FanimeCon 2010 eGaming (Console + PC) Event Results + Feedback Thread

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), June 01, 2010, 01:35:13 AM

Magical Senpai

PC Gaming: Were there more games available other than StarCraft? That's all I saw people playing when I passed by PC Gaming.

E-Gaming: The IIDX setup was nice, but when I played on Friday the 1P turntable wasn't working properly so I had to use Auto-Scratch. Also, the banner was a little confusing, as it said IIDX 17 Sirius, but the game interface was that of Empress. Also, the songlist was confusing as well, but as I understood it, it was custom.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

And so the tournament results are in:

FRIDAY:

Street Fighter III: Third Strike (PS2)
  • 1st: Andrew Alandy
  • 2nd: Marcos Blanco
  • 3rd: Kyle Boyd

Halo 3 (X360) - 4 Vs. 4
  • 1st: Team Wolves
  • 2nd: Team Blu

Super Mario Bros (NES) - Speed Run Contest
  • 1st: Jonathan Cervantes
  • 2nd: Michael Pack

SATURDAY:

DJ Hero (PS3)
  • 1st: Kyle (Roxas)
  • 2nd: Dan (Haseo)
  • 3rd: Phillip Reed

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS3)
  • 1st: Matthew
  • 2nd: Randy Mai
  • 3rd: Batman77

Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) - Competitive
  • 1st: Sean
  • 2nd: Michael

Dance Dance Revolution MAX2 (PS2) - Perfect Attack
  • 1st: John (KayOss)
  • 2nd: Twone (Son Rose)
  • 3rd: Peter (Hamm)

Super Street Fighter IV
  • 1st: Geoff Yoon
  • 2nd: Joshua Drake
  • 3rd: Andrew Alandy

SUNDAY:

Starcraft (PC)
  • 1st: Bob Ngyuen and Long Tran
  • 2nd: Edward Kim and Paul Oparko
NOTE: Bob won the special round

Pokemon (NDS) – Double Battle
  • 1st: Sean briscoe
  • 2nd: Sayura

Tetris DS (NDS)
  • 1st: Robert
  • 2nd: Edward

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars (Wii)
  • 1st: Traka
  • 2nd: Calvin
  • 3rd: Koru

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) - 4-Way FUBAR
  • 1st: Jackson
  • 2nd: sky

Left 4 Dead 2 (X360) - 4 Vs. 4
  • 1st: Team Cheater
  • 2nd: Black Power

Tekken 6 (PS3)
  • 1st: JTchinoy
  • 2nd: Renzo

================

Due to insufficient entries, Bleach Blade Battlers and Unreal Tournament were cancelled.

DDR Freestyle Exhibition will be uploaded soon. Stay Tuned.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Skyline

Quote from: Richie Likes Maids on June 02, 2010, 11:03:25 PM
E-Gaming: The IIDX setup was nice, but when I played on Friday the 1P turntable wasn't working properly so I had to use Auto-Scratch. Also, the banner was a little confusing, as it said IIDX 17 Sirius, but the game interface was that of Empress. Also, the songlist was confusing as well, but as I understood it, it was custom.

Ended up sorting it out around Saturday, worked great from then on.  I do recall a lot of double-triggering earlier in the con as well...made Light House pretty amusing to play.

As far as the interface, the best explaination that can be given is "empresses can get sirius too"  ._.'
FanimeCon: eGaming Staff, 2009-2011
Sac-Anime Summer/Winter: Console Game Room Staff, 2009-2011
SNAFU Con: Console Game Room Co-Director, 2010-2011

ZaichikArky

I didn't play any console games this year. I'm not really sure how they worked out. Is it that people get to check out the games they want to play or are the games just pre-determined? I really wanted to play super street fighter IV, but then someone told me that people were only allowed to play that during tournament times? I thought that was really lame.

In PAX, people get to just rent consoles and play whatever they want for a certain time period. It's a really good system because no one runs into the problem that I had- no one is playing anything you want to play.  Is it possible to do one of those systems? Other than that, I just wanted more consoles available to play and playing whatever game I wanted to play at whatever time.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: ZaichikArky on June 03, 2010, 12:03:16 PM
I didn't play any console games this year. I'm not really sure how they worked out. Is it that people get to check out the games they want to play or are the games just pre-determined? I really wanted to play super street fighter IV, but then someone told me that people were only allowed to play that during tournament times? I thought that was really lame.

There's nothing we can do about that in eGaming.  Because we also have to work with the Arcade, any games available at Arcade cannot be played on eGaming unless it's for tournament/event use only.

