Masquerade Contestants Only Info *FINAL LIST* 5/22/2011 [CLOSED]

Started by angeljibrille, May 31, 2010, 10:18:02 PM

angeljibrille

Quote from: Teca on February 26, 2011, 04:40:45 PM
The Miyazaki group last year used the screens for displaying some video, but I don't see any information on the rules about how to submit that and what files type it needs to be. Could you expand on this please? Is this still an option for groups to use?

Yes, you are welcome to use video. You *need* to submit it as soon as possible at the convention, so we can test it out to make sure it will work (and we need to rebalance video, etc.).

As far as format, we can support most standard formats. You might want to be safe and have it in a couple of "traditional" types.

Marisa

clawmaster

sweet I was going to ask that. Awesome, huzzah!

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

clawmaster

Actually I have another question about the lights, is it possible to flicker the lights fast?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

angeljibrille

Quote from: clawmaster on March 03, 2011, 04:10:46 PM
Actually I have another question about the lights, is it possible to flicker the lights fast?

Not sure of that either. I would say "plan for it not working, and if it does... yay!"

Also, if you want this kind of stuff, note it in your lighting requests and you *must* come to rehearsal.

~m

clawmaster

ah okay got ya. I have something awesome planned for this year's masquerade!

Kiara

Is there a height restriction for a backdrop? Because we wanted to have 2 big storybooks, at 8ft tall each. Would that work?

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Kiara on March 06, 2011, 10:24:13 AM
Is there a height restriction for a backdrop? Because we wanted to have 2 big storybooks, at 8ft tall each. Would that work?

As long as you follow the following guidelines, it's fine:

• If you have a large prop such as huge wings, huge backgrounds, or other huge props, you MUST show up at the Rehearsal to drop them off and make arrangements with the stage manager, or you WILL NOT be allowed to bring them onstage.

» All large props (including scenery, backgrounds, etc.) must be easy to assemble and disassemble. Immediately after your performance, you must tear down anything that cannot be removed from the theater as a whole unit at the end of the Masquerade. All large props or complicated setups *must* be declared in advance (in detail) in your Registration Database entry.» At the end of the Masquerade, all items need to be removed from backstage during the awards ceremony. If you need to add an additional stage ninja to your group to perform this task, let me know in advance.

» Any large props (such as backgrounds and scenery) must be pre-approved by the Masquerade Coordinator ([email protected]).

Hakaru_chan

Hey! It's the producer of the Undergrad Heroes - Hakaru chan (Angelica C.)

thanks again for answering one of my guy's (andrew d.) emails a few days ago. We all thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

I TOLD THEM THAT THE SKIT WASN'T ANIME ENOUGH BUT DO THEY LISTEN? no...lol

just for the update as well.we're changing the characters more now so the "exes" are more like "anime boyfriends" :)

ALSO: So we CAN use video now? SWEET!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT FOR SO LONG!

but then again..with the 2min30sec limit..adding video DOES count into those precious seconds huh? :/

many thanks again!

Hakaru Chan
Producer of the Undergrad Heroes
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

angeljibrille

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on March 08, 2011, 06:21:11 PM
just for the update as well.we're changing the characters more now so the "exes" are more like "anime boyfriends" :)

Perfect :)

ALSO: So we CAN use video now? SWEET!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT FOR SO LONG!

but then again..with the 2min30sec limit..adding video DOES count into those precious seconds huh? :/

Yes you can use video, but yes it does have to be within the 2.5 minute rule.

If you use video you *must* come to the rehearsal. T

angeljibrille

Hi all,

Please see the first post:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14454.msg385022.html#msg385022

Specifics on video entries.

This will be added to the Official Rules sometime today.

Marisa

Dilemma

Teca

Okay Marisa, I have a couple of questions, and you'll have to excuse me if these are in the rules and I just didn't see them, but I've read through the whole set a few times and couldn't seem to find the info.

First of all, once we register for the Masq, can we add/subtract/replace people as long as they register for the con and we let you know? One of our girls has asked for the time off but doesn't know if she is going to get it yet, but we would still like to register for a spot in case she does. That will be alright correct?

Second question is just double-checking that everyone in the group does not have to be pre-registered for the con, just has to have a badge by the time we check-in.

Last question is about the video rules; we're doing an anime that is historically based and we would like to make a joke about how one of the characters looks NOTHING like the actual person they are supposed to be. Is it alright if we have an image of a painting of the real person to reference how off the anime character design is?

Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

angeljibrille

QuoteFirst of all, once we register for the Masq, can we add/subtract/replace people as long as they register for the con and we let you know? One of our girls has asked for the time off but doesn't know if she is going to get it yet, but we would still like to register for a spot in case she does. That will be alright correct?

