we wanna play do we just show up at the given time?
Not really sure if I plan to play since my deck isn't even completed yet (=<), but it'd be cool to check it out I guess since I haven't played in a while.

Xepherian

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 25, 2010, 12:23:11 AM
while we don't have entrance fees, there is an option to donate to the send JTchinoy to Asia fund.

i'll give you 1.25 for san francisco bus fare to Japan Town.

joshmisses

hey guys this is sam, head of table top this year. We are trying to get regionals this year. if we do Konami will be running this event and they will set everything up. we will keep you posted on all the details.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Konami does not run Regionals. Regional and lower level events are ran by TOs almost exclusively associated with a hobby store.
Konami only runs YCSs. Judging from my Judging Experience at YCS San Jose back in September (located at the San Jose Convention Center), they would need at least half an exhibit hall to run their event, and Judging by the low numbers at that YCS, I doubt they will be coming around anytime soon.
At least as far as I can remember and know. According to my local hobby shop, bids for a Regional are not avaliable at this time. either, though I can see them making an exception.
Be advised to take anything I say with a grain of salt. Most of my info is handed down to me from visits to Pojo or things I hear from Hobby Store.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

abcbadcat

Konami sponsored or not, we should for sure have an advanced tourney. I just finished my deck and am looking for some duels this year.

joshmisses

thanks for the heads up but we will still try and your right about them taking up half of the hall. we have taken into account. as a back up plan we are looking for judges to help us out. if anyone is interested in helping out this year, you will be put onto our staff. hit me back if interested.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: joshmisses on December 03, 2010, 09:42:20 AM
thanks for the heads up but we will still try and your right about them taking up half of the hall. we have taken into account. as a back up plan we are looking for judges to help us out. if anyone is interested in helping out this year, you will be put onto our staff. hit me back if interested.

I would but I intend to remain a Attendee this year. I don't plan to attempt Staff/Volunteering at Con until I am past my 5 year mark at con.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: abcbadcat on December 03, 2010, 03:09:46 AM
Konami sponsored or not, we should for sure have an advanced tourney. I just finished my deck and am looking for some duels this year.

It's too bad Konami will be changing the format in march.
Hopefully they will bring back Heavy Storm. Though being Konami I doubt it.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

joshmisses

i see, to bad we could use the help. so why not start early on the staffing. you will get plenty of time to enjoy the con and if you want to do something special we are flexible. yet either way it will be a great con and will see you there.