Queestion about gaming at fanime

Started by Crewd, May 26, 2010, 06:57:17 PM

Crewd

Would I get in trouble for doing money matches at fanime?

I've recently become better then the general populous at a certain game and I need a Challenge

abcbadcat

Quote from: Crewd on May 26, 2010, 06:57:17 PM
Would I get in trouble for doing money matches at fanime?

I've recently become better then the general populous at a certain game and I need a Challenge

Any rover will tell you: "No, gambling is not allowed at con blah blah blah"

Just keep it hush hush and don't make a huge event out of it (other than the people around the arcade machine/console station) and it shouldn't be a problem.

If they don't hear/see it then they can't bust you on it.
:P

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Crewd on May 26, 2010, 06:57:17 PMWould I get in trouble for doing money matches at fanime?

The answer is a definite YES, you will get in trouble.  Take gambling elsewhere and don't be foolish enough to blurt out a money match.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

jindo

I thought playing games at convention meant "Having Fun" only.  Anyhow... ss for those who seek profit during this conventions... either attend EVO to claim your fame or go to Sunnyvale for wager matches.
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

Jerry

First of all - you dont find "challengers" over trying to "win" money ~ unless it like a sponsored or major tournament or something... considering that everyone already paid for registration fees, hotel, foods, and among other things bought at fanime... they wouldnt want to waste their money on something like that. [unless again official tournament stuff - which i think all tournaments are free at fanime i thought?]

Although I personally never heard of anyone trying to wager monies at fanime during Con time, I'm pretty sure your not the first person to think about it.

But ya, I would say that is a "NO" so please dont do it. I'm pretty sure any Fanime Staff member who would see it would probably break it up and/or report you to Rovers.

also dont forget that uniformed SJPD are on sight, and they would have jurisdiction over things like that. so  dont try to be "cool" try tp start gambling ring at fanime.

KThanks.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Mizuki

If you want a challenge go to a tournament, not ask for a money match. Thread in wrong place, and the topic has been answered regardless. Locked.