Keeping In Touch With People You Met

Started by Yuki Valentine, June 01, 2010, 09:52:37 PM

MyMidnightAffair

And I'm still looking for the Gil Nightray PH cosplayer >3<

Yuki Valentine

Oh yeah, I have videos up of Fanime on my toutube account.  I have a bunch from the Black and White Ball too, so if you saw me there or danced with me, send me a message.  ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/user/xYukiValentine
Please check out my 8tracks account and add me!
http://8tracks.com/yuki_valentine

My YouTube account- http://www.youtube.com/user/xYukiValentine

PLEASE PLAY AND DONATE!!!

freerice.com and freepoverty.com

Crewd

Quote from: Ryuzaki_X on June 04, 2010, 10:30:04 PM
Quote from: Pen2AndyP on June 02, 2010, 02:49:27 AM
I am Andy, I spent a lot of time around the artist's exhibit as a guy playing the kazoo and guitar, with the pack hanging on my back. If anyone wants to contact me, or have any possible requests for next year, just PM me!

I remember you, you were pretty awesome. Like I said before. Freebird!!!!

Quote from: Crewd on June 03, 2010, 02:03:58 PM
Quote from: RikuCosplayer on June 03, 2010, 02:47:59 AM
Hey Whats up people! Who has a Myspace?
Who wants to be my friend?!? -Randum- xD

Myspace.com/afro_kitty
:p

Is this the same afro kitty that told me to add them on steam?

Looking for the girl that gave me her parking ticket, when I asked for change for the machine. My friend got your number but not me <(T.T)>, asking him for numbers is like asking Homer Simpson for doughnuts. You were a cool person, you even spy crabbed with me. I forgot your name too, I am so bad with names.

the one and only :3

Logik

Only bumping this once. *cough* Still looking for said ppl. :-\

Quote from: Logik on June 04, 2010, 01:18:45 AM
My name is Joshua. I went as Kenshin for the past 6 years but was sadly unable to this year. Most of the time this year I was wearing a Triforce beanie, Twilight Princess design. There were a couple of people I met that I would hope to get in contact with. One would be this girl I met at the Argentine Tango session on Saturday. I believe her name was Thea (not sure of the spelling and I'm bad with names of people I just met), had her dark brown hair tied back each time I saw her. She was an awesome dancer and didn't get a chance to dance/speak with her during the B&W ball and anytime after (respectively). The times I did spot her at the B&W ball, she was wearing a black and white dress. Since I'm bad at descriptions as well, that's as detailed as I can get. :-[ Another would be the Harry Dresden cosplayer I ran into. IIRC, he was part of the staff. I would have liked to talk a lot about the Dresden Files, but I was too shocked to see both a Harry cosplayer and Dresden Files fan irl. He had the black glove for his character's burnt left hand and was asked about Bob the skull.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w238/TrueLogik/Fanime%202010/DSC00051.jpg<---Pic of Harry Dresden cosplayer

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w238/TrueLogik/Fanime%202010/Fanime2010GameRoom.jpg <---Pic of me with the Triforce beanie on the left. Will post up the pic with my suit if I can find it.

UPDATE: Just found this pic, the girl on the right should be the one I'm looking for. http://www.tenchifanart.com/tfa_cosplay/v/fanime_2010/DSC_0322.JPG.html
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden

Xepherian

Quote from: Aeredon on June 02, 2010, 01:22:37 PM
To those that played ninja, my name is Robin. I was the pikachu with the headphones and green/yellow bandanas. I'd like to keep in contact with all of you for future news of ninja gaming and just random gathering/hangouts. I'm also trying to find the Ibuki and her friend who were hosting/reffing the games on Saturday afternoon. Thank you!

dude, i saw you.
you played with me last year.
don't think i played with you at all this year though sadly.

however, this year, my hope is askew.
i'm looking for a man named "josh".
he played air hockey with me for like, 6 hours on sunday night.
then he wandered off. and i was like 'damn. he was cool. i hope he has facebook'.

pandrogyny

Quote from: Xepherian on June 11, 2010, 12:40:11 AM
however, this year, my hope is askew.
i'm looking for a man named "josh".
he played air hockey with me for like, 6 hours on sunday night.
then he wandered off. and i was like 'damn. he was cool. i hope he has facebook'.
Was he tall, kinda skinny, short black hair and glasses? o wo

DaKree~

Anyone that was at the DDR Freestyle exhibition here? We should keep in touch for more future stuff. ^^

I was the TK btw. haha

STATUSQUOcTho

this was my first year playing ninja, but i came to fanime on Sat-monday. i learned how to play ninja on sat and played thru monday. i was wearing a black button down shirt wid a red tie. and on monday i wore a cutoff sleeveless shirt, with same red tie. does anyone remember me or my friends? they were the really good twins, and the other short asian guy with long hair.