Yes, you basically register for the Masquerade (on 4/1/11 @ 11:59pm). You need to register at least one person at that time.

Because you have a username/password, you can log back in and change stuff until 5/16/11 (@ 11:59pm). You can add up to 11 more people to your skit (12 total) and even change what it's about, but it gets locked down to "set" on 5/16. After that point you can make small changes at the convention (such as people not being in your skit) but we need to know the series and the content of your skit by 5/16 and that can't change. This is basically so people don't register to do "Black Butler" then show up as Dora the Explorer (not allowed) instead.

Second question is just double-checking that everyone in the group does not have to be pre-registered for the con, just has to have a badge by the time we check-in.

This is correct. It's because we nee to slap a sticker on the back of the badge to show you are in the Masquerade. So, no badge, no sticker. But you can get an at-con pass, even a day-pass, I don't care. You just need a badge so we can put the sticker on it.

Last question is about the video rules; we're doing an anime that is historically based and we would like to make a joke about how one of the characters looks NOTHING like the actual person they are supposed to be. Is it alright if we have an image of a painting of the real person to reference how off the anime character design is?

This shouldn't be a problem.

The reason why I'm being a little bit stressed about this is because if someone puts up something like ... a clip from Scott Pilgrim, or Enchanted, or some other "American" movie... we'll get sued.

So, I'm trying to ensure that we don't get sued ^_^;;

I also don't want people putting up videos of people not involved in their skit, because we could run into issues of "using my face without permission".

Anime companies have been tolerant of AMVs and such, so we are trying to stick within those accepted guidelines.

However, I know that some people like to do a video of themselves (or their group) in costume for the video performance. That's perfectly OK! We'll just have one extra form for you to sign when you check in.

Marisa

Teca

Thank you so much for the clarifications. <3 I totally understand the thinking on the video and that is probably the best way to go. Being sued is never fun. Looking forward to registering in two weeks!

Teca

Are the entrance and exit directions going to be the same as last year? Namely, enter from stage left and exit from stage right (we have no big props to store but two fairly large dress costumes that we'd like to plan ahead for if possible).

angeljibrille

Quote from: Teca on March 22, 2011, 12:44:39 PM
Are the entrance and exit directions going to be the same as last year? Namely, enter from stage left and exit from stage right (we have no big props to store but two fairly large dress costumes that we'd like to plan ahead for if possible).

I desperately want the entrance to be on the *opposite* side this year, but we will see -_- we had quite a few issues with the line control and that awful hallway. We need to go to the theater and see all the changes, so I won't have a response for this untill much closer to the convention.

DivineVTDragon

Is there any more information about the At-Con limited services for pre-recording and mixing?

And is it possible to change costumes (or something more comfortable) after the skit/performance is over (after the "Photo Area")? I ask because I plan to be in something doesn't breath very well and it becomes hot/humid VERY quickly.

Teca

Quote from: angeljibrille on March 22, 2011, 08:39:26 PM
I desperately want the entrance to be on the *opposite* side this year, but we will see -_- we had quite a few issues with the line control and that awful hallway. We need to go to the theater and see all the changes, so I won't have a response for this untill much closer to the convention.

Aaahhhh I totally understand. Just let us know when you know then. ^.^ Thank you!

angeljibrille

Quote from: DivineVTDragon on March 22, 2011, 11:38:49 PM
Is there any more information about the At-Con limited services for pre-recording and mixing?

And is it possible to change costumes (or something more comfortable) after the skit/performance is over (after the "Photo Area")? I ask because I plan to be in something doesn't breath very well and it becomes hot/humid VERY quickly.

Part 1:
Our sound guy has a laptop and a mic. He can help you record some limited stuff. Not any more high-tech than you can do at home. Also, you usually have background noise problems because of the convention - we don't have a quiet room for recording. Honestly, it's only for people who are *desperate* and have no other way to do it on their own. We don't suggest it if you can record it in advance at home, or in your hotel room at the convention.

Part 2:
Absolutely :)  We don't want you to suffer. Also, please note in your registration about your costume and we'll make sure your group goes early.

Ali

Quote from: angeljibrille on March 22, 2011, 08:39:26 PM
Quote from: Teca on March 22, 2011, 12:44:39 PM

Oh, I really hope it's on the other side, too. Lining up in that hallway was pretty awkward. My group'll have a couple tricky costumes and a large prop, so we'd definitely prefer to enter from the side with all the room :)
Clothes make the man.
Naked people have little or no influence in society.