Good experiences from 2010

Started by AR-99, June 01, 2010, 09:17:10 PM

duzellkitty

A bunch of strangers taught me how to play Flux! :D And I had a ridiculous amount of fun in the hentai room. :D
Granny Weatherwax didn't hold with looking at the future, but now she could feel the future looking at her. She didn't like its expression at all.
-Wyrd Sisters

Raydere

• The mydjsobad booth. Not only did they have some awesome music, they also sold it at reasonable prices and had an iPad for previewing their catalog. I know one friend who had trouble not spending >$100 there.
  • Cosplay chess, like last year. A chance to meet awesome people.
  • DJMAX Technika roulette. Even though we kept creditfeeding XD
  • Banzai Arcade 2 ALPHA VERSION
  • Sunday, aka "Touhou day". The sheer amount of Touhou-related events was staggering.

I missed Yaoi Bingo this year. :(
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Somebody

Quote from: Mi Feng on June 02, 2010, 01:11:39 PM
Quote from: Somebody on June 01, 2010, 10:47:37 PM
Quote from: Mi Feng on June 01, 2010, 10:42:14 PM
Quote from: Somebody on June 01, 2010, 09:26:57 PM
I attended and participated in my first cosplayer gathering, Hetalia. It was AMAZING, certainly one of the best times I had all weekend. We laughed, sang, fangirl-squeed, awwed and well, yeah. I was so happy the rest of that day about it. I still can't get over how much fun it was! Wish it coulda lasted longer :P but out of the sun and heat! xD
Which China were you at the gathering? I was going to say hi but I wasn't too sure because there were so many. XD I was the only Fem! China. lol
I was the whitest China there! I didn't look 1% Asian. If that doesn't help then.... I had brown hair, and slightly off-colored brown/red bangs. Small panda, smaller flag with short pole. Which one were you? :3
Ohh I saw you!
I was the china with the black pleat skirt and red top. I had pigtails instead of a ponytail. :)

Hmmm I probably saw you but can't find you in the pictures I've scavenged from the interwebs.  :-\
And YES I totally agree, another good thing about con this year was that I DID NOT COME BACK SICK. I barely got by though because the roommate I had to share a bed with had a fever the night we got back from con and still has it! *shudders*
Also of course I had fun at the other gatherings I attended, the cosplay pose battle, the dance lessons, even on stage zero during our news wasn't too bad, except that nothing went as planned! -.-'
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

chococlatte

Quote from: pandrogyny on June 02, 2010, 11:20:34 AM
I wish I'd made it back without catching something. But I guess I always do. ;   A;"
This year was probably the most fun I've had in all my years at Fanime so far.

Some highlights for me were:
- getting to room with a different set of friends than previous years
- trying out speed dating and getting hit on by a random passerby before it even started (if you happen to be that guy who was making heart-signs at me from outside, hey! Send me a PM hahaha~)
- playing some epic Apples to Apples at early hours of the morning without sleep
- Yaoi bingo. HAY ANTON HAAAY <3
- connecting Pokéwalkers with a ton of people

And so many other good things. It was definitely a good year.

Ahhh, where you that one girl Dainty Devotchka was going to trade contact info over gaiaonline with so we could meet up?  D;  I'm sorry I never pm'd you.  Maybe next year?

After dealing with a huge mess with my parents at the beginning of the week, I'm glad they mustered up enough trust to let me go to fanime on saturday and sunday.  Saturday was somewhat of a fail because I went to that lolita event at the fairmont, and the fact that they started a bit late ruined my schedule completely.  I was really happy I got to spend that time with my boyfriend though.  And then sunday, I just walked around in my mudkip cosplay even though I forgot to bring my shorts to wear along with it.  D;  Even though one guy took my picture, it really made my day, so if you dressed up in what I thought looked like Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender and you happened to take my picture, please send it my way!

pandrogyny

Quote from: chococlatte on June 02, 2010, 04:27:00 PMAhhh, where you that one girl Dainty Devotchka was going to trade contact info over gaiaonline with so we could meet up?  D;  I'm sorry I never pm'd you.  Maybe next year?
Haha yup, that's me! And it's no problem. I felt like I was spread pretty thin as it was because I was trying to meet up with so many friends. n__n;;
Next year for sure! If either of us remembers, that is. xD

outcast

Being able to see all the cosplayers again was nice to see. The highlight of the weekend though was the Black and White Ball. Everyone seemed to be having a genuine fun time.

chococlatte

Quote from: pandrogyny on June 02, 2010, 05:45:17 PM
Quote from: chococlatte on June 02, 2010, 04:27:00 PMAhhh, where you that one girl Dainty Devotchka was going to trade contact info over gaiaonline with so we could meet up?  D;  I'm sorry I never pm'd you.  Maybe next year?
Haha yup, that's me! And it's no problem. I felt like I was spread pretty thin as it was because I was trying to meet up with so many friends. n__n;;
Next year for sure! If either of us remembers, that is. xD

Oh, no worries!  I was spread pretty thin too.  D;  I had no time to hang out with people outside of my main circle.

Glitch

Such good times at fanime.
Had fun performing at the comedy panel.
Celebrated my tenth fanime in a row by dining out at amici's pizza.
Met Roy Pitts of animeTV, and might do some collaborations with him.
And of course the fun at hentai night. XD

EJAY420

It was good! I'm happy that I went. Be there in 2011 too.
Most Impressive.

Knightfire

Despite not being able to room at the con this year, I still had a great time. A large part of it was having my DSLR at the con, loving the pictures I took.
Starting work for Fanime 2011