"published character"

Started by crystalsoul, May 24, 2010, 11:53:00 PM

crystalsoul

Wow...im sorta disappointed by this....

ok now i get that we cant have random kids (and adults) walking around in normal clothes and asking to have a wooden sword they bought in the merchandise room peacebonded, but i mean...wtf Dx  my friend designed outfits for us to wear this year and now we can peacebond our weapons cause were not an official anime character?  ._.

gah im sorry im venting but i think the line should be drawn a little lower then "published characters"....it would of been nice to walk around dressed up and being able to have our weapons with us cause it sorta defined our group :/

discuss? opinions? let me hear your thoughts on this, or am i the only one who thinks like this? >.<

Somebody

Hold your horses for a sec- if the weapons are applicable for peacebonding then you should be okay.
They just want to make sur e you have a full thought out character before con and posted.

Umm what i mean is: I am cosplaying on Saturday as an original character. My character has a prop weapon acceptable for the code but not registered for just random wearing to con, so I published a drawing (and im going to put more up to be safe) on my DA and I was told it was acceptable. So long as it's beyond a concept sketch and posted before Fanime then it's acceptable.

So I believe I was told. I'm getting a bit too tired to be online. (-.-') Totally okay with being overwritten higher up more awake and thinking people! xP
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

deonchan

Somebody is correct. Concept art and a backstory/orgin on DA or similar website is acceptable.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

monotone

"Published" includes published on the web. This means Deviantart, blogs, webcomics, what have you, as long as it's posted BEFORE Fanime. It doesn't have to be official in the sense that it's published by a major publishing company or anything like that.
Fanime Rovers
Callsign: Zombie