Attendance Numbers????

Started by Akito_starwind, June 02, 2010, 09:48:59 AM

Akito_starwind

Do we have a Idea of how many People we had this year?

Knightfire

Starting work for Fanime 2011

Sen

It will be a while before we get our numbers sorted out, but it will come out via press release ala Marketing division.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Junon

There seemed to be a lot more people than the year before.

Kertus

They said at closing ceremonies that the con had grown by 5000 this year?
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

M

Quote from: Kertus on June 02, 2010, 11:22:41 AM
They said at closing ceremonies that the con had grown by 5000 this year?
Ric Meyers (a Guest of Honor and great overall guy/friend) said that his personal feelings were that the convention had grown by 5000.

Actual Marketing numbers will be released ala press release. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

otakuya

It feels like we're close to the maximum capacity of the convention center

Eri Kagami

Yeah, it did feel much more crowded than previous years. I could hardly breathe in the main fountain area!

otakuya

Quote from: White Rose Assassin on June 04, 2010, 06:23:39 PM
Yeah, it did feel much more crowded than previous years. I could hardly breathe in the main fountain area!
...and that's outside!

PDelahanty

Quote from: MPLe on June 04, 2010, 07:32:22 AM
Actual Marketing numbers will be released ala press release. :)
I never saw this press release.  Still curious as to exact attendance for FanimeCon 2010.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Damn Thread Necromancy.

Quote from: Otakuya on June 05, 2010, 10:40:21 AM
Quote from: White Rose Assassin on June 04, 2010, 06:23:39 PM
...and that's outside!

You may have Asthma, or perhaps social anxiety of some kind...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BitsOfChoBits

so what was the actual attendance? I do like small conventions but sometimes hate crowds, if I go this year it may be the farthest Ive ever driven. With all the forum happiness I really want to check out this convention for the first time

PatrickD

I don't want to make assumptions, but conventions that normally give out their attendance numbers often keep quiet about them if there's a drop from the previous year.

M

Quote from: BitsOfChoBits on January 18, 2011, 09:23:15 AM
so what was the actual attendance? I do like small conventions but sometimes hate crowds, if I go this year it may be the farthest Ive ever driven. With all the forum happiness I really want to check out this convention for the first time
The plan was to release the numbers with the press release, but that was decided against for various reasons.
Quote from: PatrickD on January 20, 2011, 10:13:19 AM
I don't want to make assumptions, but conventions that normally give out their attendance numbers often keep quiet about them if there's a drop from the previous year.
I can say that our numbers did not go down. I'd like to believe that we're pretty transparent with information about our convention, but what you stated is pretty common among every organization.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

otakuya

http://www.fanime.com/about/
QuoteOver 16,000 enthusiasts joined FanimeCon 2010

So it's actually more than '09

Tony

It was a bit more, but... releasing the numbers raises issues that we don't feel like dealing with. It can give an incomplete view of the convention as well, which is bad externally and internally. Just take a look at AX vs. Otakon.

It's certainly no snub to the community in general or Patrick specifically. It's just a philosophical thing that's been around for a while in FanimeCon. We're growing quite well - enough so that we can outdo ourselves each year - and that's about all the numbers matter to us.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

EJAY420

I've seen the numbers on Wikipedia.com. Just 'wiki" Fanime. I'll tell u right now, from someone who's been to "first fanime", this event keeps getting bigger and bigger with every year......awesome.
Most Impressive.

heeroyuy135

Well it's interesting that AnimeCons.com won't rank FanimeCon 2010 in their most recent podcast because they "never got a press release" and they didn't find the information on the website. Then again it was filmed before the new website went up, so I'll bet that someone told them so that they can correct that list.
http://animecons.com/podcast/episode.shtml?24

ewu

There are still no official numbers for FanimeCon and the staff have made a decision to not have an official number.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

otakuya