Badge Mistakes

Started by MishaRose22, June 02, 2010, 06:02:06 PM

MishaRose22

On Friday morning, I purchased a badge to cover the whole weekend for $60. This was my first time at Fanime and I was a bit ignorant, so I failed to notice the different color of my badge. It was orange and it read 'FRIDAY' across the top, but the sticker with my name read 'WEEKEND'.
I didn't get any problems until Saturday, of course, and I had to clear things up with the staff when entering the Dealer's Hall, Gaming Room or Artist Alley.

Did anyone else encounter this problem? Was there any way I could have fixed it?

cr08

Pretty sure if you went back to registration and talked to someone you could have had it fixed right there no problem. :)

Jenius

I saw a few badges like that, and I'd think they head to reg and get it sorted out- badge goofs can be an innocent mistake, or someone trying to get sneaky. I think folks forget that reg, con-ops... people are there to give you a hand when things get screwy. Sounds as if someone goofed on putting your badge together. Did it get taken care of or did you have to spend the week-end explaining?

Tony

Quote from: MishaRose22 on June 02, 2010, 06:02:06 PM
On Friday morning, I purchased a badge to cover the whole weekend for $60. This was my first time at Fanime and I was a bit ignorant, so I failed to notice the different color of my badge. It was orange and it read 'FRIDAY' across the top, but the sticker with my name read 'WEEKEND'.
I didn't get any problems until Saturday, of course, and I had to clear things up with the staff when entering the Dealer's Hall, Gaming Room or Artist Alley.

Did anyone else encounter this problem? Was there any way I could have fixed it?
Doh! Yes, you could have headed back down to Registration and they would have created a proper badge for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

MishaRose22

I was a total n00b at this con and I didn't end up getting it fixed. That was my bad. So sorry!

But thank you for letting me know! If it happens again next year, I will definitely fix it right away. ^^