Pre-Reg Badge Pick-Up Lines are a PAIN~ [question]

Started by chifunii, May 24, 2010, 07:40:18 PM

chifunii

I don't live that far away from San Jose, but I don't have a car so I can't drive myself down there whenever I feel like it.

So I was wondering, for people who have been to FanimeCon in the past--

1. On Thursday, with pick-up 5PM-8PM, is the line usually ridiculously long? Any sort of input would be great on this.

and

2. If I were to pick it up Friday afternoon, would there be -hecka- people? Please also tell me about the wait times in the line on Friday.

Thank you in advance! :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

FanFicGuru

Quote from: chifunii on May 24, 2010, 07:40:18 PM
I don't live that far away from San Jose, but I don't have a car so I can't drive myself down there whenever I feel like it.

So I was wondering, for people who have been to FanimeCon in the past--

1. On Thursday, with pick-up 5PM-8PM, is the line usually ridiculously long? Any sort of input would be great on this.

and

2. If I were to pick it up Friday afternoon, would there be -hecka- people? Please also tell me about the wait times in the line on Friday.

Thank you in advance! :)

The thursday line usually isn't too terrible, but this year they're letting early reg people pick up their badges on Thursday too, which is a first and opens up pretty much everyone else to line up on Thursday night. I fear this will result in MUCH longer lines than usual. Registration staff exhibits herculean efforts to make sure the line moves quickly, but I don't know if they realize the enormity of opening up early reg people to pick up their badges on Thursday. Unless early reg has a separate line from pre-reg...

Friday "afternoon"? Are we talking post school? Because there is certainly a huge rush between 2:30 and 4 PM. Kiddos who weren't able to make it Thursday night get their parents to drop them off after school etc. I think that peak wait times will be between 1.5 to 2 hours. If you catch registration at "off" hours, you will probably be in line between 15 and 30 minutes.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015