Ninja game!

Started by pikaachi, May 31, 2010, 11:10:53 PM

pikaachi

Hey fanime! It was my first time playing the Ninja game. I think it's one of the best game you could play when you got nothing but your bodies. I've always been stuck playing finger game and such. I think this game would really help when there's too much sugar to handle.

Thanks to those who taught me how to play it and also those who played with me saturday night and sunday after midnight @_@ I had so much fun from this. I think this is one of the reasons my legs are aching right now. >_<

Boozer

yea i hear you on this one if i was not dancing or parting i was playing ninja all night

Aeredon

Are there any videos of the ninja games up yet?

Relsek

Definitely agree with this. I was playing from about 1am saturday night till 5:45am then about the same the next night.

There should totally be an official convention ninja tournament next year. Everyone signed up could be split up into like 8 (or 16 depending on the number of registrants) groups. Then the winners from each group could face off in 1v1 matches like a standard ladder tournament to decide an overall winner. Would anyone else be interested in this?

As to videos, I think I have 1 or 2 short ones I could post. They aren't a very good representation of the awesomeness though. I'll put them on youtube and repost here when done.

Boozer

sweet i d like to see it i know last year i was in one. that the guy made when he had djed music for us remember aeredon.
but there was a chan 15 news there recording some of our games sunday night they told me they try to air some on friday i will try to get video and upload it later

Aeredon

Yeeee thank you, Relsek! I'm down in the tournament idea, but we really need to start discussing and cracking down on the rules. Too many people were moving their hands back after attempting to strike. I'm not talking about a full swing either, but more like a jab. Also, when did we go from being able to do one fluid motions to being able to take two steps and then doing twirls and things like that? >_>;;

There were also some great new additions to some of the circles this year though. Having a ref pointing randomly at the person who should be taking their turn, having multiple people going at the same time, everyone taking a turn to get up from uncomfortable positions, etc. I heard that there was a team ninja game, but I wasn't actually there to watch it ; ;

We definitely need someone to dj for us again next year :D Last year I was so pumped and constantly jumping like a freak all the time because of the high energy music >w< That also resulted in me playing non-stop for about 4-6 hours though. I had such a hard time walking down the stairs the next day to leave fanime x_x

Boozer

Quote from: Aeredon on June 01, 2010, 05:47:43 PM
Yeeee thank you, Relsek! I'm down in the tournament idea, but we really need to start discussing and cracking down on the rules. Too many people were moving their hands back after attempting to strike. I'm not talking about a full swing either, but more like a jab. Also, when did we go from being able to do one fluid motions to being able to take two steps and then doing twirls and things like that? >_>;;

There were also some great new additions to some of the circles this year though. Having a ref pointing randomly at the person who should be taking their turn, having multiple people going at the same time, everyone taking a turn to get up from uncomfortable positions, etc. I heard that there was a team ninja game, but I wasn't actually there to watch it ; ;

We definitely need someone to dj for us again next year :D Last year I was so pumped and constantly jumping like a freak all the time because of the high energy music >w< That also resulted in me playing non-stop for about 4-6 hours though. I had such a hard time walking down the stairs the next day to leave fanime x_x
yea same thing happened here and here i thought i learned my lesson and did the same thing and am recovering my calf and dislocated shoulder atm

pikaachi

Haha dislocated shoulder. Nice to know there are others whose bodies feel the same way XD
We really should clear up the rules for next year. Knowing who goes next is tricky enough, so the rules should be crystal clear and obeyed.

cappeh

my middle finger got injured by ninja but i love ninja so i forgive him.

and yeah!
QuoteAlso, when did we go from being able to do one fluid motions to being able to take two steps and then doing twirls and things like that? >_>;;
i saw that too and was angered. i even tried to call that shhh out while i was watching but no one else said anything.  >:( like bros, 2 steps is not fluid or fast enough for ninja no matter how ninja you may think you are.
hi i lav u

Relsek

@Aeredon I completely agree with you about the rules. It really frustrated me how much people were moving around. Here, I'll start a list of rules. If anyone has something to add let me know.

