Stage Zero 2010 Feedback.

Started by avalon, June 02, 2010, 02:29:03 AM

avalon

Hey everyone,

My name is Chris, I'm the second for Stage Zero. I am looking for feedback from attendees and fellow staffers about our show this year. What is it that you like? What is it you didn't like? What would you like to see back? What do you think we can change? Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to reading them.
2003 - 2005, Dealers Liaison.
2006 - 2010, Stage Zero 2nd.

AR-99

For the Yamaga party on Sunday, one way to get tickets was at random times from Stage Zero.  How random was this and how frequently did it happen?  Did I have to camp there to attempt to get one?  The area was one of my most frequent spots I passed by, i.e. several times a day on Saturday and Sunday, but I didn't hear a word about the Yamaga party.  Thanks!
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

avalon

The Yamaga party invite vouchers were given out via games we had on Stage. These happened roughly every couple of hours, and the participants were chosen at random from the crowd. We gave out the last of our Vouchers around noon on Saturday. On Sunday, however, we gave them out on a more regular basis as a ton more vouchers showed up at the info desk right near our Stage. We were a bit overcrowded this year programming wise so we couldn't give them out as often as we would have liked, and apologize for any disappointment this has caused. However, next year is another year, and I'm sure FanimeCon will be hosting another gathering.

mobiusrain

I think it was great. Whenever there was nothing going on I'd just go to Stage Zero =D. Hope to see ya guys in action again next year! I have a quick question though. What was that dance/song Fanimaid performance with those 4 schoolgirls in the background video? Cutesy song I never got a hold of the title of :P...

avalon

Quote from: mobiusrain on June 02, 2010, 01:26:52 PM
What was that dance/song Fanimaid performance with those 4 schoolgirls in the background video? Cutesy song I never got a hold of the title of :P...

Thank you for supporting Stage Zero!

Is this the performance you are talking about? It's the only one I remember running with the info you provided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zjYDzqKKfI

If so, here is the info you asked about:

Artist: Watarirouka Hoshiri Tai
Title: Kanpekigu~no ne

Green_Tea

I honestly didn't see a lot at Stage Zero this year.

I only saw one performance which was ok.. It was the one where the artist basically did a strip tease. . .

Let's just say I wasn't very impressed. Besides this every time I went to see something at Stage Zero I ended up just waiting around with nothing playing or the time was wrong and the performance was already over..

I miss the random games and energy that Stage Zero seemed to have the last time I came to Fanime in 2007.

Still appreciate all the effort you guys put into it though. =)
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

avalon

Quote from: Green_Tea on June 02, 2010, 02:23:59 PM

I only saw one performance which was ok.. It was the one where the artist basically did a strip tease. . .

Let's just say I wasn't very impressed. Besides this every time I went to see something at Stage Zero I ended up just waiting around with nothing playing or the time was wrong and the performance was already over..

I miss the random games and energy that Stage Zero seemed to have the last time I came to Fanime in 2007.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I'm sorry about the experience this year, we were WAY over booked and that was a mistake on our part, it will not be happening again next year and we have some pretty cool things planned to go back to the way we were before. If I may ask though, what did you notice had a wrong time? Some performances were canceled due to issues outside of our control, and some started a little late due to events running over their scheduled time. 2007 was indeed a great year, and we are working on ways to go back to that time while improving ourselves. One of the major changes we've made in the past couple years, is that we are now running 24 hours with videos being played late night.

Green_Tea

Quote from: avalon on June 02, 2010, 02:33:08 PM

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I'm sorry about the experience this year, we were WAY over booked and that was a mistake on our part, it will not be happening again next year and we have some pretty cool things planned to go back to the way we were before. If I may ask though, what did you notice had a wrong time? Some performances were canceled due to issues outside of our control, and some started a little late due to events running over their scheduled time. 2007 was indeed a great year, and we are working on ways to go back to that time while improving ourselves. One of the major changes we've made in the past couple years, is that we are now running 24 hours with videos being played late night.

