Post-con depression! [PCD] 2010 version :(

Started by HarpB, May 31, 2010, 08:18:00 PM

Andy

I'm mad as well. This is my third Fanime and it feels like I did anything but Fanime this year. All I did was play magic and hustled money off room space I had. Oh well, it was the best Fanime I've had so far due to other reasons, but still, it went by super fast. I'm going to go to other cons and have lots of fun there, and also start reading more manga now since I haven't been doing that in a while. Overall, next year, it's going to be even more popping.

P.S: For all that have nothing to look forward to, FIFA World Cup 2010! Mexico all the way in this one!
Pro, as in: Accomplished, educated, perservering, passionate, precise, great, heroic, better than the rest, pokemon master. Jank, as in: weak, undernourished, failure, disgrace, uneducated, smellys like fish.

YinYang1st

I miss Fanime too, it was my first one ever! It was just too much fun. Played a lot of ninja there, anyone know the name of the guy dressed up as Kakashi playing Ninja?

Lan Moore

I did feel like it went by a lot faster then the last few years, I wish I could have made some more Con friends, damn my shyness.

abcbadcat

I thought the programming at this year's fanime was alright but its more about meeting new people, reconnecting with old friends, and just general having fun for 4 days straight.

I had a blast this year but it felt like it was over in literally the blink of an eye.

I cannot wait for next year but don't worry, there will probably be meetups and other things to keep everyone occupied during the summer.

amaya_JDB

I hate PCD. I never wanted Fanime to end. It's so weird not seeing cosplayers walking down the streets anymore, or seeing cosplayers in one giant building.

*sigh* *depressed*
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

danielvutran

I miss it too :(. My first big con, I woke up at 9 today and I slept at 4am. :(.... too used to waking up early for the con!

Mango Bunny

I'm super sad! I feel weird going back to normal life with its crummy responsibilities! I also wished I could have made more friends this year. I hope this year goes by quickly. It was fun because I actually had someone to be with this year though, but sadder in some ways because there used to be a special person I would spend the con with, but He wanted nothing to do with me. Oh well, I love fanime!

Kupo

Just like last year, I too had post-con depression. This year, it just lasted for a day because today (Tuesday) I had a Senior Picnic to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk with my class, so it made me forget. The fact that I'm graduation next week shifted my focus easier. Dunno If that's good or bad though.

Glitch

Post con depression is really bad. I swear this fanime went by way too fast. Most of my time during friday and saturday at fanime was full of stress and work, so I mostly had fun on saturday night and onward.
Going to other conventions doesn't cure this depression. They may be cons but they are not fanime.

abcbadcat

I was pretty depressed earlier until I hung out with a huge group of friends from the radio station and I found out my new time slot (Saturdays 2pm-6pm playing electronic music on 90.5 KSJS)

Piccahoe

I think I need to make a visit to berkeley, CA. They have people who dress up oddly and homeless people who smell really bad, but it's still not the same.  :'(
"Its not that I'm smart, its because I (am able to) stick to the problems."

-Albert Einstein

Ryuzhin

*Sigh* I got hit with PCD on Monday while I was walking through the halls because all I could think was, "This is my last time surrounded by all these wonderful people for another year". Now I go back to my hermitly ways of sitting in my room or going to work and having no social interaction with people... Well, time to start my countdown till next time.

Reason

I can now spend all of my time making awesome cosplay...

I just wish I met more people this year.

"Adventure, Excitement, a Jedi craves not these things."

pandasquirl

I'm sad i forgot about my Pokewalker D; and alot of other things i wanted to show people x] I hope people will still bring their pokewalker next year xD

Arnaud Rayber

Sad  :-[ First Fanime ever and I was too shy to talk to anyone.  I was that shy kid with a black mokona hat on and backpack.  Saw a lot of interesting people I wanted to talk with too.  First case of PCD and hopefully will recatch it next year

Jenius

^^^ You will!

It's hard to know exactly how to start up conversations... it's always easier for me in panels than in the halls. Plus, it can help to have one or two friends around- did you go to the con alone? If so, any chance you can convince one or two folks for next year?  But don't be attached at the hip. Meet up a few times during the day, check in, see who's doing what. Biggest way to meet folks and have that chance to say Hi is just get involved.

crystalsoul

and i thought sunday night was bad, the thought of going to bed and knowing that waking up would mean the last day of fanime...good thing i stayed up all night instead XD

but dang...monday was harsh...and tuesday was worse T~T

ive never felt such bad post-con depression as i did this year.

this year was the best yet for me, im glad i had such a good time!!!

AR-99

This was my 1st Fanime in 10 years.  I took over 1,300 photos, hit up all the signings I wanted to except LM.C (gave up when I saw the line for that 5 hours before), got to shake hands with celebrities, learned a lot of new things (like which characters are with what series, what Ninja is), and had an overall awesome time.  I can't say that I feel depressed that it's all over now.  End of the con on Monday things were slowly dying, so what else to do but head home and prepare for Tuesday.  I still have all the photos I took to rekindle memories and experiences and some awesome songs to loop like Gee and Super Girl that were played at Masquerade.  Also a whole bunch of new anime to check out so I can recognize characters when I see them!
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

r3za1264

NUUU~ cant wait till next year, probably gonna go to another con just to satisfy this need.

Impulse

Maybe its cause I was in Dealer's Hall when the con officially ended and I had clean up but I didn't feel the PCD. It's weird but I'm still not feeling it. Can't wait till next year though!
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.