Good experiences from 2010

Started by AR-99, June 01, 2010, 09:17:10 PM

AR-99

I wore a Fist of the North Star shirt on Saturday.  3 people the entire day commented on it.  Two of them were the band members from FLOW!  Both of them were, "Kenshiro!"  ;D

Mamoru Yokota did an awesome sketch for me of Yuki Nagato from Haruhi Suzumiya, using a cell phone charm as a reference.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

Somebody

I attended and participated in my first cosplayer gathering, Hetalia. It was AMAZING, certainly one of the best times I had all weekend. We laughed, sang, fangirl-squeed, awwed and well, yeah. I was so happy the rest of that day about it. I still can't get over how much fun it was! Wish it coulda lasted longer :P but out of the sun and heat! xD
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Mi Feng

Quote from: Somebody on June 01, 2010, 09:26:57 PM
I attended and participated in my first cosplayer gathering, Hetalia. It was AMAZING, certainly one of the best times I had all weekend. We laughed, sang, fangirl-squeed, awwed and well, yeah. I was so happy the rest of that day about it. I still can't get over how much fun it was! Wish it coulda lasted longer :P but out of the sun and heat! xD
Which China were you at the gathering? I was going to say hi but I wasn't too sure because there were so many. XD I was the only Fem! China. lol

Somebody

Quote from: Mi Feng on June 01, 2010, 10:42:14 PM
Which China were you at the gathering? I was going to say hi but I wasn't too sure because there were so many. XD I was the only Fem! China. lol
I was the whitest China there! I didn't look 1% Asian. If that doesn't help then.... I had brown hair, and slightly off-colored brown/red bangs. Small panda, smaller flag with short pole. Which one were you? :3
Cosplay 2013

iomoon

It was the first time I attended closing ceremony. It gave a positive end to a good weekend.

I also liked the fact that more of my friends attended. :) We had lots of fun together.

Somebody

Quote from: iomoon on June 01, 2010, 10:50:05 PM
It was the first time I attended closing ceremony. It gave a positive end to a good weekend.

I also liked the fact that more of my friends attended. :) We had lots of fun together.

You got to see it? I didn't and had a few questions:Did they play
any fake Geico/Fanime commercials?
A commercial/PSA about Narutards and eating at con?
a Mastercard/fanime commercial?
Thanks a bunch! We put those together for ZNN and left them for the others to play and I was curious if they had played them. :3
Cosplay 2013

iomoon

Quote from: Somebody on June 01, 2010, 10:52:09 PM

Thanks a bunch! We put those together for ZNN and left them for the others to play and I was curious if they had played them. :3

They played the MasterCard commercial. That was very cute. XD

Somebody

Quote from: iomoon on June 01, 2010, 10:53:07 PM
Quote from: Somebody on June 01, 2010, 10:52:09 PM

They played the MasterCard commercial. That was very cute. XD

Ha ha, it was a lot of fun to make. ^_^ Thanks very much! The others will be happy to hear this.
Cosplay 2013

mdarkpoet

FanimeCon was my first convention, my boyfriend paid for everything just so I could go it was so sweet. You may or may not have seen me wandering around the con with him all weekend, he was in a Vash/Alucard outfit and I was in a red pirate jacket with a white shirt and huge sword. Sunday night I was carrying around a sign that said Team Poland and at the Swap Meet I was the human  for sale

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pPlTdip4OasJpwIcFKokUw?feat=directlink
^^^ there's a pic hehehe

I had a blast and kept running into people I knew and making friends on the elevator.

Sora

It was awesome. Hetalia gathering was good (even though I missed the first 15 minutes of it...)
"Don't give me any orders."

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

I had fun there. Took lots of pictures, got some good souvenirs, and even got a lot of autographs from various guests. Good company all around too!
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

BunofGovt

Having at least one person ask to take my picture every day I cosplayed, awesome!  Finding neat and unexpected treasures at swap meet for myself and my friends.  Taking pictures of the youngest Bleach cosplayers evah.  Going to the bakery by the museum in full cosplay Saturday morning.  Cosplay Checkers on Sunday morning.  Meeting up with friends unexpectedly at the con.  Walking around until my legs and feet were ready to fall off and then hanging out in the hotel room with my feet propped up and cups of noodles for dinner with videos/anime to watch with roomies.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Ryuzhin

Good experiences all around, but gotta remember to bring a costume. Otherwise your ignored and just another face in the crowd if your not there with friends.

AuroraDreamer

I think that my gatherings were my best experiences. I had so much fun talking and meeting with others dressed from the same same series I was. XD

I also enjoyed taking dance lessons, even though I didn't remember the dance steps at the dance. Lol

Charis

- hot tub chat on Friday eve at the Marriott
- meeting and hanging out with some fabulous people at rehearsal and Masquerade
- the Black and White Ball, and finding out I can dance in my giant floofy Trinity Blood cosplay (even if it threatens others nearby ... whoops!)
- having an amazing turnout for the Juuni Kokki gathering (nine people! even if I knew most of 'em XD ), and getting positive feedback on it
- coming back from a con WITHOUT PLAGUE

Really, in general, this Fanime was one of the best cons I've been to in a while, and did a lot to alleviate the burnout I've been hurtling towards at high speed. I'm so glad for that. :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Green_Tea

So much good.

1. Being dipped at the B&W Ball during a Tango. As I posted on the B&W Ball thread I felt like a Spanish Princess in a trashy romance novel during that dance. My lead was very good!

2. Meeting up with an old friend I hadn't seen since I joined the military a year and a half ago and also getting to meet his new fiancee.

3. All the random that makes Fanime fun!
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

NerdyBirdAsh

Quote from: Charis on June 02, 2010, 09:41:14 AM
- coming back from a con WITHOUT PLAGUE

THIS.
Thisthisthis.

On top of making a ton of new friends (who knew rooming with strangers would be so much fun! xD), of course.
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

pandrogyny

I wish I'd made it back without catching something. But I guess I always do. ;   A;"
This year was probably the most fun I've had in all my years at Fanime so far.

Some highlights for me were:
- getting to room with a different set of friends than previous years
- trying out speed dating and getting hit on by a random passerby before it even started (if you happen to be that guy who was making heart-signs at me from outside, hey! Send me a PM hahaha~)
- playing some epic Apples to Apples at early hours of the morning without sleep
- Yaoi bingo. HAY ANTON HAAAY <3
- connecting Pokéwalkers with a ton of people

And so many other good things. It was definitely a good year.

RyuHayabusa

For me:

1,194 pics taken
17 photoshoots
Hanging out with Friends.
FLOW CONCERT! It kicked so much ass \m/
A lot of good stuff in the artist alley
K-On Gathering!!!

I think that pretty much covers it lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Mi Feng

Quote from: Somebody on June 01, 2010, 10:47:37 PM
Quote from: Mi Feng on June 01, 2010, 10:42:14 PM
I was the whitest China there! I didn't look 1% Asian. If that doesn't help then.... I had brown hair, and slightly off-colored brown/red bangs. Small panda, smaller flag with short pole. Which one were you? :3
Ohh I saw you!
I was the china with the black pleat skirt and red top. I had pigtails instead of a ponytail. :)