OniCourseMusha

I was helping out with the B&W Ball and I'm sure you have seen me as one of the dance assistance and I also showed up at the DDR Freestyle just to give support to one of my good old buddies for Philip and Jonas even though I helluv suck at DDR Freestyle.  Just message me if you like to keep in touch.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

SimaSeph

I'm looking for any of the people I played awkward twister with in the game room on Saturday. I was cosplaying Sephiroth at that time. I also would like to keep in touch with anyone I played volleyball with. I kept getting dragged onto one side of the field and the girls team, and then I was the team captain a few times.
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

ShinoBee

Quote from: Melly on June 03, 2010, 02:01:47 AM
//tries this thread as well then 8D

hey everyoneeeeee... so i kinda fell in love with some guy at Fanime. and i kept following him around like a little puppy the whole time...

and i was wondering if anyone knows his name or contact information i didn't really know where else i could ask forum wise ;__;....

and i was too nervous to ask him cause i had butterflies and giggles and stuff xDDDDDDDD

i'm also looking for other pictures of him D< cause i only got like um... 5 ;~;...

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs594.snc3/31314_1382199048000_1622689377_893977_1602934_n.jpg

he was wearing that outfit the whole time but sunday night he had his pantlegs all the way down and took off his shades :3~ i think his first name is Louis or Louise or Lewis.. //doesn't know ;__; HALP. ;__;

Maybe I'm just paranoid or missing something, but this does rub off as a bit creepy and to some extent stalkerish for me. :/ "Following around like a lost little puppy"? I'd personally get creeped out, especially the fact you mentioned he wasn't actually cosplaying.

**On a serious note, I KNOW people that were stalked at a con, and it's honestly not a pretty matter whatsoever. Hell, it's not even cute or puppy love, it's HORRIFYING. And you're also lucky to be a girl, because if you made this EXACT post and you were a guy instead, you would be automatically called out as a stalker, with NO MERCY WHATSOEVER.

And if he was interested in you back...you know, you wouldn't need to follow him or ask to take pictures with him 5 times. By this time, he would've given you his contact info and such so you wouldn't need to be asking the forum. If you like someone, GO FOR IT. Don't just follow someone around. Get that contact info, exchange numbers, and find time to hang out.

Well, if you ever find this "soulmate" of yours, congrats. If you don't, it obviously wasn't fate.

I love my Piggie! :D

Persona

I think I might've met you at cosplay volleyball. Do you have a profile somewhere?

Quote from: SimaSeph on June 12, 2010, 11:42:31 AM
I'm looking for any of the people I played awkward twister with in the game room on Saturday. I was cosplaying Sephiroth at that time. I also would like to keep in touch with anyone I played volleyball with. I kept getting dragged onto one side of the field and the girls team, and then I was the team captain a few times.

darkkako

Quote from: ShinoBee on June 12, 2010, 10:42:36 PM
Maybe I'm just paranoid or missing something, but this does rub off as a bit creepy and to some extent stalkerish for me. :/

It's not just you. I've been debating saying more or less the same thing - Posting once or twice to say you'd like to meet up with someone is fine, but getting to the "soul mate" point kind of crosses a line. If I were that guy, I'd be specifically avoiding responding at this point. >_<

On topic - I was at an artist's alley table all weekend, but I'd love to keep in contact with the people who stopped by and talked to me. :) I was table 240, right near the staff table. I had a samurai champloo print, a soul eater print, a bunch of hellsing prints, and some anime-themed lip balm for sale.

Jelly Soup

Quote from: darkkako on June 13, 2010, 02:28:59 AM
Maybe I'm just paranoid or missing something, but this does rub off as a bit creepy and to some extent stalkerish for me. :/

It's not just you. I've been debating saying more or less the same thing - Posting once or twice to say you'd like to meet up with someone is fine, but getting to the "soul mate" point kind of crosses a line. If I were that guy, I'd be specifically avoiding responding at this point. >_<

If you were a guy (particularly one who frequents anime conventions), this is a situation where you'd more than likely be thinking with various parts of your anatomy first. :)

PyronIkari

Quote from: Jelly Soup on June 13, 2010, 02:44:16 AM
Quote from: darkkako on June 13, 2010, 02:28:59 AM

If you were a guy (particularly one who frequents anime conventions), this is a situation where you'd more than likely be thinking with various parts of your anatomy first. :)

Or not. I've been stalked by girls before... it's seriously annoying. Then again i'm not a "con guy" on the social ladder.

SimaSeph

Quote from: Persona on June 13, 2010, 12:57:29 AM
I think I might've met you at cosplay volleyball. Do you have a profile somewhere?

Quote from: SimaSeph on June 12, 2010, 11:42:31 AM

What kind of profile did you have in mind?
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

Persona

Nephilim

Aww, did people need to really point that out? I kind of feel bad for the girl.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

ShinoBee

Yeah, I had to point it out.

It's a part of growing up, because this kind of thing is cute during elementary, but just plain creepy when you're grown up.

I love my Piggie! :D

kohana ichibana

I met lots of people at my artist alley table. I specifically met the people who stopped to draw in my sketchbook. :d I wish I could have gotten everyones DA's or some form of contact so I could send them a scan of the drawings they drew in my sketchbook. Most people drew with my blue pencil. Sad to say it broke on the way home.

I was sitting next to some friends, in the picture on my right is Kura who was selling Blazeblue stuff and on my left which you can't see is my friend Ash (DEE) who was selling Touhou and next to her was our afro friend Glen who has prints of Naruto and Samus. I was selling Gintama and RO pins and keychains.

Also I want to find that Rover who was trying to steal my penguin. :3 he was awesome.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)