PROTESTERS IN FRONT OF THE FANIME BUILDING

Started by danielvutran, May 31, 2010, 07:14:25 PM

lunarknight

Quote from: Touya no Miko on June 12, 2010, 07:06:28 PM
Just received news about the match.

Fanime won!!!!

Turns out the protester was all talk but had no skill. He was easily beaten in all three rounds. It was like an episode of "Bully Beatdown"! Sorry, no video since it wasn't allowed. I believe you can find the news on facebook.

Now that's a fight I would pay front row seats too :3

lunarknight

BTW did anyone see a protester stationed at the corner next to a streetlight?

That guy was yelling at anyone close to him that god was going to caste them into hell for what they were doing. Honestly I sometimes wonder if they know what they are talking about half the time.

Touya no Miko

Quote from: otaku_duckie on June 13, 2010, 09:01:17 PM
That's awesome! (sad about no vid) but still hurray!!!! GO FANIME! Do u know the name of the dude that got his ass kicked? I wanna taught him next year!

His name is Chris(sorry don't know his last name).
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

KitsuneOniko

Quote from: Touya no Miko on June 11, 2010, 10:59:16 PM
Okay, so interesting thing I heard from my college and Fanime buddy. One of my old college friends, who also happens to be a rover for Fanime, is now training officially for UFC as a fighter. He was given a match and guess who his opponent was?

One of the protesters.  And they recognized each other.

So while the protester guy is mouthing off on how his crew wants to get rid of Fanime, my other friend is just pumped to beat him (legally of course). I have yet to hear the outcome of the match.

Wearing flashy costumes makes you a sinner, yet beating the snot out of someone for sport is a-okay?

I don't remember learning this at my Church's Sunday school. Goes to show that some people don't really do things in the name of their faith, but for selfish personal reasons.

ahahaha oh you talkin bout my buddy Chris? Yeah while there is no video of the match I do have a written round by round report of the whole deal on my Facebook XD Epic~!
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

KitsuneOniko

Quote from: Touya no Miko on June 14, 2010, 01:15:39 PM
That's awesome! (sad about no vid) but still hurray!!!! GO FANIME! Do u know the name of the dude that got his ass kicked? I wanna taught him next year!

Berania :) he is a good close friend of mine lol
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

Aelia

Quote from: Touya no Miko on June 14, 2010, 01:15:39 PM
Hehehehe. Chris is the Rover's name. (He's the one who did the ass kicking, not the other way around)

Please resist the urge to taunt the demonstrators about getting their asses kicked, I'm sure they'll misconstrue it (intentionally or otherwise) to call it a threat.
Director of Operations

Digitalhikari

Runewitt

Hey gaiz, they showed up to the summer street party here in Hayward. i wanted to troll them sooo much but i was with family.

they were yelling the same thing as at fanime, and i got on their video camera again throwing up the horns.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

G.I.R

Speaking of protesters,
The Westboro Baptist Church is going to protest at the San Diego Comic Con on 7/22.  This ought to be good for some lols.

AbsolutelyCursed

The thing I found funny was that they announced when they're going to protest Comic Con from 1:15 to 2pm. Probably had a panel they didn't want to miss.

G.I.R

They probably know that there will be a lot of news van there on Thursday.

ewu

Just remember, when dealing with the protesters, don't do any thing I wouldn't do....no, wait....the con chair wou....a rover....reg staffe......don't do anything Elmo wouldn't do.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

otakuapprentice

Makes you wish you had a freeze ray for these occasions, doesn't it?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

otakuya

Anyone got some leftover vuvuzelas after the World Cup? We could totally use those against them. You know how loud and annoying those horns are?

G.I.R

Well thank (insert name of Almighty invisible being or force you believe in) nobody has a Vuvuzela here, unlike at AX,
but they should be here in about an hour and a half from now, so I'll try to get pictures / videos.

G.I.R

Lets talk sad and funny at the same time.

The WBC people did show up                         ...all four of them.
There was crowd of about 150 attendees counter protesting.  The WBC people had so few people, they had to hold four signs each.
They left after half an hour.  I will give them brownie points for not yelling, or using a bull horn.  I'll post pictures later (the wifi here in my hotel is slooooooooooow).

otakuapprentice

Quote from: G.I.R on July 22, 2010, 02:34:07 PM

There was crowd of about 150 attendees counter protesting.  The WBC people had so few people, they had to hold four signs each.
They left after half an hour.  I will give them brownie points for not yelling, or using a bull horn.  I'll post pictures later (the wifi here in my hotel is slooooooooooow).
DAMNIT I WISH I WAS THERE!!! AARRGGHH!!!!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

OniCourseMusha

Oh man....... don't get any ideas from comic con.  I have a bad feeling about next year's fanime....
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

deonchan

Video found

http://blip.tv/play/g7VSgfCpCQI%2Em4v

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Glitch

Quote from: deonchan on July 24, 2010, 02:47:35 AM

Video found

http://blip.tv/play/g7VSgfCpCQI%2Em4v

Lol. Just like us, the fanboys at Comic con made a hilarious party out of the situation.(they have a Jesus too.XD)
I'm surprised how low key the WBC seemed. They didn't seem as determined as the jerkoffs we have to deal with.