Now I'm not sure if I remember correctly but it had to do with one of the maid performances. I was told/read/heard/ about three different times for one of the days. At one point it was supposed to be on at like 1:00 but it was listed for 12:00? Sorry I can't be more clear because I don't remember... I know someone already said something about it in another section of the forum too though. Maybe this is what you mean about somethings running over?

And I totally understand when things come up you can't control! Like when you guys were having technical difficulties with one of the music videos and it kept stopping about halfway through.
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

Michi

My group Angel Hearts performed a 15 minute show on Stage Zero a little after 5 pm on Sunday. There were delays to us starting, but that honestly helped my group have a few extra minutes of prep time. Haha! When we got off stage we were greeted with water bottles, which was AMAZING for us because we were dancing 6 songs straight wearing vinyl and confetti dot and definitely needed it. So thank you Stage Zero staff!
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

avalon

Now I'm not sure if I remember correctly but it had to do with one of the maid performances. I was told/read/heard/ about three different times for one of the days. At one point it was supposed to be on at like 1:00 but it was listed for 12:00? Sorry I can't be more clear because I don't remember... I know someone already said something about it in another section of the forum too though. Maybe this is what you mean about somethings running over?

And I totally understand when things come up you can't control! Like when you guys were having technical difficulties with one of the music videos and it kept stopping about halfway through.

Ah, yes.. There was a timing issue with the Maid Cafe but it was cleared up. The fanime pocket schedule was a little hard to read, even I had to compare it with what we had to make sure everything was correct. If you attend next year, please feel free to ask any of us that work for Stage Zero about any performance related questions you may have, we will be glad to tell you who is on at what time.

As far as that music video, yeah... Computers don't like to be running while processing at full speed non-stop for 70+ hours with no breaks. ^_^;

Quote from: Michi on June 02, 2010, 03:01:47 PM
My group Angel Hearts performed a 15 minute show on Stage Zero a little after 5 pm on Sunday. There were delays to us starting, but that honestly helped my group have a few extra minutes of prep time. Haha! When we got off stage we were greeted with water bottles, which was AMAZING for us because we were dancing 6 songs straight wearing vinyl and confetti dot and definitely needed it. So thank you Stage Zero staff!

You guys did an amazing job! I thought one of our staff informed you about the previous act running a little late, if not, I am so sorry! We saw how hard you worked so we had water waiting, doing what you did for 15 minutes straight was amazing to watch. I hope you guys consider coming back again.

Dracil

Quote from: avalon on June 02, 2010, 03:18:24 PM

Ah, yes.. There was a timing issue with the Maid Cafe but it was cleared up. The fanime pocket schedule was a little hard to read, even I had to compare it with what we had to make sure everything was correct. If you attend next year, please feel free to ask any of us that work for Stage Zero about any performance related questions you may have, we will be glad to tell you who is on at what time.

It wasn't actually.  As I mentioned in the general con feedback thread, the m.fanime.com schedule still listed Fanimaid at 12PM when I looked at it a little before 12.  At 12:30 I went to the Info Desk right next to stage zero and the staff there insisted repeatedly that Yukie's performance was the Fanimaid live performance and that it was over.

avalon

Quote from: Dracil on June 02, 2010, 05:02:09 PM
It wasn't actually.  As I mentioned in the general con feedback thread, the m.fanime.com schedule still listed Fanimaid at 12PM when I looked at it a little before 12.  At 12:30 I went to the Info Desk right next to stage zero and the staff there insisted repeatedly that Yukie's performance was the Fanimaid live performance and that it was over.

Thank you for this, in the future we will be sure to triple check everything. We didn't have the m.fanime.com schedule on hand at the stage. It was over looked and should have been caught.

Michi

Quote from: avalon on June 02, 2010, 03:18:24 PM
You guys did an amazing job! I thought one of our staff informed you about the previous act running a little late, if not, I am so sorry! We saw how hard you worked so we had water waiting, doing what you did for 15 minutes straight was amazing to watch. I hope you guys consider coming back again.

Oh no, don't worry about it. I'm sure our group was informed and all, but we really didn't mind the late start. I was the last of our group to arrive anyway. Thank you so much for having us, and thanks for the compliments! I am 99.9% sure we will want to perform again next year, with new songs and outfits. :) And hopefully more preparation, hehe.
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

milkychu

It was my first time and my friend's to attend Fanime when we waited for the opening ceremonies, it was delayed. I wish they would have said something like the opening ceremonies were going to be delayed or they were experiencing difficulties, but they just decided to stall and ask the crown how many cosplayers cosplayed as what and so on.

I really liked the Momoi concert and maids performing. However I was too far away to really see anything. I was at the back edge of the crowd. I know that you guys can't really make the area bigger to encompass a larger crowd because there's a limit as to people fitting in there. Only if those pillars weren't there.... XD
♥ FANIME 2010 PICTURES ♥
http://artemis6.deviantart.com/•
♥FANIME Lolita PANEL♥
http://www.youtube.com/user/connie4790◘

PyronIkari

Quote from: milkychu on June 06, 2010, 01:21:23 PM
It was my first time and my friend's to attend Fanime when we waited for the opening ceremonies, it was delayed. I wish they would have said something like the opening ceremonies were going to be delayed or they were experiencing difficulties, but they just decided to stall and ask the crown how many cosplayers cosplayed as what and so on.

I really liked the Momoi concert and maids performing. However I was too far away to really see anything. I was at the back edge of the crowd. I know that you guys can't really make the area bigger to encompass a larger crowd because there's a limit as to people fitting in there. Only if those pillars weren't there.... XD

Not stage zero, but I'm going to chime in. That literally is the biggest open area on the concourse that can support the stage. My suggestion? Come earlier and get a better seat.

Though to be honest... I don't see how we're going to beat our Fanimaid Live Finale next year(Though I have a good idea what we're going to do for it). Reports say that Don't Stop Believing could be heard from one end of the concourse to the other.

abcbadcat

I was on the game show and didn't get extra points for something someone else got extra points for :<

Hao

I've been looking everywhere for it but I can't find a list of songs from the maid performance
@_@
If you have one, that would seriously make me happy.
Otherwise I would settle for this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pZY2lJFEx8&feature=related

PyronIkari

Quote from: Hao on June 12, 2010, 06:16:32 PM
I've been looking everywhere for it but I can't find a list of songs from the maid performance
@_@
If you have one, that would seriously make me happy.
Otherwise I would settle for this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pZY2lJFEx8&feature=related

Which maid performance? Animaid's? Fanimaid☆Live or Fanimaid☆Live Zoku?

That vid is from Animaid's guest spot, Chiyo-chan is the performer, the song is Renai Circulation from Bakemonogatari.

Hao

Which maid performance? Animaid's? Fanimaid☆Live or Fanimaid☆Live Zoku?

That vid is from Animaid's guest spot, Chiyo-chan is the performer, the song is Renai Circulation from Bakemonogatari.
[/quote]

I only watched Animaid and Halko's performances. Umm...all of em if you can? :]

Oh you are a life saver. Its been bugging me for weeks. Chiyo-chan sure was tired after a while, she has amazing stamina.

sakurakiss

Quote from: avalon on June 02, 2010, 02:29:03 AM
Hey everyone,

My name is Chris, I'm the second for Stage Zero. I am looking for feedback from attendees and fellow staffers about our show this year. What is it that you like? What is it you didn't like? What would you like to see back? What do you think we can change? Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to reading them.

I liked the performances from the groups the best. I really loved to see people dance and I felt they all did a great job. I totally disliked the comedy routines and the Q&A games. I thought those were boring.
앤지