Quote from: ZaichikArky on June 03, 2010, 12:03:16 PMIn PAX, people get to just rent consoles and play whatever they want for a certain time period. It's a really good system because no one runs into the problem that I had- no one is playing anything you want to play.  Is it possible to do one of those systems? Other than that, I just wanted more consoles available to play and playing whatever game I wanted to play at whatever time.

What time were you at eGaming?  We has a system similar to it.

Virtual Boy

Quote from: AmazingKenchan on June 02, 2010, 10:57:15 PM
That dual-gun duck hunt tournament is sooooo on.
Holy crap! I totally forgot we came up with that idea! They great thing about that idea is that theres no current god of something like that so you don't really know whose gonna win!

Xepherian

On my friend's behalf, it was not cool seeing his Super C run end on loop 4 because someone wanted to take the TV for a tournament ):

this seems like a second language to me, what do you mean Ken? D:

JTchinoy

I saw that one of our corners was normally filled with classic systems and games.  Duck Hunt was on for like a whole day, then I saw megaman and some other old games running too.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Robo-tech

-Robo-Tech
E-Gaming Second, PC Gaming Co-Head, Fanimecon 2011

Robo-tech

I am working on several videos recorded for Stage Zero.  The three events filmed were:
Super Mario Bros. Speed Run
Super Street Fighter IV
DDR Freestyle

The first two are complete and linked below.  The last has only one video completed and uploaded.  More to come.

SMB Speed Run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Uv2Zasr80
SSF4: http://www.youtube.com/user/nuclearbastard#grid/user/E19BD1AB8F095F0E
-Robo-Tech

Virtual Boy

Quote from: Xepherian on June 04, 2010, 10:50:09 AM
On my friend's behalf, it was not cool seeing his Super C run end on loop 4 because someone wanted to take the TV for a tournament ):

this seems like a second language to me, what do you mean Ken? D:
:D

Thats funny cause I understood exactly what he said. Lol.

Pretty much someone was doin a Super Contra speed run but it ended on loop 4 (Im assuming stage/level 4) cuz the tv that was used to play it had to be taken away for a tournament... sucks for him, sadly.

Skyline

Loop 4 = Stage 4-x.  He had cleared the game three times previously and was playing through a fourth time, without continuing, using the same stock of lives, no Konami Code.  There is a noticeable difficulty spike with every new loop.

Not a lot of people can do this on Contra, much less Super C.

We will bring up the available TVs/stations situation for 2011.

EDIT:  Did ANYONE play Mario Kart (SNES) when it was running?  If not I am very surprised.
FanimeCon: eGaming Staff, 2009-2011
Sac-Anime Summer/Winter: Console Game Room Staff, 2009-2011
SNAFU Con: Console Game Room Co-Director, 2010-2011

abcbadcat

Quote from: Robo-tech on June 06, 2010, 02:21:12 AM
I am working on several videos recorded for Stage Zero.  The three events filmed were:
Super Mario Bros. Speed Run
Super Street Fighter IV
DDR Freestyle

The first two are complete and linked below.  The last has only one video completed and uploaded.  More to come.

SMB Speed Run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Uv2Zasr80
SSF4: http://www.youtube.com/user/nuclearbastard#grid/user/E19BD1AB8F095F0E

I wasn't even in the building for this lol

Glad to see the new characters being used :D

Xepherian

Hey man, why does nobody care about how well the l4d2 tournament went this year! ;c

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Xepherian on June 07, 2010, 02:31:11 PM
Hey man, why does nobody care about how well the l4d2 tournament went this year! ;c

Patience, my friend.  Feedback isn't lightspeed; it takes time for everyone to build their opinion and see what they liked or what we can do to make things better.   :P

Xepherian

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on June 07, 2010, 04:07:05 PM

Patience, my friend.  Feedback isn't lightspeed; it takes time for everyone to build their opinion and see what they liked or what we can do to make things better.   :P

it's like day +14 after fanime and nobody cares about me. :(

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Xepherian on June 11, 2010, 12:12:58 AM

You'd be surprised.  People won't discuss about things until probably January or so where FanimeCon gets close.  Rather than tell us while fresh in our heads, they tell us late and it becomes rushtime.  :P

Robo-tech

I have uploaded twelve videos from the DDR Freestyle Exhibition from Fanimecon 2010.  They have been arranged into a playlist for your viewing enjoyment.  Comments encouraged.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=163E0BC9D84D438D
-Robo-Tech

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Brutal

Quote from: Xepherian on June 11, 2010, 12:12:58 AM

Patience, my friend.  Feedback isn't lightspeed; it takes time for everyone to build their opinion and see what they liked or what we can do to make things better.   :P

I do! haha I was the only girl in the L4D2 tournament but my team lost because of the 2 random people we got </3
Next year will be better I hope (:

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku