Masquerade Contestants Only Info *FINAL LIST* 5/22/2011 [CLOSED]

Started by angeljibrille, May 31, 2010, 10:18:02 PM

Dilemma

So, why Sunday? haha (cause it seems that it tends to be on Saturday.)

Excitement :)

Kimba616

Quote from: Dilemma on February 16, 2011, 05:19:48 PM
So, why Sunday?

I'm wondering this as well.  Kind of messes up my gathering schedule. *sigh* Sunday night is usually when I leave... half of my group has work the next morning. :/

forever adel

Quote from: angeljibrille on February 14, 2011, 10:10:54 PM
Quote from: forever adel on February 14, 2011, 12:37:49 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked already but how do we sign up for the "catwalk" portion in the beginning? not the skit, but where we would just walk up then leave? do we sign up for that the same time that masquerade sign ups are happening?

thanks =]

Yep, same time. You MUST be judged for Crafsmanship if you want to do this though! :)
how do I do that, is it a preliminary type of thing before I can sign up?
You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com

angeljibrille

Hi all,

As far as the schedule of the Masquerade goes, that is not my decision. It's the result of all kinds of negotiations with the senior staff, the Civic, the other performances, and the union.  There's going to be an official announcement on behalf of the convention somtime soon, but this is actually a restoration of how it was .. 3 years ago? The Saturday event schedule was actually a new (and apparently temporary) change the past couple years, and we are going back to the original schedule.

I'm sorry for those it will inconvienence, and happy for those it will help out (a lot of people had trouble getting judged / registered on Friday due to work obligations). It's just a change and hopefully it will work out for the best! :)

~M

angeljibrille

Quote from: forever adel on February 16, 2011, 10:21:14 PM

Please read the rules, it's all explained there:
http://www.fanime.com/cosplay/#masquerade

kagome437

:( sad its on sunday, wont be there this year. but hey i hope everyone in it and watching has the best time ever.
i hope next years will be held on a saterday so i can participate too. ^^

MokurenTattoo

Sorry if this has already been answered, I didn't see it... are you allowed to participate in two Masquerade skits?
2012 Cosplays:
Hope Estheim (FFXIII) | Finnian (Kuroshitsuji) | Luka Megurine (Vocaloid) | Kagome Higurashi (InuYasha) | Kathy (Harvest Moon) | Kida Masaomi (DRRR!!)

forever adel

Quote from: angeljibrille on February 16, 2011, 10:42:38 PM
Quote from: forever adel on February 16, 2011, 10:21:14 PM

soooo the cosplay spectacular is not the same as the walk ons? For a cosplay group, we need to all submit pictures to the judges of our costumes? Do I only need to register for a time frame for judging before the masquerade?

also, it says you have to make your own costume--one of the cosplayers in my group is a suit, is that allowed?
thanks again
You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com

angeljibrille

I'll repeat:

For example:
» All Craftsmanship judging participants must also be approved entries for Cosplay Spectacular and must participate (with a presentation or a walk-on) in Cosplay Spectacular on Sunday, May 29, 2011.

» All Craftsmanship Judging occurs prior to Cosplay Spectacular itself. Details on times & locations for Craftsmanship Judging are provided on the Cosplay Spectacular Timeline.

» We STRONGLY DISCOURAGE walk-ons and display-only entries . FanimeCon has always been known for its amazing performances. A walk-on is when you walk on the stage, pose, and walk off the stage. Please try to come up with some sort of minimal performance, at the very least several poses. Dialogue is not required. If you insist on being a walk-on, we are going to have a "fashion show" type segment where all walk-ons will be clustered together one after another to some pre-selected music montage.

Quote from: forever adel on February 18, 2011, 01:00:33 AM
soooo the cosplay spectacular is not the same as the walk ons? For a cosplay group, we need to all submit pictures to the judges of our costumes? Do I only need to register for a time frame for judging before the masquerade?

also, it says you have to make your own costume--one of the cosplayers in my group is a suit, is that allowed?
thanks again

This would fall under:

Exception 1: "Found Item" costumes are allowed. This is basically a costume that was built by collecting various appropriate pieces from normal clothing stores and combining them together in a unique way (with or without sewing) to make a costume.

angeljibrille

Quote from: MokurenTattoo on February 17, 2011, 05:32:29 PM
Sorry if this has already been answered, I didn't see it... are you allowed to participate in two Masquerade skits?

