Masquerade Contestants Only Info *FINAL LIST* 5/22/2011 [CLOSED]

Started by angeljibrille, May 31, 2010, 10:18:02 PM

angeljibrille

Hi everyone,

I did pull a few entries after going through them because people had not followed the rules.

Here's the final list (no waiting list! everyone is in):

https://www.anime-online.com/fanime-cosplay/list.php

I'm officialy going "e-mail and forums" silent at this point as far as Masquerade goes. We'll see you at the convention!

Make sure you check on on Friday or Saturday :)

Thanks!
Marisa

For those of you using video:

The two screens are hung from the rafters on either side of the stage.
They are widescreen (16:9) and do HD natively. They are also really
big. They do not interfere with the action on stage. Videos can be
played via a computer or DVD player.

Stage Questions:

(you are looking at the stage from the audience perspective)

You will be entering Stage Left, and exiting Stage Right.

Please adjust accordingly!

Marisa :)

If you need to check your assigned judging time, you can still log in and see it:

https://www.anime-online.com/fanime-cosplay/

I've had a few groups drop out, please check here for where you are on the Waiting List:

https://www.anime-online.com/fanime-cosplay/list.php

I'm *only* answering e-mails if it involves dropping out of the Masquerade or really important questions. The rest can wait until the convention at this point. Thanks :)  (I have a ton to do! Thanks for understanding).

Please note I updated the Masquerade Timeline!

Minor changes on the whole, but we *did* move up the Masquerade Rehearsal from 1pm - 4pm.

Please review the changes here:
http://www.fanime.com/cosplay/#0.5_Masquerade_Timeline

ALL updates, including when the web site data is posted, will be listed here in this very post. Please look to this post for udpates!

Weapons Policy questions should be directed to [email protected], not to me.

Thanks everyone!

Marisa
Masquerade Coordinator

FabulousLuigi

Oh thank god, short-shorts are still allowed on stage!

angeljibrille

Quote from: FabulousLuigi on May 31, 2010, 11:25:07 PM
Oh thank god, short-shorts are still allowed on stage!

LOL. You should have heard how disappointed the audience was when you all were not there to pick up your award. :)

Dany

Speaking of updates, any ETA on when the full results will be posted? I'd love to know who all got what (I had a hard time keeping track and it was a little hard to hear, especially earlier on).

Thank you SO much for everything, by the way....you and yours were awesome sauce!
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

angeljibrille

Quote from: Dany on June 01, 2010, 09:42:27 PM
Speaking of updates, any ETA on when the full results will be posted? I'd love to know who all got what (I had a hard time keeping track and it was a little hard to hear, especially earlier on).

Thank you SO much for everything, by the way....you and yours were awesome sauce!

Yus! I will do this tonight. I'm sorry, I pretty much slept all of Monday and yesterday was a heck day at work. I will post it tonight, I promise. Thanks!

Marisa

angeljibrille

Moved list of winners, etc., to here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14538.0.html

ayame_nguyen

just incase i might forget later on, i'll ask this now and you can just reply in 2011 XD haha.
what's the dress code, after reading "Oh thank god, short-shorts are still allowed on stage!" i'm kinda worried lol.
for example black rock shooter. would that be allowed on stage? short shorts & bikini top w/ open jacket

himitsu_

I understand that registration begins in April of next year,
but is it possible for those that don't pre-register for Fanime to register for the Masquerade?

Because my skit/cosplay group and I can only make one con day, I believe (so we'd buy Fanime tickets the day of).

Nemuren

I don't see any confirmation in the forums or on the Fanime site, so I was wondering if it's safe to assume the masquerade will be held on Saturday as it has been for the last few years.

wolfdaemon

Quote from: Nemuren on January 24, 2011, 12:16:23 PM
I don't see any confirmation in the forums or on the Fanime site, so I was wondering if it's safe to assume the masquerade will be held on Saturday as it has been for the last few years.

I would assume so too.  It's like that with every con that I've been to and it works best with people's schedules if it's on the Saturday.

forever adel

I'm not sure if this has been asked already but how do we sign up for the "catwalk" portion in the beginning? not the skit, but where we would just walk up then leave? do we sign up for that the same time that masquerade sign ups are happening?

thanks =]
You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com

angeljibrille

Quote from: forever adel on February 14, 2011, 12:37:49 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked already but how do we sign up for the "catwalk" portion in the beginning? not the skit, but where we would just walk up then leave? do we sign up for that the same time that masquerade sign ups are happening?

thanks =]

Yep, same time. You MUST be judged for Crafsmanship if you want to do this though! :)

Ali

Will the dimensions of the stage (preferably also the lighted portion) be made available before the con? That would help a bit with arranging our blocking. Otherwise we'll definitely be attending the rehearsal, but I would assume we're not supposed to use too much time there.

Clothes make the man.
Naked people have little or no influence in society.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Ali on February 15, 2011, 11:04:58 AM
Will the dimensions of the stage (preferably also the lighted portion) be made available before the con? That would help a bit with arranging our blocking. Otherwise we'll definitely be attending the rehearsal, but I would assume we're not supposed to use too much time there.

Yes, it was in my initial files, but the file I had was pre-construction on the Civic. A new PDF should be posted soon. However, it's a standard stage. I believe it is 50' W  x 30' D but that may not be completely accurate, I'm not sure if that includes the stage wings and such. That's basically the Proscenium Opening visible to the audience.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Nemuren on January 24, 2011, 12:16:23 PM

No, it is on Sunday this year!

Ali

Quote from: angeljibrille on February 15, 2011, 12:45:13 PM
Yes, it was in my initial files, but the file I had was pre-construction on the Civic. A new PDF should be posted soon. However, it's a standard stage. I believe it is 50' W  x 30' D but that may not be completely accurate, I'm not sure if that includes the stage wings and such. That's basically the Proscenium Opening visible to the audience.

If I'm remembering correctly from last year, though, only a portion of that was actually lit. Are those dimensions something you arrange beforehand, or only when the con actually has the stage?
Clothes make the man.
Naked people have little or no influence in society.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Ali on February 15, 2011, 12:56:59 PM
Quote from: angeljibrille on February 15, 2011, 12:45:13 PM

If I'm remembering correctly from last year, though, only a portion of that was actually lit. Are those dimensions something you arrange beforehand, or only when the con actually has the stage?

I cannot have that information for you in advance, I apologize. However, it's standard practice to only have a portion of the stage lit. You just need to make sure you reduce the area you are performing in. It's generally the front half of the stage.

angeljibrille

Quote from: ayame_nguyen on July 07, 2010, 02:09:27 PM
just incase i might forget later on, i'll ask this now and you can just reply in 2011 XD haha.
what's the dress code, after reading "Oh thank god, short-shorts are still allowed on stage!" i'm kinda worried lol.
for example black rock shooter. would that be allowed on stage? short shorts & bikini top w/ open jacket

He was joking. It's more than fine. As long as you aren't, ah, "showing anything non-PG" and nothing pops out of your costume (think Janet Jackson), you are good to go :)

azreale

Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)