1) Moving:
    a) Only 1 jump OR step is allowed.
    b) Head movement is always allowed.
    c) Exact position (besides head) must be held between turns unless dodging.

2) Attack:
    a) 1 fluid motion that must begin before your body stops moving (unless no step is taken).
    b) Both hands can be moved at once, but not one after the other.
    c) Your hand(s) must remain where they are when they stop moving.
           ie. In a jab, you can't retract your hand after it stops moving in the original direction.
    d) Flinching is allowed.
     e) You must start your attack within 5 seconds of the end of the previous person's move.

3) Dodging:
    a) 1 fluid motion that must begin after your attacker starts moving.
    b) Only 1 foot can move from it's position on the floor.
    b) If you move because an opponent flinches, you must return to your original position immediately.

4) Finals:
     a) Start back to back.
     b) After a count-down both players jump away into their stances.
     c) The player that didn't move last before the back-to-back goes first.

Additionally play areas can be marked out for the whole group and/or for the finals. A player would be out if they stepped at least 1 foot entirely outside of the line.

What does everyone think about these?

Crewd

I was the kappa playing ninja monday morning. (buzzed and awake the entire con :3)

Hey to anyone who remembers

I thought of hosting a tournament as well.

Already decided the winning system

Each player plays 3 games with 10 people at a time (depending how many show up of coarse)
you get points for your placement
whoever has most points at end wins or tiebreaker

Relsek

So here's the only ninja video I have. It isn't much, but oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTowjLh0RDc

Boozer

Quote from: Relsek on June 01, 2010, 10:45:10 PM
@Aeredon I completely agree with you about the rules. It really frustrated me how much people were moving around. Here, I'll start a list of rules. If anyone has something to add let me know.

1) Moving:

2) Attack:
    a) 1 fluid motion that must begin before your body stops moving (unless no step is taken).
           ie. In a jab, you can't retract your hand after it stops moving in the original direction.
    d) Flinching is allowed.

3) Dodging:
    b) If you move because an opponent flinches, you must return to your original position immediately.

i like this and it sounds true to the original rules the only thing i want to add to it since it works is  for final 3-4 people to circle around them a bit so they are forced to attack then retreat across the whole room as well as 2-3 seconds between attacks

Relsek

Quote from: Boozer on June 02, 2010, 12:18:16 AM
Quote from: Relsek on June 01, 2010, 10:45:10 PM

1) Moving:

2) Attack:
    d) Flinching is allowed.

3) Dodging:

i like this and it sounds true to the original rules the only thing i want to add to it since it works is  for final 3-4 people to circle around them a bit so they are forced to attack then retreat across the whole room as well as 2-3 seconds between attacks
okay, thanks for the recommendations. i added to the rules to account for them.

pikaachi

So can you move your hands up then down?

Relsek

Quote from: pikaachi on June 02, 2010, 04:27:34 PM
So can you move your hands up then down?
Only if it's in a smooth arc, not a jab/jerky motion.

Impulse

Quote from: pikaachi on May 31, 2010, 11:10:53 PM
Hey fanime! It was my first time playing the Ninja game. I think it's one of the best game you could play when you got nothing but your bodies. I've always been stuck playing finger game and such. I think this game would really help when there's too much sugar to handle.

Thanks to those who taught me how to play it and also those who played with me saturday night and sunday after midnight @_@ I had so much fun from this. I think this is one of the reasons my legs are aching right now. >_<

After midnight? o_o were you on the chess board playing this and was there a guy in a chair playing against you?
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.

Relsek

Quote from: Impulse on June 02, 2010, 10:18:35 PM

After midnight? o_o were you on the chess board playing this and was there a guy in a chair playing against you?
Hey, I was playing on the chessboard sunday night. was wearing a black shirt that said Cal Poly Nerds Rule!

Impulse

Quote from: Relsek on June 03, 2010, 01:25:24 AM
Quote from: Impulse on June 02, 2010, 10:18:35 PM

Hey, I was playing on the chessboard sunday night. was wearing a black shirt that said Cal Poly Nerds Rule!

Were you one of the guys or one of the three girls? I'm Earvin btw, I played in the chair.
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.

Aeredon

So when are we gonna have a ninja gathering? :D