No, you may not.

For example:

» Each contestant may present (wear) one and only one costume, or a group of people may wear one costume at the same time (i.e., a large costume that requires several people inside to move it). Multiple entries worn by the same person, or one entry worn by multiple people at different times, will not be allowed. No exceptions.

Jinto

Ok last year was the first time I ever went to a con and I loved it! This year I'm going with a bit more experience.
One thing I missed out on last year was the Masquerade skits, I am hell bent on going this year.
So I need to ask the following:

Do the seats fill up fast? As in, in pass years have people been turned away because the room was too full?
How early is recommended to go to get a great seat? I know seating starts at 6, what time is genuine to start heading over?

angeljibrille

Wow, I wish I knew the answer to this, but this probably isn't the best place to ask -- I've never really been involved with the lines at all because we are running the event. The only thing I have to do with the lines is telling the theater staff to open the doors at a certain time to start seating.

This thread is more for questions for those who are going to be participating in the event (doing a performance) so you might find out more information posting a general thread.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help :) We hope you enjoy the show!

Marisa
Masquerade Head

Quote from: Jinto on February 21, 2011, 05:46:09 PM
Ok last year was the first time I ever went to a con and I loved it! This year I'm going with a bit more experience.
One thing I missed out on last year was the Masquerade skits, I am hell bent on going this year.
So I need to ask the following:

Do the seats fill up fast? As in, in pass years have people been turned away because the room was too full?
How early is recommended to go to get a great seat? I know seating starts at 6, what time is genuine to start heading over?

Jinto

Quote from: angeljibrille on February 21, 2011, 08:29:38 PM
Wow, I wish I knew the answer to this, but this probably isn't the best place to ask -- I've never really been involved with the lines at all because we are running the event. The only thing I have to do with the lines is telling the theater staff to open the doors at a certain time to start seating.

This thread is more for questions for those who are going to be participating in the event (doing a performance) so you might find out more information posting a general thread.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help :) We hope you enjoy the show!

Marisa
Masquerade Head

Quote from: Jinto on February 21, 2011, 05:46:09 PM

Thank ;D
No problem and sorry for posting it in the wrong section  :-X

clawmaster

I am looking through the info about the masquerade information, Where exactly are the lights going to be coming from? And is it possible to request the lights to be dimmed down or set to a different color?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

angeljibrille

Quote from: clawmaster on February 23, 2011, 11:47:29 PM
I am looking through the info about the masquerade information, Where exactly are the lights going to be coming from? And is it possible to request the lights to be dimmed down or set to a different color?

Dimmed down = no problem.

Different color = maybe.

Sometimes they have gels (for changing  color) and sometimes they don't. It's not something I will be able to tell you in advance.

We can promise we can do fade in / fade out, start black / end black, but that's about it.

Sorry!
Marisa

clawmaster

okay thats fine. Let us know if that is an option before april 1st hits. ^^b

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

DracoMancer

[edit] redirecting post
"A burrito? That is so pathetic. I WANT A TACO!" -Grimmjow voice actor.

angeljibrille

Quote from: DracoMancer on February 24, 2011, 01:44:26 PM
Fanime was being run just fine the way it was.......but this is just sad.

So.... this thread is for contestants in the Masquerade to ask questions about their participation.

Unfortunately, there's *absolutely nothing* I can personally do about the date/time of the Masquerade. I have 0 influence in this matter.

I really don't want to clog up this thread with these topics, and I'm going to strongly suggest that if you want to make a difference, post in this thread:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/board,37.0.html

The people who read that thread are the ones you need to speak to.

Thanks!
Marisa

DracoMancer

alrighty, and thank you. i shall direct my post there and edit my one here.
"A burrito? That is so pathetic. I WANT A TACO!" -Grimmjow voice actor.

Teca

The Miyazaki group last year used the screens for displaying some video, but I don't see any information on the rules about how to submit that and what files type it needs to be. Could you expand on this please? Is this still an option for groups to use?