What parts of fanime are open 24hrs?

Started by jackiemarie90, May 23, 2010, 01:49:26 PM

jackiemarie90

I'm not sure quite yet what I wanna do at fanime but I remember alot of stuff were open late so I was wondering what goes on during the night when everyone is gone also do people still walk around in cosplay costumes in the halls after hours?!?! ha ha
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

Somebody

Well mostly I know of Stage Zero-they've always got stuff going on. A lot of other rooms may be open at night, but here's where to go to check it all out:

http://www.fanime.com/docs/2010-schedule.pdf
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

jackiemarie90

Quote from: Somebody on May 23, 2010, 01:53:32 PM
Well mostly I know of Stage Zero-they've always got stuff going on. A lot of other rooms may be open at night, but here's where to go to check it all out:

http://www.fanime.com/docs/2010-schedule.pdf

You know I tried to upload that but it isn't working can you help?
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

Somebody

It isn't huh? That's odd. Any suggestions guys?
You've tried accessing it from Fanimecon's home page right?
Other than that I don't know what to do. In your con bag you should get one-if you pre-reg'd at least. I looked through the PDF and I don't see anything else that is 24/7 though. Then again it was a quick skim. -.-'
Cosplay 2013

jackiemarie90

Quote from: Somebody on May 23, 2010, 02:02:28 PM
It isn't huh? That's odd. Any suggestions guys?
You've tried accessing it from Fanimecon's home page right?
Other than that I don't know what to do. In your con bag you should get one-if you pre-reg'd at least. I looked through the PDF and I don't see anything else that is 24/7 though.

I'll probably get during pre reg! ha ha But thanks anyway. I think it's my old web browser to blame! :P

EJAY420

THE GAMING ROOM!!!!

I'm such a night person. I go to sleep at almost 5am everytime i'm at fanime. Stage Zero as well. Not to mention anime viewing all hours of the day.
Most Impressive.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 02:00:06 PM

Check your Adobe Reader.  If you don't have one installed or if it's really out of date you may not be able to access the document. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

jackiemarie90

Quote from: EJAY420 on May 23, 2010, 03:01:38 PM
THE GAMING ROOM!!!!

I'm such a night person. I go to sleep at almost 5am everytime i'm at fanime. Stage Zero as well. Not to mention anime viewing all hours of the day.

Nice!!!! Gaming in the midnight hours sounds epic!! ha ha :)

jackiemarie90

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 23, 2010, 03:13:39 PM
Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 02:00:06 PM

Check your Adobe Reader.  If you don't have one installed or if it's really out of date you may not be able to access the document. 

Yeah I think that is what's up, old out of date stuff. ha ha

otakuya

Video rooms, gaming rooms, Stage Zero (random programming?), random lobby madness, internet cafe, Jack-in-the-Box, and con-ops are the ones off the top of my head that are 24 hours

Mordyan

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 01:49:26 PMdo people still walk around in cosplay costumes in the halls after hours?!?! ha ha
Cosplaying seems to tapper off in the wee hours. Most of the people cosplaying at that time of night are still wearing the same one they had on from earlier that evening. Though I have seen some cool late night only cosplays, including character pajama outfits.

jackiemarie90

Quote from: Otakuya on May 23, 2010, 05:32:35 PM
Video rooms, gaming rooms, Stage Zero (random programming?), random lobby madness, internet cafe, Jack-in-the-Box, and con-ops are the ones off the top of my head that are 24 hours

Con ops? Also internet cafe is win!! Yet I heard they don't let people sleep at the con, that seems kinda lame. ha ha But lobby maddness is something I"m interested. ha ha

jackiemarie90

Quote from: Mordyan on May 23, 2010, 07:28:04 PM
Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 01:49:26 PMdo people still walk around in cosplay costumes in the halls after hours?!?! ha ha
Cosplaying seems to tapper off in the wee hours. Most of the people cosplaying at that time of night are still wearing the same one they had on from earlier that evening. Though I have seen some cool late night only cosplays, including character pajama outfits.

Character pajama outfits?!?! ha ha ha nice!

Tony

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 09:48:31 PM
Con ops?
Though awesome, ConOps is not an event.

QuoteAlso internet cafe is win!!
Yep! We have wireless internet throughout the concourse for our attendees.

To reiterate, we're a 24-hour con in the sense that there's always something going on, 24/4. The gaming/egaming/arcade room is open 24 hours, as is video, stage zero, and more; the rest are a balance of day programming (such as panels) and night programming (like dance and karaoke).
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

chris-barstow

You should sleep the hours when almost nothing is open. 1-5AM

jackiemarie90

Quote from: Tony on May 24, 2010, 08:03:37 AM
Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 23, 2010, 09:48:31 PM
Con ops?
Though awesome, ConOps is not an event.

QuoteAlso internet cafe is win!!
Yep! We have wireless internet throughout the concourse for our attendees.

To reiterate, we're a 24-hour con in the sense that there's always something going on, 24/4. The gaming/egaming/arcade room is open 24 hours, as is video, stage zero, and more; the rest are a balance of day programming (such as panels) and night programming (like dance and karaoke).

What are con ops? ha ha

jackiemarie90

Quote from: chris-barstow on May 24, 2010, 01:54:06 PM
You should sleep the hours when almost nothing is open. 1-5AM

Well I was just wondering what also happens late night, I live in San jo so going home is no brainer but I wouldn't mind to stick around a little later to see what goes down! :) ha ha

apsykes

Stage Zero! Funny stuff happens in the early morning xD

Ask for the picture of the burger!
I TALK LIKE A TOYOTA, I DON'T WANNA STOP!

michiko nakano

con ops (convention operations) is the organization of people that keep us safe, seeing as we're in an open convention hall in the middle of a very urban area and need protection from drunks, hobos, and other dangerous types of people who wander into the con.

and that's only part of what they do.

Somebody

Quote from: apsykes on May 24, 2010, 06:46:56 PM
Stage Zero! Funny stuff happens in the early morning xD

Ask for the picture of the burger!
What the 20-some meat pieces burger?
I know at least one of the Stage 0 members wants to recreate that this year, but with a few more patties. xD Don't know if he'll get around to it though.
Cosplay 2013