Hilton has a fanime waiver

Started by Kyra_Maverick, May 27, 2010, 04:15:11 PM

Kyra_Maverick

Just checked into the Hilton. This year they have a waiver for Fanime guests. From what I understand they've had problems with our con in the past. The waiver explains extra costs associated with extremely messy rooms, use of hair dye in the room, elevator service fees and general hallway rowdiness.

Dany

How do they communicate that to guests?  I was thinkng of going to check on parking for the weekend after I get out of the reg cue.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

error00004

Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

SweetNiar

Quote from: error00004 on May 27, 2010, 05:25:01 PM
Elevator service fees? xD

i know! i thought the same thing.  Did they have issues with late late night joy riding on the elevators or something? XD

Kyra_Maverick

I guess people were hitting the e stop, and they'll charge the person who hit it almost $400. When I checked in I was aaked to sign it. I didn't know anything about it before hand

Nina Star 9

I'm honestly not surprised, and I'm mildly surprised that they haven't had this sooner.

For the elevators, they can break when overstuffed, people jump in them, etc.

chanocular

This is really interesting. I'm curious to see if the Marriott will have something similar, anyone know?

heeroyuy135

VanessaAyukawa

Makes sense. Two years back I was charged 250.00 for my messy hotel room, which I got the charges removed because I had photos of the room when I left, they actually meant to charge the room NEXT to mine. It took like six months to clear it out. I never stay at the hilton anymore because of it.

BrightHeart76

I signed the waiver.  It roughly translated to "please don't act like a total animal in our hotel.  If you do act like an animal we will charge you for the cost of fixing the damage you cause".  I feel bad that they had to create this kind of form at all. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

AntiVonn

I hope it helps with the elevator situation. Last year was horrid.

Kyra_Maverick

I remember last year they posted signs asking that Fanime guests not sleep in the lobby. I thought that was rather sad that they had to post that. Seriously.

Knightfire

They had to service the Elevators Saturday Night in the hilton due to over stuffing and horse play. It was ludicrous how some people acted in those things.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

FanFicGuru

At the marriott. No waiver. Helpful little flier that answers a lot of questions though!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tsu

Worst thing, IMO, is that it might not even stop some people.  I mean, most of the acts people are talking about here aren't exactly trackable unless they have a guard in the elevators and/or in the hallways.  It's pretty dreadful behavior on the part of the congoers responsible.  Hopefully it doesn't risk us being able to return to this locale or get discounts at the hotels in the future. :/  The employees back at Santa Clara used to always look at us ugly, even though we didn't do anything- I'd hate for it to happen again for an actual reason.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Tony

Quote from: foester on May 29, 2010, 01:38:52 AM
Worst thing, IMO, is that it might not even stop some people.  I mean, most of the acts people are talking about here aren't exactly trackable unless they have a guard in the elevators and/or in the hallways.
Cameras...

QuoteIt's pretty dreadful behavior on the part of the congoers responsible.  Hopefully it doesn't risk us being able to return to this locale or get discounts at the hotels in the future. :/  The employees back at Santa Clara used to always look at us ugly, even though we didn't do anything- I'd hate for it to happen again for an actual reason.
Sadly, it's a risk we run. The best we can do is to be friendly and respectful - and 99% of attendees are - so that everyone - hotel staff included - can enjoy the show.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Kyra_Maverick

Overall I'd have to say that the waiver did work. There were alot less elevator games (ie pushing all the buttons and getting off on the first floor up, jumping when the elevator stops, over crowding) and not nearly as much noise in the hallways.

The messy room fine had me a bit worried, so I bagged up all my trash myself. By the time we checked out, all the cleaning staff had to do was vacuum and change the linens.

Kertus

The waiver seems to make sense, that way it's a warning to people.

In my hotel rooms my group always does a thorough job of doing most of the cleaning on our own, having the trash all in one bag, and additionally leaving a hearty tip for the maids.

There's no reason for con-goers to be held in bad regard by the hotel staff that takes care of us so well.
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

FemmeFatale

I specifically asked the guy at check in whether the waiver was new this year because I didn't remember signing one for the past two years. He told me that they've always had it. lol that liar. Although I can't really be mad at that. Covering your bases is always okay with me.

I had to leave to catch a flight at 4am and the elevator I took had 2-3 people just sitting on the floor chillin', riding it up and down the floors. I would have been more WTF if I had been more awake at the time, but seriously, a 2-days too late WTF guys?

Kyra_Maverick

Nah, this was definitely new. The woman that checked me in was new to this particular hotel so she wasn't able to tell me if there were alot of problems last year. However, she did say they had a bit of a meeting before the con to inform all the employees about it.

I gave a tip on Friday, and our maid was a bit hesitant to take it.  Maybe because I gave it to her in person? The only way she would take it was if I told her I wouldn't leave another one.