Masquerade Contestants Only Info *FINAL LIST* 5/22/2011 [CLOSED]

Started by angeljibrille, May 31, 2010, 10:18:02 PM

angeljibrille

Quote from: Dilemma on May 01, 2011, 10:40:08 AM
Quote from: angeljibrille on April 29, 2011, 01:17:56 PM
Quote from: Teca on April 26, 2011, 07:09:04 PM
Question about craftsmanship judging! Just double-checking that it's like last year where we do not have to wear the costumes to the judging, merely bring them and all of our documentation.

This is accurate :)

Can we wear them to the judging, though? If so, which would be preferred?  o:

either is fine!! :)

angeljibrille

Just to let you all know, I'm here and we are going to be posting as scheduled :) No emergencies tonight.

Thanks!
Marisa

Teca

Wow, it even opened early! I was able to submit mine just now!

Dilemma

angeljibrille

I already approved a few of them that came in -- so you can check and see which time you were assigned.

I'll work on more of these tomorrow~ going to bed ^_^

Thanks all!

Marisa

Dilemma

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 02, 2011, 12:05:14 AM
I already approved a few of them that came in -- so you can check and see which time you were assigned.

I'll work on more of these tomorrow~ going to bed ^_^

Thanks all!

Marisa

Wow! Thank you very much =D

captboog

Question, if my group registered this evening, and we are number 79 on the list, how likely is it that we will still be able to perform? if it's unlikely, then that might affect whether or not we can even try to make the skit happen.

angeljibrille

Quote from: captboog on May 02, 2011, 11:20:56 PM
Question, if my group registered this evening, and we are number 79 on the list, how likely is it that we will still be able to perform? if it's unlikely, then that might affect whether or not we can even try to make the skit happen.

So -- every year we have *at least* 25 groups drop. I've never had a year where people didn't flake in droves, even groups I usually consdier to be rock solid. People either don't finish their costumes, or find something else to do at the convention, or people can't make it due to emergencies, or (most often) the group has a massive rage fight with each other and dramatically quits never to be friends again. I'm so jaded at this point :D  I've been doing this since 1998 -- and it *always* happens like this, at every single convention.

We usually end up with about 45 groups total at the actual convention who do everything they are supposed to do (show up, check in at the convention, turn in music/video, optionally get craftsmanship judging, and show up for the mandatory meeting on Sunday and the Masq itself).

So, we *STRONGLY* suggest you show up at the convention and turn in your music and get checked in, whether you are on the waiting list or fully registered. If you do everything you are supposed to do, you have a very good chance of getting in, and I can let you know for sure by 6pm on Saturday.

If you are a walk-on, you are also very likely to definitely make it in. The fashion show portion (at the start) is quick and easy, as all the craftmanship judging was done on Friday or Saturday, so we can usually squeeze a few more entries in here. However, display entries do only get the quick walk on, pose, walk off treatment.  If we fill up the 50 slots and have 2-3 skit groups on the waiting list, we might be able to accomodate you, depending on how long the program is (for example, if everyone has 2.5 minute skits, it's unlikely, but if we have some 1 minute skits, etc., the overall time of the program can be padded a little bit).

So this is a long way of me saying "you have a pretty good chance if you check in". So come check in at the convention on Friday or Saturday! :)

Thanks!
Marisa

captboog

Ok, thank you! i'm glad, i was really worried that my group was too late. again, thanks!

Hakaru_chan

Marissa!! AHH! my email on my group account for the Undergrad Heroes has been compromised and needs to be changed to a new one! i can't write an email to you using that "contact coordinator" thing on the website cause it keeps saying error! can i just pm you here or would you like in email? :)
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

angeljibrille

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on May 04, 2011, 07:49:02 PM
Marissa!! AHH! my email on my group account for the Undergrad Heroes has been compromised and needs to be changed to a new one! i can't write an email to you using that "contact coordinator" thing on the website cause it keeps saying error! can i just pm you here or would you like in email? :)

PM me the new e-mail. Or try e-mailing [email protected] (it's weird that it's not working?)

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 05, 2011, 08:02:47 AM
Quote from: Hakaru_chan on May 04, 2011, 07:49:02 PM

PM me the new e-mail. Or try e-mailing [email protected] (it's weird that it's not working?)

ok so i sent the pm a while ago.just making sure you got it :)
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Teca

Marissa, can you tell us how the rehearsal on Sunday is going to work? Is it going to be numerically? What if we have someone who can only be there for a short period of time due to circumstances?

Hakaru_chan

ok! so im trying to find it in other posts..but im soo confused and its really early in the morning :(

where are the stage measurements posted?

i know its in a thread here somewhere...

UPDATE: OH WAIT! i found the guy that asked the question about the dimensions but then you said there would be a pdf. file of it? where is that at? :/
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

angeljibrille

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on May 13, 2011, 09:16:06 AM
ok! so im trying to find it in other posts..but im soo confused and its really early in the morning :(

where are the stage measurements posted?

i know its in a thread here somewhere...

UPDATE: OH WAIT! i found the guy that asked the question about the dimensions but then you said there would be a pdf. file of it? where is that at? :/

Check this file:
http://www.sanjose.org/EC2/sitepdfs/civic-center-seating.pdf

Second page, underneath the pink area. I think you want the "Proscenium Opening (49'9" x 30')" opening size as opposed to the actual stage size. That's basically the area you can see from the audience. Also, remember, we use mostly the front half of the stage for lighting reasons, so you should try to use the front half.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Teca on May 12, 2011, 03:15:09 PM
Marissa, can you tell us how the rehearsal on Sunday is going to work? Is it going to be numerically? What if we have someone who can only be there for a short period of time due to circumstances?

Let us know when you check in and we'll work something out for Sunday. I'll point you to Debra, my stage manager, and she'll work it out with you.

angeljibrille

Confirmation e-mails just went out. If you didn't get one, let me know! They went out to Walk-ons, Fully Registered, and Waiting List people.

Teca

Marissa, have do we know for sure which side of the stage we're entering and exiting from?

angeljibrille

Quote from: Teca on May 18, 2011, 03:27:19 PM
Marissa, have do we know for sure which side of the stage we're entering and exiting from?

(you are looking at the stage from the audience perspective)

You will be entering Stage Left, and exiting Stage Right.

Marisa

Ali

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 19, 2011, 12:32:45 PM
Quote from: Teca on May 18, 2011, 03:27:19 PM

(you are looking at the stage from the audience perspective)

You will be entering Stage Left, and exiting Stage Right.

Marisa

So the same as last year?  With large props over on Stage Right?
Clothes make the man.
Naked people have little or no influence in society.