This year's convention seemed kinda... meh

Started by bebop, June 01, 2010, 03:06:41 PM

Lizchan33

I'm sorry I have to get in on this.... My year if I wasn't staffing would have been Meh as well....

And of course there is such a thing as cosplaying lolita.... so we can't really bash anyone for doing that. And lolita when you look at the fashion, is the same as goth and emo and scene and prep. They are different styles and you can dress up as them for Halloween and such or you could actually be into the fashion.

Thank you for my rant :P

Oh and I wish all the staffers were nicer :/ I had a hard time keeping attendees happy because of the few bad eggs.... of course I didn't know who it was but whatever....

otaku_duckie

I agree this fanime seemed very meh (well except for the FLOW concert that was awesome!) I was very bored with all the cosplayers this year, too many vocaloids!!!! omg I cant stand vocaloids (no offense to anyone who cosplayed as one) but there was one really awesome Isshin cosplayer on friday! omg he's on the forums contact me mr. hotness! lmao j/k
another thing that bothered me was NO FLOW MERCHANDISE!!! WTH is up with that!
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Nina Star 9

I don't like Vocaloids either... Well, I would be totally indifferent to them if one of my cosplays (Ryth from Jet Set Radio Future) wasn't constantly being mistaken for Miku Hatsune, with some people being pretty insistant that I was a bad Miku cosplayer, which I really hope that I was, since I wasn't cosplaying as her. XD; (It makes it worse that Miku has an Ulala costume in that PSP game... thankfully hers is the white version and I did Ulala's orange version! ... yeah, I'm a Sega fangirl, so what. ;P)

OniCourseMusha

Man!  It was cool that I got to cosplay Vocaloid character that I can pull off and I like Vocaloids.  I was cosplaying as Hiyama Kiyoteru.  

http://moetron.com/newimages/20091112_kiyoteru-img.jpg

But my main problem with my character is its very too simple, unrecognizable, and brand new (Hiyama Kiyoteru was released last December).  That I felt sooooo out of place out the Vocaloid gathering even though I AM cosplaying as a Vocaloid character but at least I stand out more out of the rest since I AM the only the Hiyama Kiyoteru cosplayer.  Yeah even though I am cosplaying a Vocaloid character I did not like the fact that there's too many Miku here there.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Crewd

on the topic of fads, did anyone else notice the amount of guys cross dressing this year? it seemed way more then last year to me

Mizuki

Quote from: r3za1264 on June 01, 2010, 10:26:57 PM
YESSSS!!!!!!!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I THINK!)&$*)@&$*@_#_R why would you destroy the hug line D:

Its so people like me running back and forth to the Maid Cafe and Stage Zero are not blocked. It's also a HUGE fire hazard and a huge inconvenience. I don't know about you, but I like to be able to walk without having to be stopped every 5 minutes by an obnoxious group of people wanting hugs.

ewu

This thread is getting off topic too often.

If you have suggestions as to how to make the convention more enjoyable for you or have comments on what worked well and did make con enjoyable, please add them to the feedback thread:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14425.0.html
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom